Olivenhain Oktoberfest 10/12

Discussion in 'Pacific' started by SDReaper, Oct 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SDReaper

SDReaper Pooh-Bah (2,150) Aug 15, 2013 California
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

So this is just a small little festival held in the wonderful town of Olivenhain (a smaller town within Encinitas).

When: Oct. 12th noon - 4pm
    Where: Olivenhain Town Hall
    What: Eating bratwurst from TipTop meats, listening to music, drinking beer from whichever breweries donated kegs this year, and watching kids play in the bounce house or at the little petting zoo.
    How much: Good question, I think beer tickets are $30 for non OTC members and $25 for OTC members, if not drinking it drops it to I believe $20.

www.olivenhain.org (the website was failing for me as I type this out).

I have been going to this for about 10 years, it is held twice a year, Oktoberfest and "We can't wait a full year so lets do it again" also known as Beer and Brat fest.

It is a pay once, get wristband and then eat and drink until it is gone or their time is up. You can bring your own steins but due to unfortunate events in the past (stupid college kids) they may only half pour, which may not be bad depending on how warm it is. And it won't stop you from going back and getting more beer.

I tend to get there early and setup a couple horseshoe pits in the back (granted it is on dirt so not official pits but it is better than nothing), and a couple friends of mine bring CornHole and Bocce Ball sets. Hooray for old man games!

Last year I believe we polished off 8 kegs, I believe Stone, Karl Strauss, Green Flash, Ballast Point, and Pizza Port were the offerings back in May. Hoping Rip Current gives a keg again this Oktoberfest but I guess I will find out tomorrow.

So if bored and looking for something to do tomorrow, I would recommend drinking in the sun, eating a bratwurst or 4 and listening to some nice music, or throwing a metal object at another metal object because why not.

Cheers and beers

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.