1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Online shop for HT

Discussion in 'US - New England' started by jklinck, Nov 22, 2012.

1. jklinck

jklinck Savant (255) Washington Jul 23, 2007

Can anyone recommend an online shop for HT. I found one but they are charging $13/can and $35/4pk. Being that you can get it for $3.75/can and $12/4pk at the brewery there is no way I'm paying that mark up at the online retailer I found.
  2. What site is selling it online?
  3. iwantmorehops

iwantmorehops Savant (295) Vermont Sep 25, 2010

What a joke, any online shop selling it is going to be buying at retail price and marking it up immensely. Do yourself a favor and trade for it, or give up hope and drink whatever your locals are.
    skivtjerry likes this.
  4. skivtjerry

skivtjerry Advocate (515) Vermont Mar 10, 2006

You sound desperate. Is there no good beer in San Diego?:)
    phorestfreak likes this.
  5. I don't think there is anywhere that gets legit HT distro and would bother to sell it online. The store you found it likely just buys it directly at the brewery and marks it up severely because they can. (no pun intended) Much better off just trading for it - you are swimming in great tradable beer in San Diego.
    RochesterAaron likes this.
  6. Horbar

Horbar Advocate (530) Rhode Island Feb 24, 2012

How are these beer sales sites any different than the "evil " eBay?? People go crazy mad over eBay, but not a word about these other sites. Sorry, I'm confused.
  7. jklinck

jklinck Savant (255) Washington Jul 23, 2007

Wow, threadshitting galore on this one.

@skivtjerry
    I'm not desperate, I just want to try the beer, and yes there is plenty of great beer in San Diego.

@Iwantmorehops
    I posted an ISO/FT other day but I only got three replies, but nothing is really working out yet. So I'm just looking at alternative ways of getting the beer if the trades don't work out. Is there something really wrong with that? I mean shit, I'm offering up Alpine for HT. It's not like it's a bad trade.
  8. Most of these replies really aren't threadshitting. You're asking for something that doesn't exist. Alchemist distributes to a very limited number of accounts and they don't sell online. With a beer that sells out twice a week locally there isn't much need for retailers to look for an online market. Anyone selling it online is a bit shady and I doubt I would trust the freshness if their undated cans. People are telling you to trade because short of traveling to Waterbury that is the best way to acquire fresh Heady.
    Fluke828 and iwantmorehops like this.
  9. Indeed, if you're going to go through the hassle and expense of getting HT shipped to CA, you really want to be sure you're getting it as fresh as possible, not from some shop unscrupulous enough to mark it up 100%+ and have it sitting around for 6 weeks.

Hold out for a good trade, keep an eye out for folks in the New England forum who post about making trips to VT. It may be a week or a year before you snag one but it will be worth it to experience the beer as it was meant to be enjoyed.
  10. skivtjerry

skivtjerry Advocate (515) Vermont Mar 10, 2006

I was joking, and you're not doing anything wrong. I can't help you - I only trade in person because my wife would kill me if I started spending more $$$$ on beer but you will find a trade, given what you have access to. Be patient.
    jklinck likes this.