1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

One Brewery For Life

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by TheChiefBrews, Feb 22, 2013.

1. Sierra Nevada easily. Plenty of IPA's to choose from, solid Porters/Stouts, great thrist quenchers (Summerfest, Kellerweis) they just have all the bases covered.

Deschutes and Founders would be runner ups.
    LuckyJohn likes this.
  2. Sierra Nevada for old school awesomeness, Cigar City for experimental, but consistantly great new-school-all-over-the-placesness. I am from MI and feel a little bad for not choosing something from my home stomping grounds like Bell's or Founders, but Florida and Cali got it goin' on.
  3. Alpine or Boulevard for me
  4. loafinaround

loafinaround Savant (370) New York Jul 16, 2011

can't play that game. I'd say goose island, because I love their stouts and BC stuff but it's super heavy and I'd tire of it if that were all I could drink. Don't care as much for their ales. Lagunitas has sucks. me likey, but I don't like their dark beers. and I also need my alesmith. I need a variety!
  5. ditto
  6. Definitely, Sierra Nevada
  7. primrose54

primrose54 Savant (310) Ohio Apr 7, 2009

Fatheads no question. No matter what season it is they will always have a beer on tap that you would like. They are just starting to bottle their Oompa Loompa chocolate cream stout this is just one example of the awesomeness that Matt Cole and his crew puts out at their brewery. Plus they make headunter IPA, which I could not live without.
  8. EnronCFO

EnronCFO Savant (480) Massachusetts Mar 29, 2007

New Glarus. Moon Man every day, Unplugged series on weekends. Still the best brewery in the country when it comes to variety and consistency.
    Woodman70 and kojevergas like this.
  9. Kern river or lagunitas
  10. PHBoiler

PHBoiler Advocate (530) Illinois Jan 14, 2013

I might be getting ahead of myself, but I'd go Pipeworks. They have the full range of beers. I've never been disappointed whether it be a super hoppy Citra DIPA, Belgian, Berliner Weisse, Stout, you name it. Too many breweries specialize these days, which is great for us. I would have said 3 Floyd's 6 months ago, and I still lovely everything I have from them but they can't help themselves when it comes to hops.
  11. Hmmmm, Founders, Bells; Bells, Founders...I'm thinking.
    leantom and kojevergas like this.
  12. This,

except I replace stone with Jack Abbys and/or Russian River, good taste.
  13. Sixam2

Sixam2 Aficionado (110) Washington Feb 19, 2013

Dogfish Head
    Freemont Brewing
    Old Schoolhouse
  14. Got to go with the one that brought me ...
    Sierra Nevada
    surfcaster likes this.
  15. darky

darky Savant (260) South Dakota Apr 16, 2010

Schell's or Boulevard
  16. Shagator

Shagator Savant (410) Kentucky Mar 17, 2012

Three Floyds
    Stone or Great Lakes or Founders or Bells or Schlafly or Southern Tier would be a close second
  17. gtermi

gtermi Champion (750) Texas Apr 21, 2010

That's a hard one...

Probably Russian River or Founders.
  18. I think I'd go DFH. Not because every beer they make is great (cause that's certainly not the case), but I don't think I would ever get bored.
    MidwestBA likes this.

19. can here to say Deschutes. Never had a beer from them I didnt like. Their year-round stuff is great and the special releases are fantastic.

for me next would be maybe Lost Abbey (I know many others wouldn't agree with this) or Ommegang.
    LuckyJohn likes this.
  20. hornsup

hornsup Savant (310) Virginia Nov 29, 2012

Cigar City. :yaoface:
  21. Willbfun

Willbfun Aficionado (150) New York Sep 28, 2012

I'd probably keep it simple with Samuel Smiths. I've haven't had em all, yet would love to try their barrel aged Yorkshire Stiingo. Though I would miss the Belgian Style Quads. [​IMG]
    ndrD0g likes this.
  22. beerme411

beerme411 Savant (350) California Sep 28, 2010

Wow no one has mentioned my pick ABInbev, considering the other thread they will soon own every brewery on earth might as well jump on board the monopoly train. All Aboard!
    itsiilegal likes this.
  23. DAMMIT!!!
    beerme411 likes this.
  24. lic217

lic217 Savant (430) Connecticut Aug 10, 2010

Now that I think about it. I would put Goose Island ahead of stone.
    JuniperJesus likes this.
  25. Unibroue
    seakayak likes this.
  26. craigo19

craigo19 Savant (260) Michigan Oct 12, 2009

Tough decision here, but I am going with Dark Horse. Very close honorable mentions include: Bell's, Founders, Great Lakes, Sierra Nevada and Sam Adams.
  27. Blueribbon666

Blueribbon666 Advocate (500) Ohio Jul 4, 2008

Damn I hate this it's like Sophie's Choice so many great breweries. I'll say Great Lakes Brewing based on solid line up solid seasonals & great pub stuff, not to mention being my introduction to craft beer. Founder's is 2nd pushing Bell's to 3rd...
  28. Victory is a no brainer, variety and quality
    AyeMito and WickedSluggy like this.
  29. Assuming every beer in the brewery's arsenal is available to you at all times, yet price is still a factor.

I'd choose FW. I'd have access to some of the top stouts/oatmeal stouts in the world, great IPA's, Barleywines, a real nice selection of sours from the barrel works, and all around solid light beers as well. Founders would be a close second.
    StoneTSR and kerry4porters like this.
  30. sefus12

sefus12 Savant (275) Kentucky Sep 7, 2006

Sierra Nevada and I'd never think twice about it.
  31. utopiajane

utopiajane Champion (860) New York Jun 11, 2013

From my regionals Southern Tier.
    CHADMC3 and antott0523 like this.
  32. Hill farmstead would be an easy choice for me. Solid IPA's, amazing stouts and saisons what else could I want?
    Scipio3 likes this.
  33. Longhorn08

Longhorn08 Aficionado (190) Texas Feb 4, 2014

mmmmmmm, Stone
    jrnyc and BourbonJersey like this.
  34. SteveB24

SteveB24 Savant (430) New York Aug 29, 2013

i would have to agree, they aren't my absolute favorite brewery but they have an excellent beer that is widely available in most major styles, and they are very affordable. if i had to drink only founders i would drink a beer a week.
  35. Hill Farmstead as well. A top-tier and well-rounded brewery.

Toppling Goliath falls second only because they don't have any sours, and de Garde and JK don't make stouts or pale ales.
  36. rollom

rollom Advocate (560) New York Jan 22, 2011

What is my favourite brewery? Hill Farmstead
  37. Sierra Nevada. The variety and quality would keep me pleased for all the rest of my years.
    surfcaster and IamOnMyWay like this.
  38. Stone probably. Solid beers all across.

I'd miss Lagunitas Sucks, BCBS, and Sucaba very, very much though... :(
    creepinjeeper likes this.
  39. sammyg832

sammyg832 Savant (380) Arizona Oct 17, 2013

Mine would be New Glarus. Firestone Walker a close second.

I could live on their fruits beers. So excited how their sours are going to be
    Hendrick24 likes this.