1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

One Pint Pub

Discussion in 'Scandinavia' started by Tnudish, Mar 20, 2012.

1. Tnudish

Tnudish Initiate (0) Wisconsin Feb 16, 2012

Does anyone know which limited run Cantillon bottles they still have available? Specifically, are Groseille and Tyrnilambic Baie D'Argousier still around?

2. alfrantzell

alfrantzell Savant (365) California Jul 11, 2005

Finland isn't in Scandinavia. Try the Europe forum.

MasterSki likes this.
  3. MasterSki

MasterSki Site Editor (980) Ontario (Canada) Dec 25, 2006 Staff Member

Based on linguistic heritage Finland and Turkey should share a forum.

Kristopher likes this.
  4. alfrantzell

alfrantzell Savant (365) California Jul 11, 2005

Do you mean Hungary?

5. MasterSki

MasterSki Site Editor (980) Ontario (Canada) Dec 25, 2006 Staff Member

Turkish is to Finno-Ugric languages as Romanian is to Romance languages - the bastard cousin.

6. andrewzk

andrewzk Aspirant (45) Denmark Oct 10, 2010

I had Baie d’Argousier last summer (375ml bottle for 12 euro). I got the impression that there weren't very many bottles remaining. Groseille is long gone. The pub came under new ownership last year, and now they focus almost entirely on German beers with a few (usually awful) Finnish microbrews and a handful of Belgians. Due to the new ownership, I don't anticipate that any of the One Pint Pub Cantillons will be brewed again. However, it's still worth a visit. It's the only place I know of that consistently has fresh Sahti, which they serve straight from a barrel in the fridge.

You may have better luck getting one of the Pikkulintu Cantillons (Viskilambic and Olutravintola Pikkulintu). Definitely make sure you stop at Pikkulintu if you're visiting Helsinki - it's easily the best craft beer bar in the city.

7. mjsaarin

mjsaarin Zealot (95) Finland Mar 21, 2009

You may be able to find the Tyrnilambic (Baie d’Argousier). I remember seeing a few bottles in the fridge quite recently. On the other hand, if you're interested in trying Spanish (micro)brews there should be still plenty of those available.

// Matti

8. skimoore

skimoore Aficionado (200) France Nov 2, 2007

Back in August I had the Tyrnilambic and they told me it was the last one...maybe it was to make me feel special but don't get your hopes up! There weren't any other Cantillons left that I saw either...

Maybe this should just be the Nordic forum?

9. mooseisloose

mooseisloose Savant (395) Florida Nov 16, 2005

All these years and I stand confused.

10. mooseisloose

mooseisloose Savant (395) Florida Nov 16, 2005

Ai miina tieta mitta siina saano