1. Extreme Beer Fest. March 20 & 21, 2015 in Boston, Mass. Join us!
  2. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  3. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Online New Glarus?

Discussion in 'US - Midwest' started by harrymel, Oct 14, 2012.

1. harrymel

harrymel Initiate (0) Washington Dec 15, 2010

Howdy folks, I'm looking to order New Glarus online, anybody know if there is a site out there for this? Particularly I'm looking to get my hands on some Raspberry Tart.

Or if you're a local looking to do a trade, I am looking for about 6 bottles. BM me.

Cheers
    harry

2. sherm1016

sherm1016 Savant (385) Wisconsin Aug 10, 2009

Not available online. I think there is a law in WI that stores are not allowed to ship.

3. a74gent

a74gent Savant (395) Massachusetts Mar 16, 2010

What Sherman said! I did some some research on this for entrepeneurial reasons a while back and recall that WI law says that the retailer has to sell to a consumer face to face. Just go to the trading forum and I'm sure you can get a hookup!

4. If the brewery ever distributes the beers in Minnesota many of the liquor stores will ship their beer.

5. Not likely

Ungertaker likes this.
  6. Please tell that to the distributors who met with them four years ago. Everything can change especially when egos are involved.

7. That's what those distributors were told in that meeting 4 years ago, not likely.

8. Good news Sierra Nevada, Deschutes, Redhook, and even New Belgium said the same thing not so long ago. ;)

9. woodchopper

woodchopper Savant (355) Illinois Jul 31, 2010

Ha ha i am not a local but have someone headed to Wisconsin this weekend so let me know....

Jamie

10. harrymel

harrymel Initiate (0) Washington Dec 15, 2010

Thanks buddy! I have actually been taken care of on this one. It is actually an acquisition for my dentist's wife - she likes raspberries. I gave her a Blushing Monk once and she's addicted, so I'm looking for an alternative for her.

cheers
    harry

11. sacrelicio

sacrelicio Initiate (0) Minnesota Feb 15, 2005

When did Sierra Nevada say they wouldn't come to MN? They have been in stores since before I turned 21 in 2001.

hardy008 and minnesotaryan like this.
  12. JediMatt

JediMatt Aficionado (210) Iowa Jun 18, 2010

Anything's possible, I suppose. However, I wouldn't hold your breath.

13. 59TR3

59TR3 Aspirant (25) Illinois Oct 18, 2012

Spent time with Dan Carey this summer and he said that they don't want to get outside of Wisconsin. He said that the brewery is as big as they want it to get (after the new addition) and he and Deb don't really want any more growth. He said that they have no desire to distribute outside of Wisconsin.
    Things can always change, but he sounded pretty sure about it.

Heidelberg7 and thebigredone like this.
  14. Chaz

Chaz Champion (840) Minnesota Feb 3, 2002

Back in the late 1980s. Lifeofbrian is waxing nostalgic for his High School beer salesman glory days, methinks.

(Likewise, I recall "Budhook" as arriving in the Minneapolis area prior to 2000.)

sacrelicio likes this.
  15. If I remember right legend has it for a short time back in the 80's the old Mark V11 company before Bill Wirtz purchased them had Redhook in the Twin Cities and left the market. Next time I see "Wolfie" I will have to ask him.

16. I hope they do stay only in WI. It's nice to have that class of brewery all to ourselves.

17. herman77

herman77 Advocate (500) Minnesota Jan 24, 2010

I'm sure the Careys are happy with just Wisconsin. I remember reading somewhere that it's only available in Wisconsin since Deb and Dan want to keep that personal connection to their distributors.

18. FYP.

19. mnbuffalo

mnbuffalo Aficionado (205) Michigan Jul 26, 2012

I'm going to Madison tomorrow and plan to bring back some Three Floyds. I could pick up some Raspberry Tart if it is in stock. Let me know if you still need a connect.