On Tap Liquid Beer Enhancer

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by Jason, Jun 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LaneMeyer

LaneMeyer Savant (390) California Mar 20, 2011

I'm so tired of brewmasters dictating the lack of propylene glycol and yellow #5 in the beers I drink. I need a DIPA with not only copious amounts of hops but it needs to be aged in chemical vats of red #40. With On Tap Beer Enhancer I can finally bypass this lack of care in the beers I drink. Thanks On Tap!

2. egrace84

egrace84 Champion (845) Illinois Mar 25, 2012

uhhh... wtf? he didnt even drink any of it. Valuable piece of information right here :rolleyes:

Spaghett likes this.
  3. Yeah I found it funny how he just cut it off right at the smell. I guess that's all to be said.

4. Omnium

Omnium Savant (410) Pennsylvania Jan 31, 2013

So for fun I spent $10 and got one of each, not only do they look and smell like soy sauce, they taste like it too! On top of that your whole house smells like you made stir fry three weeks ago.
    Now I did post that comment to their facebook, which subsequently got deleted, so I posted another one today noting that, and asked them to comment on my criticism and how I feel I wasted my $10.

They did the mature business decision and blocked me from their page... (-_- )... Guess I'm going to get paypal involved for funtimes now.

target88 and Jaycase like this.
  5. Alright, I just got back from a week-long vacation in Aruba, and that has convinced me to give this stuff a shot. There was NO good beer anywhere on that island. I stuck mostly to margarita's (that weren't good either, by the way, had to keep asking for an extra shot of tequila to balance the overloaded sweetness), some other sweet concoctions that just weren't doing it for me, wine (I like in small quantities), and straight rum (which I don't last long with). I found Guinness once or twice but, call me crazy, it didn't go down great in 90 degrees with humidity.

By the end of the week, each sip of Balashi was making me give a little *dry-heave burp* because I haven't drank that much shitty adjunct lager with no variety in a long time. Anyway, long story short, I will give this stuff a shot, and if it's ANY improvement whatsoever, I will be taking one with me the next time I go on an island vacation.

Don't get me wrong - I had a great time relaxing, but part of relaxing is hanging out on the beach/at the pool and pounding some beers all afternoon.

$0.02

6. I really don't know who would buy this. Craft peoples will stay away, and bmc lovers don't give a crap.

7. CTBeerPope

CTBeerPope Savant (280) Connecticut Jan 30, 2012

Wow, really? I doubt we will see a batch 2.

8. Hey now, part of the charm of tropical adventures is the local crappy adjunt lager. Like the peeling wallpaper in your 'upscale' hotel room, it's all part of the experience.

carteravebrew likes this.
  9. shand

shand Advocate (645) Florida Jul 13, 2010

The funniest thing about this (at least the Pale Ale version) is that there's already a product that does what it claims to do with aplomb.

http://www.amazon.com/Bittermens-Hopped-Grapefruit-Cocktail-Bitters/dp/B004Y4Z9EA

Bittermen's Hopped Grapefruit Bitters. Now, they're made for cocktails, but a buddy's told me that if you slip some into a shitty flavorless adjunct lager, it'll taste pretty similar to a APA. And it's actually a serious product, not soy sauce masquerading as a beer MiO.

Omnium likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.