1. BeerAdvocate on your phone?! True story. Try the beta now.

Online Beer Shops in Europe

Discussion in 'Europe' started by Augustiner719, Jun 20, 2012.

1. Augustiner719

Augustiner719 Member

Hello all,

Just moved to Switzerland (Geneva area) and I am looking for some online beer shops that I could order from and have delivered to Switzerland. I am looking for ones that specialize in American brews if there are any and belgians. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers!
  2. Pundarquartis

Pundarquartis Member

Etregourmet, Bierkompass, Belgiuminabox... all are great shops. Skip the american IPAs in general though... the stuff that makes its way to Europe is far from fresh in most cases.
    Augustiner719 likes this.
  3. Nightfall

Nightfall Member

4. You could consider Brewdog's online shop - they sometimes have interesting US brews. Best to follow them on Facebook or something in order to keep an eye on what they're offering - they usually post if they add a bunch of new beers. Also, shipping to the continent is quite steep.
  5. BelgianBeerPope

BelgianBeerPope Member

6. endovelico

endovelico Member

7. boddhitree

boddhitree Member

IF you're into German beers, here are a few recommendations.

First, Biershop Bayern, which specializes in lots of (more than 700, I think) different beers and brewers from one of the best places for beer, Bavaria. The site is only in German, and I'm not sure about shipping to non-EU countries like Switzerland. If you speak German or can find a German speaker, it's a good site.

2nd, another great place for small brewers in Germany is Bierzwerg, which focuses on finding small, independent (that means non-conglomerates like Radeburger Gruppe, Becks, Imbev, etc.) in Germany and promoting them. They also have a few American, Belgium and British choices. Again, the site's only in German.

I 2nd the recommendation of Bierkompass as a place to get great Belgian and other interesting specialties.

Also, I've never used this site, but it's looks promising for all things Belgian: BEEReSHOP, which not only is in English, but ships out of Belgium.

To the OP, I know this sounds too obvious, but if you're into Belgian beers, you really ought to go straight to the source and visit. Cheers.