1. Extreme Beer Fest tickets go on sale Sat, Sep 27 @ Noon EDT.
  2. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  3. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

On Tap Liquid Beer Enhancer

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by Jason, Jun 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cubbyswans

cubbyswans Savant (365) Missouri Jun 10, 2008

wtf is wrong with this picture? 1250 of these at that price comes out to $499.00 per bottle. No thanks.

2. What makes you think that's not next if the first two take off?

3. Do they last a really long time?

4. powpig2002

powpig2002 Savant (325) Florida Jan 26, 2012

or a 12pack for 10.99-11.99

Jules11788 likes this.
  5. I'm just saying it's a strange entry point to the market. They're kind of doing the whole "dip the toe" thing, rather than identifying a market that they think will buy this and going after them. Coming from a background in marketing, it's bad strategy and that kind of approach will often doom you to failure.

6. Is this not some sort of gag gift? Ya know, give it to your BMC drinking dad for Father's Day. Sort of a way to shame him?

That's the only way I could understand this product...

7. I like your thinking but... in your example you'll only have 12 SNPAs as opposed to 20 Buds for an extra $1.99.
    I can buy 12 packs of SNPA for $14.99 each - $29.98 for the case. A case of Bud at the same price point you show [$0.65 a can] is $15.60. Add $4.99 for the enhancer = $20.59 for the case of fake SNPA.

Guess what - I'll still spend the extra $9.39 for the SNPA.

Philly82785 likes this.
  8. Apparently the makers of this product either have no idea what their market is, have plenty of cash to burn, or were just sitting around a table one day thinking if we make something completely different, people will buy it. It's not like it hasn't happened before - ending with success or failure.

9. loafinaround

loafinaround Savant (370) New York Jul 16, 2011

hahaha, murse.

That would be liquid civit coffee beer..... from weasel anus extract ;)

That shit would really reduce my shipping charges, for sure.
    (she says as she completes a trade for barrel-aged beer geek weasel :rolleyes:)

10. I'm curious about the "Always dilute in a glass of beer" disclaimer. Maybe this pure hop extract for when you need that fix. Kind of like the crack of hops?

11. stakem

stakem Champion (870) Pennsylvania Feb 20, 2009

Rookie mistake.
    # ordered was actually 125000

Dakotah likes this.
  12. Pahn

Pahn Advocate (695) New York Dec 2, 2009

so what the fuck is it anyway?

13. cubbyswans

cubbyswans Savant (365) Missouri Jun 10, 2008

that's what i was trying to figure out. it would help if they would say what it is. A hop extract? Some flavored sugar water? Snake Oil?

14. Cenosillicaphobe

Cenosillicaphobe Savant (360) Maine Jul 24, 2011

Where? PLEASE link me...I need to rain hellfire.

jRocco2021 likes this.
  15. Jaycase

Jaycase Advocate (740) Illinois Jan 13, 2007

If anyone is on the fence about purchasing, here are their reasons why to purchase. They seem pretty compelling to me ;) A preeminent flavor house in the US, folks!

Why Buy OnTap Beer?
    1. Cost. You can purchase an 18-pack of domestic beer and OnTap Beer for less than $20. This is a 33% savings over buying craft beer. Customers can take OnTap Beer to a pro sports arena or music event and add it to the already overpriced domestic beer available. Each bottle of OnTap Beer is enough for an 18 pack (depending on how much you use of course).
    2. Convenience. Whether it's hosting a house party or managing the space in your refrigerator, OnTap Beer is far more convenient than buying a range of craft beers to meet everyone's tastes. With its spill proof lid, it is great to take to parties as well.
    3. Health. Because OnTap Beer is free of calories, carbs, gluten, and alcohol and it changes the beer's flavor without adding more sugars or calories.
    4. Quality and Taste. OnTap Beer's liquid flavors are made with the high quality ingredients. Instead of adding these ingredients during the brewing process, they get added by the you just before you drink it and gives you the power to add more or less as you wish. The flavors are developed in partnership with one of the preeminent flavor houses in the US.
    5. Control. You want to drink the same beer day in and day out? OnTap Beer is the only beer-related product on the market that gives you the choice, variety, and customization you crave.

16. MaxSpang

MaxSpang Advocate (515) Ohio Jan 28, 2011

"Hey bro, this macro lager sucks. Got any American Ales instead?"

afrokaze likes this.
  17. Not that I plan on buying, but I wish they included a better description of the flavor it imparts. Which just further proves that this product is not aimed at the BA crowd.

To play a bit of devil's advocate, who would be interested in a pure hop extract that you could add to your beer? If it was decent quality and actually added a nice hop flavor, I can't say that I wouldn't give it a try at least once. Though a product like that would probably not be very cheap.

tronester likes this.
  18. This is ridiculous. I can't wait to see people at the local applebee's putting this stuff into their coors light. lol

IDK if this makes me a hypocrite but the other day I "enhanced" an 8 Ball stout with a little bit of good bourbon to see if it would give it a bourbon barrel taste. I can say it was a success.

maDUECEgunner likes this.
  19. I'll spend the $4.99 if someone gives me a can off bud. There's no way I'm buy a full pack.

20. haknort

haknort Savant (265) Illinois Apr 10, 2013

Dunno about that liquid enhancer, but the Dogfish Randall infuser is being used at World of Beer http://wobusa.com/ to add fresh hops to beers on tap. It basically dry hops before the pour, and it works well.

21. Reminds me of back in high school people tried dripping blueberry flavoring on weed and sell it as blueberry kush. Dumb.

22. More flavor is better, right?

Providence and alelover like this.
  23. StoutSeth

StoutSeth Savant (275) Virginia Sep 24, 2010

The real question is can it work like Mio turning water into a passable NA beer?

Spikester likes this.
  24. VTMoondog

VTMoondog Aficionado (170) Vermont Apr 14, 2013

So far, all of them. They are taking a beating on Facebook though. I encourage all BAs to give these assclowns the grief they deserve for faking out the already clueless.

25. 3frog

3frog Aficionado (245) Arizona May 13, 2006

Years ago, in support of family needs, I drank only the NA stuff for awhile. Gotta tell you that hop extract certainly helped the Sharps and O'Drools--didn't quite cover up all the burnt bean flavor, but I could stand it.

Hmm, I see they're also going to have "cider, shandy, stout, and honey beer". Now I'm scared

26. rc51sport

rc51sport Savant (425) Florida Feb 25, 2013

$499 a bottle? Wow must be good!

27. What is American Ale? Didn't Bud name one of their beers that and it was a pale ale?

28. loafinaround

ok, you got me reminiscing of my pregnancy days. I gotta ask. where does one buy hop extract?

29. Geuzedad

Geuzedad Savant (475) Arizona Nov 14, 2010

ROFL Now that is funny! I am still laughing.

30. RaphaelSC

RaphaelSC Aficionado (235) Brazil Apr 2, 2013

The holy graal of beers!

31. I wonder if this will work if I pour it into some club soda.

32. Dope

Dope Advocate (545) Massachusetts Oct 5, 2010

I bought some. Will report back my results, or the details for my impending funeral.

Remember me, friends.

Dope

33. 3frog

3frog Aficionado (245) Arizona May 13, 2006

Used to get it at the homebrew shop, but that was in the late 90s. I just did a google search and found a small variety, though none looked like what I used before.

loafinaround likes this.
  34. loafinaround

everyone should really keep this idea in the back of their minds if they have a health-related dry spell. You're a genius, dude!

35. Wow, the really terrible techno music is just TOO perfect for this bs...as is the lame shirt the model is wearing. Dude. Bro.

afrokaze likes this.
  36. Uh, just buy a good beer in the first place?

RobertColianni and tronester like this.
  37. And to think that we all scoffed at the reinheitsgebot...

tdmccarthy and tronester like this.
  38. Wait... $623,750 for 1250...these are $499 a piece?!?!?

39. SomethingClever

SomethingClever Advocate (535) Ohio Feb 22, 2013

all I can say is if they make a BCBS extract I'd put that shit in everything

40. aty11b

aty11b Savant (250) Texas Mar 25, 2013

i dont want to drink on this planet anymore...

Dakotah and davey101 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.