1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Oskar Blues finally coming to MN

Discussion in 'US - Midwest' started by MNPikey, Jan 3, 2014.

1. MNPikey

MNPikey Advocate (500) Minnesota Feb 27, 2011

joelwlcx, leezy, cmannes and 3 others like this.
  2. sacrelicio

sacrelicio Initiate (0) Minnesota Feb 15, 2005

I bet the IPAs will be fresher too.
  3. MCImes

MCImes Savant (350) Minnesota Dec 31, 2010

Bomb! I love ten fidy and deviant dales. Their whole lineup is pretty solid.

+1 for MN.
    pmccallum86 and jesseparker1 like this.
  4. Seefeldt

Seefeldt Savant (345) Minnesota May 15, 2008

Yep definitely can't wait! Sweet taproom if you're ever in Longmont.
  5. Ten-Fidy 1 of the best stouts to age IMO
    NeedBeerHere and HoistinBrews like this.
  6. Mealhouse

Mealhouse Savant (365) Minnesota Feb 19, 2012

Seems odd to wait until early Feb if this is already sitting in the the warehouse as rumored.
  7. There might be legal or contractual obligations? I'm not familiar with the politics, but I wish they'd put it on the shelves today!
  8. If it seems odd, maybe your rumor is...oh I don't know...NOT TRUE?
  9. Mealhouse

Mealhouse Savant (365) Minnesota Feb 19, 2012

My rumor? Simply stating what's already been posted in Alesmith thread by someone else and then was also told by an employee of a local brewery.
  10. jimmah120

jimmah120 Savant (355) Minnesota Feb 21, 2012

Have you ever been to Longmont Potion Castle?
  11. Seefeldt

Nope. Just happened to stop by on the way back to Fort Collins from Denver.
  12. Pug

Pug Savant (365) Minnesota Jun 6, 2012

Heck yeah! Oskar Blues is also going to be at the beer dabbler, so I'm hoping to sample some Ten Fidy then!
  13. joelwlcx

joelwlcx Savant (410) Minnesota Apr 23, 2007

14. So stoked about this. One more beer I don't have to get in Hudson. More room for 'sconnie beers
  15. opwog

opwog Advocate (580) Minnesota Jun 16, 2008

This has been an oddball brand not to have already been distributing here. They have a great, consistent and over indulgent line of beers that are hard not to love. Especially once Ten Fidy hits taps. Bars better start cellaring, because 3+ year old kegs of ten fidy rule!

EDIT: note to whoever is distracting this; get them to cough up some aged kegs for launch parties.
  16. McRyan

McRyan Aficionado (230) Minnesota Jul 25, 2012

Was Fidy at the Dabbler?!
  17. Seefeldt

Nope. Dales, Pils, and Chub
    McRyan likes this.
  18. I believe, not coincidentally, that those are the only ones that'll be available on store shelves initially.
  19. ZAP

ZAP Advocate (725) Minnesota Dec 1, 2001

I liked them better years ago before they jacked up their prices...quite a bargain back in the day..still quality stuff but the price point was unbelievable a few years back...
  20. MNPikey

MNPikey Advocate (500) Minnesota Feb 27, 2011

Over in Hudson, Ten Fidy is close to $20 a four pack after tax.
  21. EJJ1848

EJJ1848 Savant (385) Minnesota Jun 24, 2013

About an $9 bomber, not terrible. With that being said id like to see it more around FBS price point
  22. sacrelicio

sacrelicio Initiate (0) Minnesota Feb 15, 2005

Still not gonna buy it with any regularity.
  23. gross. think about how much saga you can get for that much money!
    sacrelicio, Bond111 and psychotia like this.
  24. So $14.99 plus 5.5% tax is "close to $20"?
    nickapalooza86 likes this.
  25. runfoodrun

runfoodrun Savant (325) Minnesota Jun 18, 2008

New math I think they call it.
  26. PieOhMy

PieOhMy Advocate (505) Minnesota Feb 23, 2013

This chicken has been fucked so hard by us, myself included, that there isn't much left except a few feathers and part of the beak.
    hmgway, jera1350, Ish1 and 1 other person like this.
  27. McRyan

McRyan Aficionado (230) Minnesota Jul 25, 2012

Talked to the OG guy's and met the new OSkar Blues rep tonight. They said we will be getting one shipment of Fidy. Buy it if you see it.
  28. FWIW, I purchased 10Fidy in Denver for $8.99 a four pack.

At a Target Store. :/
    BeerGoogler, Ish1 and Pug like this.
  29. opwog

That was a long time ago. I can remember when Ten Fidy made a 50% jump in price, seemingly overnight, but that has to be 7 or so years ago. The price has held pretty steady since, although I do think that it is overpriced in cans and I usually only drink it on tap. Still better on tap, than can, as well. Hopefully they bring out some aged Ten Fidy kegs for some of the events.
    ZAP likes this.
  30. opwog

Ten Fidy has been pretty consistently $15 a four pack from state to state, for years. The only variation that I ever see is the occasional retailer who tries to squeeze an extra dollar or two by pricing it at $15.99 or $16.99.
    GeezLynn likes this.
  31. No matter how you slice it, $4 for a can of Fidy is money well drank - IMO.

Especially with some age on it.
    Definitely worth cellaring at least a 4 pack per year.

Edit:
    FYI, 3 Squares is having an Oskar Blues release party on Wednesday Feb 5th featuring all of their regular lineup (including TenFidy), according the sign I saw last night.
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2014
    gatornation and cmannes like this.
  32. GeezLynn

GeezLynn Advocate (500) Minnesota May 10, 2009

If I'm going to age a stout, I'd rather drop roughly the same amount on a 6pack of Expedition, which is rough fresh, but aged is much superior to TenFidy.
    Ish1 and opwog like this.
  33. That's another fine beer to cellar.
    And "much superior" is a matter of opinion.
    Expo just happens to be a better value, which is why I cellar 3X as much compared to 10F.
    joelwlcx likes this.
  34. 10- Fidy ages beautifully i had an 09 last year and was amazed how good it was
    McRyan likes this.
  35. GeezLynn

GeezLynn Advocate (500) Minnesota May 10, 2009

Very true. I've also caught myself thinking that my opinion was "much superior" a time or two as well.
    maximum12 and lonewolfcry like this.
  36. jera1350

jera1350 Advocate (740) Minnesota Dec 15, 2007

From Princeton Liquors email:

" Here is the lineup that will be available.
    Dale's Pale Ale' Mama's Little Yellow Pils, Old Chub Scotch Ale, Deviant Dale's IPA, G'Knight Imperial Red IPA and Ten Fidy Imperial Stout."

Will be available on Monday.
    djschnabel likes this.
  37. Color me impressed and I apologize for my earlier speculation about a limited selection release. Not that it matters much to me but does anyone know if we're getting our supply from Colorado or out of the North Carolina plant?
  38. Yep. Those are the six that will be on tap at 3 Squares next Wednesday. If I remember, I'll post in the February on tap thread once it gets closer.
    I wanna try 10F, and Deviant Dales off the tap.
    Those are the two I like from them.
  39. pillzsix

pillzsix Aficionado (150) Minnesota Mar 21, 2008

Brewery folks will be at South Lyndale on Tuesday, Feb. 4th from 3-5 pouring all styles. Beer will be for sale starting Monday. And that's not an opinion...
  40. morimech

morimech Advocate (665) Minnesota Nov 6, 2006

Not excited by this. What is the price point besides Ten Fidy? I really like Dale's and Mama's but if you are going to charge me $10 a 6-pack, I will not be buying any. Will buy a 4-pack of Ten Fidy once a year though.