1. Extreme Beer Fest. March 20 & 21, 2015 in Boston, Mass. Join us!
  2. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  3. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Oskar Blues

Discussion in 'US - Mountain' started by MarkyMOD, Nov 28, 2012.

1. MarkyMOD

MarkyMOD Advocate (660) Colorado Apr 5, 2012

Anyone had the G'Rauch smoked IPA or The Deuce brown hoppy ale (canlabs with SKA and Sun King)? Both amazing, they had both at their Lyons grill as of Sunday, no G'Rauch at the Longmont grill, but might have some for sale at the brewery still. Chaka (also a Sun Kind colab) is also really, really good, didn't see that at the Lyons or Longmont locations, but it's still on tap at the West End. Was just loving Left Hand lately (Ten Fidy cask and CO2 on at Backcountry tap as of a few days ago) and wanted to inform some BAs before some ransoms stumbled upon these tasty beasts (I got loyalty). They make for good can collectibles too if you take them home (a few more beers and you may see pics... Yeaaaa, those kinda pics).

2. Had The Deuce last month at Sun King. It is really good. I came home to CO and was surprised to not be able to find it. Thanks for the heads up.

3. MarkyMOD

MarkyMOD Advocate (660) Colorado Apr 5, 2012

Yea np man, glad to get the word out. Don't think they're selling these cans at stores, but I could be wrong. Sorry for the spelling mistakes and confusing Longmont breweries at one point, I was more than a few deep last night, don't even think triple checking it would've helped at that point haha I had Left Hand on my mind though, went to West End yesterday because their site claimed to have Lava Java, but then they informed me the keg never came, nother trip to Longmont perhaps? :D

4. denver10

denver10 Champion (900) Kentucky Nov 17, 2010

None of these collabs from OB have been available in stores, only at the source. Kegs, though, can randomly find themselves at local drinking spots though. I got to try the Chaka at Choice City, hoping these others eventually travel around as well.

5. Fitshaced

Fitshaced Aficionado (220) Colorado Feb 29, 2012

They had the Ska colab for sale at Tasty weasel in 4 Pack Tall boys $17.99 i just couldn't pull the trigger on that

6. joshclauss

joshclauss Savant (315) Colorado Oct 31, 2010

Deuce at $18 for a 4-pack of pint can bottles is totally worth it. No beer like it in CO.

7. I just assumed they would be available in stores since the Sun King's portion of the batch was for sale in Indianapolis liquor stores.

8. heyduke

heyduke Aficionado (170) Colorado Jan 14, 2011

Gotta go to the tasty weasel to find em' both are really good!

9. chicano4craft

chicano4craft Savant (310) Colorado Apr 18, 2009

FYI...if you are an AHA member you get 30% off beer to go at the Tasty Weasel. At least that's what it use to be. I haven't been there in months.

10. Nice to know.

11. Fitshaced

Fitshaced Aficionado (220) Colorado Feb 29, 2012

Dang it!< In Kip Dynamites voice! I always forget to show my AHA card. I have not used it once because i forget everytime...

12. Ciani

Ciani Zealot (85) Missouri Jul 8, 2009

Yea they changed it.... 15% of beer and merch at both longmont locations... used to be 30% off beer and food at liquids and solids... that didnt last long...

13. tacosandbeer

tacosandbeer Savant (455) Colorado Sep 24, 2010

good things rarely do. awwww....

14. mactrail

mactrail Champion (785) Washington Mar 24, 2009

The can-bottles showed up in San Diego at both Bottleworks and Best Damn.