1. Extreme Beer Fest. March 20 & 21, 2015 in Boston, Mass. Join us!
  2. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  3. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

On tap in the Twin Cities Metro - July Edition

Discussion in 'US - Midwest' started by mothman, Jul 2, 2013.

1. Let's get another month of good beer rollin'! We are already a day behind!

I was at Washington Square in WBL last night and they had Seven on tap. They also had the Deschutes 88 smoked porter on tap.

opwog likes this.
  2. MCImes

MCImes Savant (360) Minnesota Dec 31, 2010

Just discovered this last night

Grumpy's has Minnesota Mondays; $2 pints of almost all MN beer (bad axe was the only exclusion). They didnt have anything too special, but lots of solid offerings for $2. furious, cynic, hop dish, midnight ryder, saga, sweet child, a pour decisions, lucid, and about 10 more im not thinking of... Plenty of tasty beer for cheap!

3. MNBeerGeek

MNBeerGeek Advocate (510) Minnesota Jun 25, 2013

I suppose this was July when I had it. Pat's Tap had Seviin as of 2 days ago. Might still. Either way, I just discovered that they choose a tap for all month "happy hour" prices. They have Southern Tier 2xIPA for $3.25. Pretty good. Damn delicious at $3.25. Also 2 for 1 lunch if you have a Chinook Book (posted this in the June edition too).

4. This via Stout's Pub in Falcon Heights

Come check out all of the new draft beers at Stout's, including:
    -Castle Danger Indulging George Hunter
    -Surly SeVIIn
    -Ommegang Fleur de Houblon
    -Boulder Hoopla (on nitro!)
    -Great Lakes Lake Erie Monster
    -Flat Earth Ovni
    -and 18 more!!!

5. opwog

opwog Advocate (580) Minnesota Jun 16, 2008

New Holland's Night Tripper is on at Republic Uptown. I don't find that too often. $7 featured beer, so no happy hour pricing.

6. opwog

Bulldog uptown: Bell's Roundhouse (why this isn't a regular release from them, I have no idea). Also a flashback beer for me, but it has been many years and many miles since I have seen Tilburg Dutch Brown.

7. PieOhMy

PieOhMy Advocate (505) Minnesota Feb 23, 2013

VII at OC in EP.

8. opwog

Yes, making the rounds in uptown, but trust me that I am not consuming everything that I am posting. Just interesting finds.

Muddy Waters: Ska/Brash collab; Skankin Dirty. Tyranena Scurvy. Dark Horse One.

9. PieOhMy

PieOhMy Advocate (505) Minnesota Feb 23, 2013

"but trust me that I am not consuming everything"

It'd be a lot cooler if you were.

yamar68 likes this.
  10. Mplsmetro57

Mplsmetro57 Savant (320) Minnesota Jan 30, 2013

7/10 - Devil Dancer & Rubaeus tapped @ Nomad @ 6 pm. 7/15 - Black Butte XXV tapped @ Muddy Waters @ 5 pm. 7/18 - Hunter Thompson Day with Flying Dog BA Gonzo @ 5 pm.

11. opwog

Where is the Gonzo going to be?

12. opwog

Not under the circumstances, because I was driving. As it was, I had short pours when possible.

13. elliott1184

elliott1184 Savant (390) Minnesota Mar 31, 2011

Happy Gnome

14. yamar68

yamar68 Initiate (0) Minnesota Apr 1, 2011

Cherry Wee Jack at Town Hall. Better than any beer listed in this thread thus far.

15. opwog

Ah, you are killing me. After the Umphrey's McGee show last night, I tried to go to TH but couldn't grab street parking so we moved on to the Polka Lounge at Nye's.

16. Mplsmetro57

Southern Tier 2XIPA, 2XStout, 2XSteam @ Acadia on July 11 @ 5 pm.

17. Black Butte XXV will tap next Monday at muddy waters

sacrelicio and jebsinger like this.
  18. For anyone in the north metro, SeVIIn and Schadenfreude are tapping tonight @ Bricks Pub in Blaine.

19. opwog

If anybody is interested in Coffee Bender, it is on tap at Hopkins Pizza Luce and is their Tuesday night special of all beers 3.50

20. sacrelicio

sacrelicio Initiate (0) Minnesota Feb 15, 2005

oh yeah

DBijnagte likes this.
  21. Mplsmetro57

SeVIIn still on at Bulldog NE and Mac's Industrial. Sour Brunette on at Barley Johns. Butcher and the Boar tapping Devil Dancer and Rubaeus next Tuesday @ 5 pm. Summit's Another IPA (Unchained Brit-style IPA) release party is 8/1 @ Barrio St. Paul @ 4 pm. Cheers!

22. Sofie Paradisi goes on at New Bohemia next Tuesday at 6:30. That's an hour after $0.10 Goose Island IPA and Summertime Kolsch pours ends.

DBijnagte, opwog and Mplsmetro57 like this.
  23. i sure hope i am around for this, but i think i will be out of town :(

24. Sour Brunette sounds amazing and I would love to try this. I am not able to get over there until the weekend though. How long do the special releases usually stick around at Barley John's? Would you expect there to be some left on Saturday?

25. sacrelicio

Paradisi is supposed to be amazing.

26. I am pretty sure Urine Trouble is supposed to go on this week at the taproom. Anybody have any details on this? It's already Wednesday so I'd guess soon.

27. Via Facebook:

SPECIAL TAPROOM EVENT: Come grab Urine Trouble, a special Imperial Brett IPA Todd collaborated on with 3 Floyds, at the taproom on Friday or Saturday for a great cause. We'll be donating $1 to Wildcat Sanctuaryfor every glass sold. The beer will be $5 for 10 oz. Read more about Urine Trouble here: http://bit.ly/1dkgWFa

Also, be sure to check out our new Facebook tab to get info on the weekly taproom beer and food truck list: http://bit.ly/surlytaproom

28. It's the grapefruit Sophie right? If so it is!

29. MNBeerGeek

MNBeerGeek Advocate (510) Minnesota Jun 25, 2013

Ah crap! Gonna be out of town

30. Yup I may have mentioned that to ya :)

31. Alpar

Alpar Savant (490) Kentucky Apr 13, 2009

It is. I had about 6 glasses of it when I was back home a few weeks ago.

Penguin3200 likes this.
  32. sacrelicio

Yes you are that man

33. igor

igor Aficionado (200) Minnesota Nov 7, 2009

Checked out Stout's last night for the first time. Nice place! The SeVIIn was gone. The others listed were still there. There was another Castle Danger there. Extra Pale Lager (EPL) Very tasty!

34. Cyclone8

Cyclone8 Savant (475) Minnesota Oct 19, 2011

Yeah, stopped in myself and was bummed to see they didn't have Indulging George Hunter:(
    That said, they do have a good selection.

35. Mplsmetro57

I just called and its still on and imagine it will be for a few more days. FYI - its bracingly sour.

36. MCImes

MCImes Savant (360) Minnesota Dec 31, 2010

I went over there for a taste last night and have to say its not their best brew. Its song is just 'lactic lactic lactic lactic lactic' Not in a good guezue-y way either.

37. If it's anything like the last time it tasted like ketchup.

38. Mplsmetro57

True - I choked down a few gulps. Not ketchup but overly lactic.

39. Just induldged on a Stone RuinTen at Butcher & the Boar.

40. Mplsmetro57

So good wasn't it? Creamier and less hoppy tasting than in bottles. Ska and Brash's Dirty Skankin is on too. I was surprised to see Iowa's Peace Tree Red Rambler on. Light on the palette though.