1. Extreme Beer Fest. March 20 & 21, 2015 in Boston, Mass. Join us!
  2. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  3. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

One brewery to rule them all.

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by goodbeerallday, Dec 28, 2012.

1. I believe BRUX was a sour !

goodbeerallday likes this.
  2. Being a fan of the maltier and roastier side, Founders would do me just fine. Scotch Ale - Check, Porter - Check, Barrel Aged - Check, Stouts of all kinds - Check, tasty enough IPAs for when I'm in the mood for hops - Check. I haven't been able to get into sours, so I could deal without 'em.

Local - Olde Hickory, for many of the same reasons above, without quite the same breadth of styles.

3. tdmccarthy

tdmccarthy Savant (410) Illinois May 6, 2010

I'll join the Three Floyds crowd here. I've tried about a dozen of their beers and they've ranged from good to absolutely incredible and have included everything from DIPAs to pale ales to porters to rye beers to Belgian and marzen styles. If Founders made lagers I might go with them, but they don't so I'll give FFF the nod.

4. PalatePilot

PalatePilot Savant (450) Colorado Dec 24, 2010

Odell Brewing Co!!

denver10 likes this.
  5. Obvious answer for me is Victory.

Victory Lager, Prima Pils, HopDevil, Hop Wallop, Storm King, Golden Monkey, Festbier, Sunrise Weisse, Moonglow Weizenbock, Uncle Teddy's Bitter, St. Victorious, V-12, Baltic Thunder, Whirlwind Wit, Headwaters, St. Boisterous, Dark Intrigue, Otto, Ranch DIPA, Otto in Oak, Red Thunder, Old Horizontal, Oak Horizontal, not to mention the enormous amount of experimentation they do with Pilsners and unique IPAs...yeah, I think I could live on these.

RutgersBeerGuy and hopmopped like this.
  6. Hill Farmstead.
    Don't even have to think twice about that.

7. hoptualBrew

hoptualBrew Savant (485) Florida May 29, 2011

Sierra Nevada.

8. That is tough and if I had access to a lot of the beers back East and in the Midwest I would probably go with one of those since I am not an avowed hophead though I do drink hoppy beers and enjoy some of the better ones. Based on what's available and affordable I would have to go with Sierra Nevada even though I'm not sure if they have a sessionable lager in their lineup.

9. Victory or Jolly Pumpkin

10. adkieffer

adkieffer Savant (320) Washington Nov 23, 2010

BRUX is a Brett beer but not 'sour'.

I would have to go with Firestone Walker especially now with the sours I recently tried from them.

One that is quickly winning me over is Crooked Stave. Their quality and unique beers have nowhere to go but up

11. Sierra Nevada.

12. jRocco2021

jRocco2021 Savant (395) Wisconsin Mar 13, 2010

New Glarus. They mostly make session brews which is nice and they have enough variety's that rotate you don't get bored easily. Sometimes they do repeats one to many times but that's not as much their fault as it is the jag offs that waste a thumbprint/seasonal beer slot by voting for the same beers all the time.

13. Siggy125

Siggy125 Savant (470) California Nov 10, 2006

I 2nd that. A nice wide range of styles and very solid on creativity and quality. Just wish we got WC distribution.

14. Can't forget the amazing one-offs!!

15. Living in PA, I haven't yet come across any of the Russian River products. The one CA brewery which does have a presence out here though is Green Flash. If forced to, I could easily go for a long time alternating between the West Coast IPA and the Double Stout, with diversions into Palate Wrecker and some of the others every once in a while.

16. hopmopped

hopmopped Zealot (90) New Hampshire Aug 24, 2010

Southern Tier makes excellent beer. Still a huge fan of Unearthly IIPA.

17. Deschutes for me. Their year-round six pack beers are all great (and run across a variety of styles), their seasonal releases are excellent, and then they kill it with their reserve series barrel-aged beers. Plus both brewpubs have plenty of cool draft-only exclusives.

Firestone Walker, Bell's, Sierra Nevada, and Founders would be runners-up.

mcrago and denver10 like this.
  18. modern

modern Aficionado (210) Ohio May 31, 2012

I have to say Hill Farmstead, unless in this nightmare world you have imagined the brewery has to stay where it is and maintain its current distribution. Then I am going Jackie O's.

19. Firestone walker. Parabola for the rest of my life would not be a bad thing.

mcrago, tabascosigned and denver10 like this.
  20. phisigben

phisigben Savant (355) Kentucky Jan 8, 2009

I would have to go with FFF all day everyday. Too many great beers that I absolutely love in no particular order Zombie Dust, Alpha King, Gumball Head, Darklord, BA Darklord, Behemoth, BA Behemouth, Dreadnaught, Apocalypse Cow, Moloko etc etc

mcrago likes this.
  21. Yeah I left accessibility out of the equation, which is why I also chose HF. But if that's supposed to be part of our consideration, HF is the last brewery I'd pick and would instead go with something like Stone.

22. Cantillon. I can't get enough sour, and their beers are top notch. I would miss the occasional stout and brown, but for me, Loons take the cake.

23. skcusab

skcusab Disciple (50) Dec 28, 2012

The closest craft brewery to my residence, therefore supporting my local brewer and the local economy.

24. sil1

sil1 Aficionado (245) California May 19, 2012

Firestone

TWStandley likes this.
  25. 395er

395er Aficionado (180) California Apr 29, 2011

Since Ovila ales are brewed by Sierra Nevada, it's gotta be Sierra.

WassailWilly likes this.
  26. You, too? My favorite brewery.

fujindemon74 likes this.
  27. Tröegs. Awesome seasonals with Nugget Nectar, Flying Mouflan, Sunshine Pils, Dead Reckoning Porter and Mad Elf. Excellent year round DIPA with Perpetual IPA. Solid year rounders with Hopback, Pale Ale, Dreamweaver, and Troegenator. Also, the Scratch beer series means something interesting is always getting turned out.

WassailWilly likes this.
  28. RandyKemka

RandyKemka Savant (290) New York Dec 13, 2011

There are many GREAT brewerys, but if I had to pick one and could only drink their beers for the rest of my life the decesion would be easy...
    FOUNDERS

29. Call me a homer or hype artist i don't care Hill Farmstead brews nothing but greatness its not really fair as far as I'm concerned they are just better.

But in terms of realistically I would definitely go with founders Stouts and IPAs for days that is about all I would need

30. FosterJM

FosterJM Champion (825) California Nov 16, 2009

Gotta be the homer.

The Bruery.

Just waiting for a base stout and we are good to go!!!

Cheers!

31. PapaDerock

PapaDerock Initiate (20) Dec 28, 2012

Unibroue, without a doubt. Especially their world renowned La Fin du Monde Triple-style Golden Ale. Changed my entire view of beer. Would happily drink their brews for the rest of my life.

mcrago likes this.
  32. Cibola

Cibola Aspirant (35) Washington Nov 30, 2012

New Glarus, Firestone Walker, or Cascade. I would be happy with any of these.

33. Yup

RobertColianni likes this.
  34. mmcnaughton

mmcnaughton Savant (285) Michigan Apr 1, 2008

This is a tough call, but I would go with FFF slightly ahead of Founders.

35. mcrago

mcrago Savant (355) Indiana Oct 6, 2012

My avatar says it all...

36. beergoot

beergoot Advocate (580) Colorado Oct 11, 2010

I'd stick with my home brewery.

Knowing how to brew and having success (more so than failure) in doing so just gives me a bigger appreciation for any other person or business who makes good, quality beers. Plus, if my home brews were all I could drink for the rest of my life, I'd consider myself pretty well set (and, perhaps, self-sufficient). I'd just have to figure out where I'm getting my cigars...

But if I couldn't count my own brewing domain, I'd go local and opt for Phantom Canyon in Colorado Springs. Not as adventurous as another local brewery (Trinity), but they brew up some tasting ales that just fit my drinking preferences (more along 'classic' beer styles like porters and IPAs).

37. Ravenacht

Ravenacht Advocate (510) Florida Aug 10, 2012

Pass the smores dude.... ditto on CCB

dachshunddude86 likes this.
  38. Chugs13

Chugs13 Savant (430) New Jersey Dec 11, 2011

Cant believe it took 67 posts for someone to say Firestone...

Firestone Walker all day.

WassailWilly and ChanChan like this.
  39. It would defiantly be FFF for me.

40. Oooo, they should do a s'mores stout