1. Extreme Beer Fest. March 20 & 21, 2015 in Boston, Mass. Join us!
  2. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  3. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Online craft beer buying?

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by psnydez86, Apr 23, 2012.

1. iSTi

iSTi Aficionado (130) California Sep 10, 2012

I probably will order online if it comes out cheaper than the local stores near me.

2. Seriously? :/ Good thing I just placed a $95 dollar order there YESTERDAY after shipping. So I could have gotten $20+ of beer for free if I waited till today? Damnnnn....

3. smakawhat

smakawhat Poobah (1,170) Maryland Mar 18, 2008

I have ordered from:

letspour.com
    westlake view liquor

working on an etre gourmet purchase..

so far so good!

4. endovelico

endovelico Savant (345) Portugal Jul 25, 2008

5. DougOLis

DougOLis Savant (275) California Aug 15, 2008

ditto

6. mattizmyname

mattizmyname Aficionado (150) Aug 2, 2012

http://www.20westwine.com/

has pretty much all of the 3F lineup except gumball and zombie dust

Bitterbill and brewbetter like this.
  7. brewbetter

brewbetter Savant (400) Nauru Jun 2, 2012

w0000t thanks

8. I am confused. How can a place like France44 ship to NJ but 20West wont?

9. Pinche_Oso

Pinche_Oso Savant (460) California Jun 25, 2012

Call and see if your orders processed or shipped. If not add more and get the free shipping.

10. Gehrig13

Gehrig13 Initiate (0) New Jersey Jun 21, 2012

Holidaywinecellar.com has free shipping on orders of $50 or more, use code octfs2012

11. HopFace

HopFace Savant (385) Pennsylvania Feb 29, 2012

Email them. They will take it off your bill. They did mine. They have pretty awesome customer service.

12. Thanks I just did. That would be awesome if it worked out because that's a lot of extra beer I could be getting!

13. ThickNStout

ThickNStout Savant (495) Georgia Mar 8, 2011

Hellz yes!! Not only do they ship free on orders over $100, but they have BCBS, Worldwide Stout and Speedway Stout. All stuff I'd been hunting online. Finding this site is gonna get expensive...

14. Pinche_Oso

They have FBS back instock as well. Just a FYI because I cant get it here in Cali.

15. nc41

nc41 Advocate (745) North Carolina Sep 25, 2008

I have a feeling we'll be flooded with BCBS with inbev in control.

16. fredmugs

fredmugs Champion (870) Indiana Aug 11, 2012

Thanks to whoever provided this info. I just made a purchase but I wanted to let everyone know that they have a 24 bottle limit so you can't buy a bunch of $2 beers.

17. Pinche_Oso

Yeah they limit it to a full case of 24 beers. Thats still a crap load of beers to ship for free.

18. nc41

nc41 Advocate (745) North Carolina Sep 25, 2008

I'm guessing free is never free, the price is in the individual mark up on the bottle, no one loses money in a transaction and stays in business for long.

19. Pinche_Oso

Inflated for sure, but I don't think everything is unreasonable. If Black Tuesday wasn't 11 days away I would for sure be ordering a full case.

20. I guess they already packed up my box so no free shipping for me :/

21. Bitterbill

Bitterbill Poobah (1,145) Wyoming Sep 14, 2002

Thanks for that!

22. Thanks for the Half-time heads up...picked up some BCBS and Pepe Nero(didn't even know they made this in 4pks?) along with some other goodies.

23. where is the halftime deal at? Checkout?

24. just enter "freeship" as the promo code.

25. Just put in an order, but more than 24 bottles. We'll see what happens. Hard to buy a 12pk and still hit the $100 mark. If it goes through, I'll be excited.

26. brewbetter

Does anyone sell reserve society brews? Would love a shot at Rueuze.

benjaminahudson likes this.
  27. mjshearer1

mjshearer1 Advocate (530) Michigan Dec 16, 2011

"I hate this goddamn thread." - My Bank Account

28. Blanco

Blanco Advocate (500) Pennsylvania Oct 11, 2008

That would be an interesting argument. If you intercept the purchase before I receive it how could I have possession? Unless of course the delivery man has a cop hide in the bushes and arrests me immediately after delivering illegal goods.

29. drtth

drtth Champion (870) Pennsylvania Nov 25, 2007

You're getting into subtleties I don't know much about, but we can speculate. The law seems to require that the untaxed alcoholic beverage be in your possession in PA, so I would assume that the law enforcement folks would not intercept it and would wait until it is clearly in your possession and then bust you.

30. TheodorHerzl

TheodorHerzl Savant (490) Indiana Mar 30, 2007

Does anyone know where I can buy Duck Rabbit online?

31. Looks like my order from Half Time was fully shipped? That included 2 cases, plus some random bottles. If so, that would be incredible.

32. HeyJim

HeyJim Savant (395) Pennsylvania Sep 22, 2012

I'm going to try and place an order from Halftime tomorrow, but something is confusing me. I have 27 bottles in my cart and it's telling me that's one full case. If I remove one, it says I need one more bottle to make a full case.

I've gotten as far as I can go without actually submitting my order and the freeship code is still working, although at the bottom of the page it notes there's a 24 bottle max on it.

Anyone know what's up with those three phantom bottles?

33. TheodorHerzl likes this.
  34. TheodorHerzl

TheodorHerzl Savant (490) Indiana Mar 30, 2007

TheSevenDuffs likes this.
  35. brewbetter

So besides making a new account every time you order, how do you get the $10 deal at letspour after your first order?

36. mattizmyname

mattizmyname Aficionado (150) Aug 2, 2012

Lucky roll of the wheel

Pinche_Oso likes this.
  37. Probably the most important question yet. And does anyone sell Cigar City online??

38. brewbetter

JohnnyTightLips likes this.
  39. MaxSpang

MaxSpang Advocate (515) Ohio Jan 28, 2011

Whoever "Lueken" is, I'm pretty sure I'm contributing to sending their child to college. I buy from them a lot.

40. I didnt see that as a justification as much as I read it as being a small shot taken at the trading community, i.e. his off the shelf beer not good enough to trade for their off the shelf beer.