1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Orange Whip IPA Availability

Discussion in 'Beer Trading Talk & Help' started by ShogoKawada, Jan 18, 2013.

1. what's the availability on this? I had a growler of it a while ago and loved it. Would love to trade for a few more- but I don't know if it's around often or ever. I see some dec. growler reviews, though.

http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/23201/63190

Anyone local see this around? What's the ballpark price on a fill + glass? How often is it on?

Too cold to trade now, but I would like the 4-1-1 on this.

Thanks bros

cosmicevan likes this.
  2. Anyone got the low-down?

3. ncaudle

ncaudle Advocate (605) Virginia May 28, 2010

it's put on very irregularly and when it is, not always available for growler fills (like the last time I was up there for it). if I remember correctly the fills are $20ish for 64oz

4. I traded for one about a year ago. I had a decent number of responses all saying it comes on periodically, and I asked for it maybe 2 weeks after one had kicked and 2 weeks before the next one was one. Unless something has changed, basically I think it's just a rotating beer for them. Great beer.

5. Allsmoke

Allsmoke Aficionado (175) Virginia Aug 11, 2007

I live ten minutes from mad fox, happy to do a trade next time it's tapped

WagonCircler likes this.
  6. CUE45

CUE45 Aficionado (215) Virginia Jul 29, 2008

As others have stated, it is a rotating beer and by far Mad Fox's most popular. The most recent batch was tapped December 1st and it was flowing until just about the end of the month.

Fills are $19 and they only have generic german flip-top growlers at $17 a pop(!). I trade for it often and people love it.

7. ncaudle

they'll fill other growlers as well (wish they did 32ozs - they wouldnt even fill 2x 32s for the price of a 64)

8. CUE45

CUE45 Aficionado (215) Virginia Jul 29, 2008

Thanks for that. I forgot to mention they fill any growler. N*ck, that's strange that they didn't fill your 32 oz growlers. I get my 32 oz Hardywood Park one filled there regularly, as well as other types of 32 oz growlers ...

9. ncaudle

when I tried they said the size of their fill tube is too big for the 32s...

10. AND THIS IS WHERE I POST MY EUPHEMISM AND COLLECT THE LIKES

11. Really? I've never done it but was told they would fill 32oz growlers when I asked on Facebook a month or so ago.

12. As everyone else has said it seems to come out maybe every 2-3 months although they will pull some out at random times. I'm surprised Orange Whip always gets all the love because Dingo and Two Hemisphere are just as awesome. Man I wish I had any of those right now. Their current experimental hop IPA is pretty awesome as well.