1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

One brewery to rule them all.

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by goodbeerallday, Dec 28, 2012.

1. I really tried to find something other than SN, but... Celebration, Narwhal, Ruthless Rye, Bigfoot, Hoptimum, Nothern Hemisphere, Southern Hemisphere, Estate, and Beer Camp offerings make it tough to go another direction.

If they came out with any sours it would be game over.

Bitter_Echo likes this.
  2. teamwiggum

teamwiggum Advocate (565) Wisconsin Nov 30, 2008

Being zeroed in on hoppy beers right now, along with factoring in availability, I'm wavering between 3F, Founders, and Central Waters.

3. Casedogg43

Casedogg43 Savant (490) Indiana Jan 4, 2012

FFF all day all night.

close 2nd to Founders
    3rd FFF
    4th Founders
    5th FFF

You get the picture!

Cheers

Pecan likes this.
  4. Port/Lost Abbey

5. Smuttynose for sure. It is so underated in my opinion and the price point of their stuff is great. Honorable mention goes to 3 Floyds.

StylzMC likes this.
  6. New Glarus

nickapalooza86 likes this.
  7. shawnohall

shawnohall Savant (330) Texas Nov 8, 2009

Although they're not that well known outside of Texas, I haven't had a bad brew from SA. Their Elissa IPA is one of the most underrated out there...very nice.

8. Pecan

Pecan Savant (435) California Dec 20, 2012

Another 3F fanboy reporting in. When I was a know-nothing college kid, the local bar had $3 schooner (read: fishbowl) fill night of anything on tap. Robert the Bruce was the highest alcohol content on the bar one night, so I went for it. And who would have thought it tasted amazing too! I have never had anything from 3F that I didn't think was top-notch for the style.

9. AxesandAnchors

AxesandAnchors Savant (300) Oregon Nov 21, 2012

The Bruery for me, although I would miss a lot of them. Mostly Russian River, AleSmith, and Uinta.

10. Oof, ok.

It's sort of a toss-up between The Bruery and Three Floyds. Three Floyds for Behemoth and Zombie Dust (plus all the other delicious beers I have yet to try) and The Bruery for everything they do (except White Oak). I would greatly miss CCB and Mikkeller.

11. If only Bruery made IPA's..

Thickfreakness, Brew33 and 2beerdogs like this.
  12. Deadm8

Deadm8 Zealot (90) Illinois Sep 28, 2010

One brewery to rule them all, one brewery to find them, one brewery to bring them all, and in the darkness bind them

Nicolay3535 likes this.
  13. I'll probably have to go with Sierra Nevada as well. Though locally I have Marble Brewing, who pretty much make every style and do a damn good job of it too, be it Hoppy brews, Barrel aged brews, lagers, sours, ect. But most of their stuff is brewery only, so SN wins by default just due to availablity.

14. Ballast Point. They brew my favorite IPA and porter.

15. rolandboy

rolandboy Savant (250) Michigan Oct 11, 2012

founders without question. the beer is great and the added bonus of having the grand rapids bus station central hub across the street so i can enjoy their beers without having to drive home is perfect. more breweries should set up close to public transit.

16. I drink more Cambridge Brewing Company beers than anything else as they brew awesome beer in many styles. Their barrel stuff is spectacular.

17. Lutter

Lutter Advocate (650) Texas Jun 30, 2010

Anheuser Busch/InBev.

Oh wait, we were doing fantasy, not reality?

18. 2beerdogs

2beerdogs Champion (800) California Jan 31, 2005

Wow, Bitch of a Sophie's Choice... I like FW for the quality and variety-Double Jack, Sucaba, Parabola, Velvet merlin, etc... Love the Bruery for Black Tuesday & a few other offerings. Sierra Nevada is top notch. Ah Shit...
    Wow, this is hard.

19. BeerWizard

BeerWizard Savant (325) Colorado Dec 22, 2012

...and in the darkness bind them. OK, so one brewery, forged in secret, that would betray all of the other breweries, bending them all to its own dark will and creating a world ruled by evil beer. I've got my eye on Stone...

20. As of now, I'm going Three Floyds. Founders are a close second, and Sierra Nevada easily pull third. I believe that Cigar City would be my shit if I had had the pleasure of any of their beers...

21. For hopheads its got to be the alchemist. Heady Topper seriously ruined me... in a good way. :D

stayclean likes this.
  22. Funky budda comes to mind

23. peteinSD

peteinSD Savant (255) California Apr 25, 2010

any mention of alesmith yet? if not, there should be.

24. Scalzo

Scalzo Savant (385) Illinois Feb 27, 2012

Off Color! In Laffler we trust!

25. arfenhouse

arfenhouse Savant (285) California Oct 29, 2012

Stone, local and never disappoints.

26. so many good breweries out there! majority mentioned makes me almost reconsider but cannot go past original choice of Sierra Nevada! Bigfoot, Ruthless, Celebration, Torpedo, Keller, Pale, Tumbler, Stout, Porter, Ovila Range, BRUX is also pretty good, another ageing now!

27. HomeBrewed

HomeBrewed Savant (400) Minnesota Dec 10, 2006

New Glarus...every beer they brew is damn good.

WassailWilly and nickapalooza86 like this.
  28. JBogan

JBogan Savant (445) Nevada Jul 15, 2007

Russian River. Vinnie's mastery of not just one or two, but numerous different styles of beer never ceases to amaze me. Every beer I've ever tried from RR has been at the very least good, and most of them have been exceptional.

St Bernardus would be my European pick. Like RR, they don't make a bad beer, while some of them are great. Their Tripel, Wit and Abt 12 are among my favorites by anyone in those styles. Only the fact that they don't make any sours keeps me from ranking them right up there with Russian River.

iKasey likes this.
  29. Rfunk

Rfunk Aficionado (125) California Nov 28, 2012

Hmmm. There are just so many good breweries! For me it's a toss up between The Bruery, Deschutes, and Russian River. I love me some good barrel aged and sour beers...

30. Schwantz

Schwantz Savant (390) Florida Dec 16, 2012

Cigar Island....I mean Goose City

BlastBeats and bryanole27 like this.
  31. bellce0

bellce0 Aficionado (220) Georgia Feb 20, 2010

My #1 is Terrapin Beer Co.
    Other can't-miss choices for me would be Brooklyn, Dogfishhead, North Coast, and Wild Heaven.

32. Cigar City for me! With some of the best IPAs (Jai Alai, White Oak Jai Alai, Peach IPA) and some of the best stouts (Hunahpu and family), it's hard to go against them. If only they would get a sour program back...that would be the only thing I'd miss.

Schwantz likes this.
  33. The only correct answer is Russian River

Dagsy likes this.
  34. Fuck your stupid world where I can only drink from one brewery that is just plain silly. I have married a woman but I shall make no such commitments to a brewery, although if I lived a little closer to Greensboro, VT I would probably drink hill farmstead beers almost exclusively

Schwantz likes this.
  35. Cold winters aside, its also probably a good place to go to if certain events happened that would cause you to only be able to drink from one brewery...(zombies)

36. Cantillon - Even there not so good brews are kick ass

37. Jolly Pumpkin

38. Hanzo

Hanzo Champion (955) Virginia Feb 27, 2012

Unless the breweries are shipping the beer directly to me for free I will pick a brewery with a huge line up of all solid to great everyday beers, superb seasonals, excellent availability and very reasonable pricing.

Sierra Nevada.

Bitter_Echo, beercanman and Schwantz like this.
  39. People who aren't saying Hill Farmstead here either a) haven't had enough beers from them or b) are wrong.

They have a 4.3+ rated IPA, DIPA, APA, RIS, Saison, American Black Ale, Porter, Biere de Garde, and American Wild Ale. Where else are you going to get such a wide variety of world class beers?

40. Founders for me.