Oskar Blues Tasty Weasel vs. Home Made Liquids & Solids

Discussion in 'US - Mountain' started by claspada, Mar 22, 2013.

1. claspada

claspada Advocate (685) New Jersey Sep 27, 2007 Verified

Looking for some tips/pros/cons on both and if one is more worthy of a stop on a roadtrip. (More beer-wise, I am aware one is a restaurant with a full menu.)

2. They're about 2 minutes from each other, so doing both is easy. When are you thinking? The beer list at HMLS is awesome this week.

3. Domingo

Domingo Poobah (1,080) Colorado Apr 23, 2005 Verified Subscriber

The Tasty Weasel is far more likely to have unusual OB firkins, taps and cans, while Liquids & Solids will have many of those (definitely NOT all) along with 40+ taps from other local and regional brewers as well.
    If you're specifically hunting for OB stuff, the Weasel is the better bet without question. If you're just looking for good beer in general, L&S is the way to go. The food is pretty damned good, too.

JCDenver and darklordlager like this.
  4. claspada

Not until mid-May, going to have limited time on my way to Denver so I wanted to pick one or the other. Probably will be there afternoonish.

5. I'd personally go with Tasty Weasel. It's cool to see a brewery of that size making one offs like they do, and it's an impressive brewery tour if you have the time.

6. gklover1

gklover1 Savant (300) Colorado Oct 18, 2009 Verified

Seriously, hit the Tasty Weasel first. See if there is anything special on tap that catches your eye. The best-one-off Oskar Blues stuff will be there. If nothing looks special to you, L&S is literally a block away. I do it that way everytime. Sometimes, I close out the Weasel. Sometimes, I end up spungin on a sofa at L&S.

(Anyone catch the reference?)

7. SalukiAlum

SalukiAlum Advocate (550) Colorado Dec 19, 2010

I go to the Tasty Weasel to party and drink OB beer! Liquids and Solids are for the food and/or checking out the guest taps too.

8. Jasonrm72

Jasonrm72 Savant (470) Colorado Apr 29, 2012 Verified

pretty much everything is covered.
    I'll just add that on occasion the Weasel will have BA versions, in particular Ten Fidy aged in various barrels. Every one has been stunning.
    If you want OB stuff, Weasel has all the standards plus some that dont get canned, one offs and BAs.
    HMLS is so close, you can make a quick Weasel stop, check it out, and head to HMLS if nothing does it for you

darklordlager and gklover1 like this.
  9. joshclauss

joshclauss Savant (320) Colorado Oct 31, 2010

The Tasty Weasel has The Deuce. Liquids and Solids does not.

</debate>

10. claspada

Weasel it is, thanks for all the help kids.

Jasonrm72 likes this.
  11. JMBSH

JMBSH Advocate (695) Colorado Jun 20, 2005 Verified Subscriber

Hit me up when you came out. I'll buy you a beer at either place.

12. Domingo

Domingo Poobah (1,080) Colorado Apr 23, 2005 Verified Subscriber

Oh yeah - the Deuce is now gone but they have replaced it with 4-packs of oSKAr the G'Rauch. That's a smoked IPA collaboration with Ska. While not as amazing as the Deuce, it's still pretty tasty.