OTHER good New England IPA's/DIPA's

Discussion in 'New England' started by pwilliams211, Jul 15, 2014.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pwbres

Pwbres Initiate (0) Mar 25, 2013 Maine

Not sure of the exact dates of when they started bottling Finestkind at their new brewery but I believe their grand opening was last month. Last 12 pack I bought was bottled on 6/17, tasted great.

Rosinante likes this.
  2. Jbrews

Jbrews Pooh-Bah (1,800) Aug 6, 2013 New Hampshire
    Pooh-Bah Society

Exactly, hell there are people out there that loves IPA's and think Heady is "meh"

3. JayT

JayT Initiate (0) May 21, 2004 New Hampshire

We've been open at the new brewery since June 1 and were brewing a bit before that, so it's very new. We're open seven days a week; why not stop in and check the place out for yourself?

4. HuskyHawk

HuskyHawk Initiate (0) Jun 5, 2014 Massachusetts

I think every hoppy beer MBC has a quality of subtle complexity about it. That goes for MO, Zoe, Lunch, Another One, Tiny Beautiful Something (never had Dinner). They do not knock you over the head, like say, a Victory Dirt Wolf or a Hoptimum. A Limbo is more like a Dirt Wolf, except, instead of $12 for 4, it is $10 for 6. That makes it a hell of a beer IMO. Different style from MBC, and I tend to agree that lack of "in your face" with MBC beers means I can drink lots of them. Had Lunch, Another One and a Tiny Beautiful Something back to back to back recently. On the other hand, the price means drinking lots of them isn't cheap.

hawkfarmorganic and telejunkie like this.
  5. GreesyFizeek

GreesyFizeek Grand Pooh-Bah (5,512) Mar 6, 2013 New York
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

I tried a can of Cambridge Flower Child the other day and thought it was quite tasty. Search it out!

6. MisterBisco

MisterBisco Initiate (0) Feb 18, 2009 New York

Was at Earth Eagle this week, and while they didn't have Shepherd's Crook (which they're evidently brewing again next week), I did try the Ancestral IPA and New England Gangsta', both of which were tremendous.

Plus, it's worth a trip there just to try their crazy gruit beers.

Davl22, marcdalke and FrankLloydMike like this.
  7. FrankLloydMike

FrankLloydMike Maven (1,284) Aug 16, 2006 Massachusetts

Agreed. Can't believe I forgot to mention Flower Child among my favorite New England IPAs!

GreesyFizeek and nolanz14 like this.
  8. Jbrews

Jbrews Pooh-Bah (1,800) Aug 6, 2013 New Hampshire
    Pooh-Bah Society

I really like Spring Training IPA

9. nolanz14

nolanz14 Pundit (791) Aug 31, 2009 Massachusetts
    Trader

I had Trillium's the Publick House IPA this past weekend and it was one of the best IPA's I've ever had.

Doomcifer, JCTetreault and 2ellas like this.
  10. threephase

threephase Initiate (0) Mar 21, 2013 Connecticut

11. pbrian

pbrian Pooh-Bah (2,056) Feb 8, 2001 Connecticut
    Pooh-Bah Society

I saw four pack cans of this last week, I have to give it a shot, especially after having their Summer Ale, they knocked the cover off of that ball- awesome stuff. Everything else is a big fat Meh to me, I hope the improvements continue.

12. jefffalcone

jefffalcone Initiate (0) Nov 9, 2013 Massachusetts

Is publick house any different from congress st.? The hop bill sounds the same

I'll probably find out for myself this afternoon...

2ellas and JCTetreault like this.
  13. nolanz14

Trader

More pine and I enjoyed it more than Congress St.

JCTetreault likes this.
  14. BoldRulerVT

BoldRulerVT Initiate (0) Oct 2, 2013 Vermont

Crop Bistro Idletime out of Stowe, VT is incredible.

15. JCTetreault

JCTetreault Initiate (0) Mar 19, 2008 Massachusetts

Phouse IPA is more pine first, grapefruit zest second than congress st. due to chinook & centennial dry hop...congress street is galaxy, columbus. a bit (just a bit) more malt to the phouse IPA, which has about 20% more bitterness than congress street, as well. hope you enjoy it! BTW, we just got our first shipment of 2014 contract galaxy in, so we can start making congress street again (phew)

16. nolanz14

Trader

Will PH IPA be a one off or will you brew it again down the line sometime?

17. JCTetreault

JCTetreault Initiate (0) Mar 19, 2008 Massachusetts

we'll brew Phouse IPA again periodically now, and then much more regularly, once we have a little more space. sorry for the vague response, but I don't really have a timeline on that stuff right now.

smutty33 and nolanz14 like this.
  18. AshlandNacho

AshlandNacho Initiate (0) Apr 14, 2013 Massachusetts

<starting tearing up> yes!!!

JCTetreault likes this.
  19. RichD

RichD Pooh-Bah (2,182) Mar 18, 2012 Rhode Island
    Pooh-Bah Trader

Anyone know where the best place to find The Substance from Bissell Brothers? I'm heading up to Maine tomorrow and hoping to score some if available.

20. Justin42

Justin42 Initiate (0) Apr 3, 2013 Massachusetts
    Trader

Bier Cellar in Portland

RichD likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.