1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

One brewery to rule them all.

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by goodbeerallday, Dec 28, 2012.

1. gtermi

gtermi Champion (750) Texas Apr 21, 2010

It's for sure Founders with Deschutes a close second.
  2. I thought this thread was done when I said "Hill Farmstead."
    rlee1390 likes this.
  3. wobblepop

wobblepop Aficionado (120) Colorado Nov 16, 2008

Avery has it all
    Super high-level sours and barrel ales
    Plus world class IPAs, sasions Belgians etc
    Pilsner and just about the coolest people in the West
    StubFaceJoe likes this.
  4. Bakker

Bakker Savant (285) Illinois Aug 1, 2010

sticking to what I have in my back yard= FFF.
  5. Bitter_Echo

Bitter_Echo Savant (400) Michigan Apr 13, 2012

Lagunitas, Bell's, or SN. And miss all the rest, if that were true!
  6. Geez... Founders probably. Perhaps Firestone Walker. I'd love to say Goose Island, but they don't have a yearly Barleywine or IIPA. Everything else they do is very solid and creative!
  7. Founders, Jack's Abby, Firestone Walker

Honorable Mention:
    Stone, Troegs, Victory
  8. Psyko

Psyko Aficionado (150) California Jan 6, 2011

The Bruery.
  9. MaxOhle

MaxOhle Savant (345) Illinois Nov 10, 2012

I SECOND THIS STATEMENT
    siege06nd likes this.
  10. rlee1390

rlee1390 Savant (470) Indiana Mar 6, 2010

If price is not a factor, there is no doubt HF is the winner.
  11. I'm totally fine with DC Brau. Great line-up, beer, etc. FFF makes some of the best beer on the planet, but I've had it with their attitude.

A couple others I wouldn't throw a shit-fit about if the world were to end and left one of these:
    Schlafly's - Great lineup, great company. Class act!
    Great Lakes - Another great lineup. Their assortment pack is my go-to!
  12. Can't argue with Sierra Nevada, as it's always been one of my favorites, especially when you combine quality, consistency, and value. However, there are many, many others, including Firestone Walker, Victory, Stone, Odell, and Troegs.
  13. You can never answer this question. The answer constantly changes, and is also subject to region, and definition of the word RULE. Some would say AB/InBev, because they control the marketshare. Some would say Sierra Nevada, stone, new belgium, or anchor because they are the most well known craft breweries. Some would say sintsixtus, russian river or, hill farmstead because they are the most revered. I would probably say from MY experience deschutes, or ballast point. They have the lowest tried/dissapointed ratio of any breweries from which ive tried more than five of their beers. Of course this is highly subjective, as many breweries aroun the country I've only had one or two beers from, and some none at all
  14. cyrushire

cyrushire Advocate (575) Florida May 25, 2012

Cigar City
  15. Blanco

Blanco Savant (490) Pennsylvania Oct 11, 2008

Of course you can answer the question: if you had to drink one brewery for the rest of your life, which would it be?

It's not the same as asking "what is the best brewery" which is actually debatable.
  16. Tröegs. Love their beers, and their Scratch beer series is enough to keep me from getting bored.
  17. Founders, Troegs or Victory. I haven't been let down yet.
  18. As much as I love Jack's Abby, I'd like something with a little more variety. I need a brewery that can spruce it up with a delicious stout from time to time (Yes, yes their Smoke & Dagger's exceptional but it is not heavy enough to satisfy the craving for a stout).

I would probably choose Founders or Weihenstephan. A Korbinian would be enough to satisfy my malty cravings from time to time. After that, Vitus and Oktoberfests all day, every day baby!
  19. That being said, I'd also vote for Ayinger, but that's because I could live solely off the weizenbock for all eternity.
  20. yamar68

yamar68 Initiate (0) Minnesota Apr 1, 2011

Not Weyerbacher.

Not New Holland.
  21. Your Cheese head is showing... Love Moon Man BTW. Worth a trip to the Woodman's in Kenosha
    mrelizabeth likes this.
  22. johnyb

johnyb Advocate (530) Florida Aug 11, 2012

23. My gut says New Glarus (figuratively and literally)
    ...but, as far as highest rated across the board for me...3F.

Why must I choose?!
  24. This is kind of tough, as I love a ton of different stuff from a ton of different breweries. For an all around, I enjoy almost every product, and they have a wide range, I'd have to go with Flying Dog. They rarely, if ever, do wrong by me.
  25. timc13

timc13 Aficionado (210) Virginia Jan 7, 2011

cantillon
  26. reading peoples posts its a much harder decision to make than i originally thought. i remember the first time i had cigar city - jai alai... russian river - pliny the elder... north coast - old rasputin... all of which are readily available but just fantastic beers.
  27. mactrail

mactrail Champion (765) Washington Mar 24, 2009

Stillwater is the brewery that has never done wrong by me. Of course it helps if you love Saisons.
    Blanco likes this.