1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Orange County- Craft beer Geocache site established

Discussion in 'US - Pacific' started by kmatlack, Jan 24, 2013.

1. hahahaha It's cool, I didn't take it as a prick comment. I will make sure to put it right in the middle of Irvine Lake =)
    4kbrianb likes this.
  2. kmatlack

kmatlack Savant (340) California Mar 29, 2010

So today was a day of excitement, then heartbreak.

Finished getting my taxes done and having lunch in Yorba Linda so decided to check on the geocache site. Was a great hike as its a beautiful day. Please see pics below:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Then I pulled these beauties out of the ground.
    [​IMG]

I was absolutely stoked as Wake n Bake is one of my favorite beers of all time. I hurried home to put the beers in the fridge. I was getting out of my car when the plastic bag I had put the beers into, felt it was done with its duties as a tool to carry things and the bottom gave way.

[​IMG]

Which resulted in:

[​IMG]

:(

Now my carport smells like WnB and I have been pouting ever since.

If you are sitting inside today and you are not enjoying the outdoors, you need to get out! Maybe you could even go seek out this site if you are feeling surly. ;)

-Kyle
  3. radium

radium Aficionado (130) California Feb 17, 2010

Just got back from the geocache site. At first it was tricky, but based on the coordinates and wandering a bit you can find it. I used my iPhone to find the coordinates. kmatlack left a pretty good stash, and I left a barrel-aged beer with a nice tulip for the next person. I didn't have any other 12oz bottles, so I'll make it up on the next one.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    duceswild, j47paco and kmatlack like this.
  4. danscott

danscott Savant (310) California Jul 15, 2006

Very cool.
  5. Went up there yesterday. Beautiful hike. Took me a while to find it as I'm without GPS unit. But had a nice time searching. BTW watch out for Rattle Snakes.:eek:
    ZombieJester likes this.
  6. Just checked out this thread for the first time...such an awesome idea! Could see this developing into a web of locations eventually all over SoCA. Nice work kmatlack!
    j47paco and Hamburgers like this.
  7. anyone check out location as of late?