1. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!
  2. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.

One Brewery For Life

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by TheChiefBrews, Feb 22, 2013.

1. Different take on the five beers for the rest of your life thread.

If you could only drink beer from one brewery for the rest of your life what brewery would it be. As a rule you will always have access to that brewery's beers, even if the state/country you live in is not in that brewery's distribution.

I was thinking Bell's.

Cheers!

jmccullough108 likes this.
  2. gwdavis

gwdavis Aficionado (190) Georgia Feb 8, 2012

Bell's is a really great one. They just so rarely miss the mark. I'm also really partial to Dogfish. The level of creativity always keeps me coming back for more.

Lantern likes this.
  3. evilc

evilc Initiate (0) California Jan 27, 2012

DFH would be the one brewery I'd like to see leave CA distribution. Throwing everything from grandmas spice rack into the beer just isn't "creativity".

RaulMondesi, kawilliams81 and Mag00n like this.
  4. MarkIntihar

MarkIntihar Initiate (0) Michigan Mar 17, 2010

Jackie O's. Now that Brad has hit a couple homeruns with his latest Mandala IPA series, I can honestly say I would be 100% satisfied drinking only Jackie O's beer the rest of my life.

afrokaze and HopCraverDave like this.
  5. tectactoe

tectactoe Champion (835) Michigan Mar 20, 2012

Founders or Kuhnhenn. Or Bells. Or Cantillon. Or Three Floyds. Or Surly.

Shit, I have no idea.

6. alucard6679

alucard6679 Savant (260) Arizona Jul 29, 2012

Agreed. Bell's ftw!
    Only thing i personally thought was kinda meh was the java stout

7. Founders or Surly. If you put a gun to my head and made me decide between the two, I'd be shot dead.

LuckyJohn, nogophers and KWMiles like this.
  8. Slay40

Slay40 Advocate (545) Michigan Feb 22, 2013

Shorts without a doubt.

fishtremble and Ernest_Hooper like this.
  9. It's probably Avery. Would be Russian River except the imperial stout pangs would be too great. Sours and non-sours are a must so that takes a lot of breweries out of the picture.

DelMontiac and aleslover like this.
  10. Domingo

Domingo Champion (945) Colorado Apr 23, 2005

My first two thoughts seemed a little slanted toward one type of beer I'm sure I'd get sick of.
    Thinking about what I like to drink in most cases, Great Divide would have to be up there. They cover a lot of bases and they do them well.
    Even though I don't but their stuff all that much, Victory would be another. They make a ton of great beers in a multitude of styles.

fuzzylogic likes this.
  11. Founders or Lagunitas.
    Probably Founders simply because of their Stout and Porter options.

12. evilwilly

evilwilly Disciple (65) Virginia Oct 11, 2009

stone is up there, but founders is too good to not pick

13. HopCraverDave

HopCraverDave Aficionado (135) Ohio Feb 20, 2013

Living 10 minutes from Fat Head's in North Olmsted makes this a no brainer for me. Endless supply of fresh Head Hunter plus whatever 13 other seasonals and one offs they have on hand. Plus they usually have something intersting on cask!

primrose54 and MarkIntihar like this.
  14. Three Floyds, no doubt. A number of beers you can drink everyday (ZD, Alpha King), a good rotation of seasonals (Arctic Panzer, Behemoth, Lord Admiral), plus fun new things popping up every few weeks. The best of all worlds!

15. Cigar City, hands down

ediaz, aleslover, adam42381 and 2 others like this.
  16. gouden

gouden Aspirant (25) Sep 7, 2012

Night Shift !!

17. Troegs. Between nugget nectar and mad elf (and the occasional scratch) I would be set. I'm also by partial to them, living 20 minutes from the brewery for a few years.

CurtFromHershey and SammyJaxxxx like this.
  18. HopCraverDave

HopCraverDave Aficionado (135) Ohio Feb 20, 2013

Heard nothing but great things about Jackie Os. Stoked to finally try some of their beer at the Cleveland Winter Warmer fest tomorrow!

19. joeebbs

joeebbs Savant (360) Pennsylvania Apr 29, 2009

Sierra Nevada, right?

20. CTJman

CTJman Champion (795) Connecticut Jan 14, 2013

Staying local w new England brewing co.

Hainzy29, ScottieD and Bradystraps like this.
  21. Pretty easy choice.
    [​IMG]

22. ScottK22

ScottK22 Savant (390) New York Dec 30, 2010

Yes, that is the correct answer.

23. Victory...or Smutty...or Unibroue

seakayak likes this.
  24. Three Floyd's. No Doubt.

Founder's second.

Stone third.

Lantern likes this.
  25. Three Floyds for sure... I have been disappointed very very very little by any of their beers. Actually can't really so I was even disappointed at all considering the only beers I didn't like by them was styles I don't like by anyone anyways. And it's not like I even hated any of them just would never ask for it myself again. So yeah 3F.

26. drrone

drrone Savant (490) Utah Dec 18, 2011

Founders or Bell's, although Stone and Firestone Walker would have to be considered. I have never tried anything from 3 Floyds sadly enough, so I can't comment.

27. I can't believe it took almost 40 minutes of time in this thread for someone to post the correct answer; Hill Farmstead, for their high quality breadth and depth.

phishfoolme and patm1986 like this.
  28. Brodie91

Brodie91 Initiate (0) New York Jul 13, 2012

Paulaner. They may not make anything crazy, but they're damn reliable and I love 'em.

29. pschul4

pschul4 Advocate (625) Illinois Jan 7, 2011

Firestone Walker, easy game

30. beercanman

beercanman Savant (485) Ohio Dec 17, 2012

Exactly my thoughts as well

31. harperman69

harperman69 Savant (355) Tennessee Feb 11, 2009

This is a ticker's nightmare.

jglowe77 and Lantern like this.
  32. I'm gonna have to go with Founders slightly over Three Floyds and Bell's. It's pretty damn close.

33. Hill Farmstead...Lawon's...Cantillon...Portsmouth Brewery...or Lagunitas!

34. Skrip

Skrip Savant (380) South Carolina Oct 7, 2012

yup HF!

35. shredder83

shredder83 Savant (430) Illinois Feb 21, 2013

3 floyds. I live close and the only beers I haven't enjoyed that they made were styles that I don't like anyway.

36. shand

shand Advocate (645) Florida Jul 13, 2010

The sheer number of different beers/treatments Cigar City does has to put them over the edge.

bryanole27 likes this.
  37. DHS1029

DHS1029 Savant (330) Illinois Feb 14, 2013

For me it would have to be Three Floyds

38. I didn't have an answer until I read this. Short's is that unique brewery that experiments constantly but still manages to knock out their 'traditional' offerings. I had a remarkable ESB from Short's last year. I never thought I would describe an ESB as remarkable. Plus, they seem to bottle and distribute a greater variety than most breweries.

HopHeadHerman likes this.