1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Otter Creek Releases Fresh Slice White IPA

Discussion in 'Beer Releases' started by Jason, Mar 3, 2014.

1. Jason

Jason Founder (1,365) Massachusetts Aug 23, 1996 Staff Member

2. Pahn

Pahn Advocate (705) New York Dec 2, 2009

everything about it sounds amazing except the belgian yeast. i hope it ferments cleanly enough to not ruin the beer for me.

also, every release in this series has been amazing.

3. A Hoppy Witbier! This will be in my fridge if I can get my paws on it.

4. Otter Creek is producing some tasty new beers. I am a fan of their recently released Citra Mantra beer.

I look forward to trying Fresh Slice.

Cheers to Otter Creek!

5. bleakies

bleakies Savant (415) Massachusetts Apr 11, 2011

Based on their recent batting average, I'm happy to try anything Otter Creek cares to brew.

CassinoNorth likes this.
  6. I feel like Citra Mantra just came out. Regardless, excited to try it.

7. I'm in. Now if I can only track down some Double Dose.

8. ChrisMon02

ChrisMon02 Savant (460) Ohio May 2, 2010

If it's the same quality as Kind Ryed than count me in. That shit was a very pleasant surprise.

skivtjerry and Roguer like this.
  9. Harnkus

Harnkus Savant (395) New York Oct 31, 2013

I'm all about OC. Glad they took the opportunity to rebrand and reinvigorate the lineup .

Roguer and RblWthACoz like this.
  10. I'll look to try this, I too loved Citra Mantra! Good work there Otter Creek.

11. Double Dose, Kind Ryed and Citra Mantra all have been home runs recently. This Mike fellow sure can brew beer.

12. JGLittle

JGLittle Savant (390) Massachusetts Mar 24, 2012

Haven't had a Double Dose, weren't distro here in WMass for some reason even though CT and Upstate NY got some. I have had Kind Ryed and Citra Mantra and was pleasantly surprised. OC was cutting edge back in the day. Loved Stovepipe kegs in college.

13. Listen folks I'm assuming that after years of trying to brew their way, Otter Creek finally gave the reigns to Mike Gerhart (I know him from DFH from years ago)...when he first came to Otter Creek the first beers they produced were a specialty 22 ounce three pack with a glass. A Russian Imperial Stout, a DIPA, and some kind of White Wine fusion Belgian style. The next two new beers that wowed me then were Black IPA and Wolaver's Alta Gracia Coffee Porter...nowadays people are bored with them but trust me both excellent brews. The hoppy ales coming out of Brewmaster Mike's have been awesome...I've only had Kind Ryed, Citra Mantra, looking for Fresh Slice, and can't wait to see Double Dose back in stock...I missed that one in the Pittsburgh Market.

Givemebeer likes this.
  14. Love the new artwork as well. It matches the quality of the beer.
    Same here. Didn't even realize it made an appearance?

15. Cubatobaco

Cubatobaco Advocate (650) Virginia Jan 27, 2013

Otter Creek is slowly becoming one of my favorite breweries. I was introduced to them by way of Double Dose and have been a fan of their recent releases. I'll be looking for this as soon as it hits shelves!

16. GOBLIN

GOBLIN Savant (380) Ohio Mar 3, 2013

Does Otter Creek have distribution to Ohio ?

17. HRamz3

HRamz3 Advocate (630) Pitcairn Feb 9, 2010

Doubtful, released in the fall.

18. my thoughts exactly. stovepipe used to be my favorite. I skipped the kind ryed because I'm not a fan of rye, but the citra mantra is top notch. Didn't see Double Dose in eastern MA either

19. Givemebeer

Givemebeer Savant (455) Vermont Apr 6, 2013

20. Yup, I was on board with this big time until I read that Belgian yeast. Whack.

21. Pahn

so, this beer is out but no reviews or hads yet.

does it live up to the last 3 amazing otter creek releases?

22. scotorum

scotorum Savant (410) Massachusetts May 28, 2013

The Otter Creek rep who commented in the link said to start looking for it towards the end of the month and early April. My eyes will be kept peeled.

I could have sworn I saw Double Dose at Yankee Spirits in Sturbridge after it came out, which was early October, but I might be wrong. Checking my records, I realized I bought all of the six bottles I had in New Hampster. One aged bottle is left in the beer fridge (yeah I know, dumb to hold onto it for so long, but I find it interesting to see how IPAs and DIPAs age. Some don't seem affected that much by time, others become malt bombs if the malt base is strong enough, which I don't mind) to do a side-by-side with Kind Ryed and Citra Mantra. I love all three of them and will definitely want to give Fresh Slice a whirl too. Of course they will all be different tasting, but it's fun to compare.

BTW if you like Citra Mantra, Tree House Brewing has their Eureka Blonde Ale w/Citra on tap this week and it's better than CM. Of course it's going to be fresher because you have to go to the brewery outside Monson to get a 750 ml or 2L growler fill. $6 or $12 if you already have one of their bottles.

23. JGLittle

JGLittle Savant (390) Massachusetts Mar 24, 2012

BTW if you like Citra Mantra, Tree House Brewing has their Eureka Blonde Ale w/Citra on tap this week and it's better than CM. Of course it's going to be fresher because you have to go to the brewery outside Monson to get a 750 ml or 2L growler fill. $6 or $12 if you already have one of their bottles.[/QUOTE]

First time I have tried Eureka, and I really enjoyed the samples. I have 2 2L in the fridge for the weekend and am looking forward to them!

scotorum likes this.
  24. Pahn

how are there not even Hads of this beer yet? someone picked up a 6pack for me in CT friday morning, what's going on?

25. Im just really surprised the name Fresh Slice hadn't been taken. But yeah, the other 3 were great so Im sold.

26. Sean802

Sean802 Savant (315) Vermont Jul 14, 2013

As of Friday, I'm quite sure this hasn't hit their VT distributor yet.

27. I just picked up a 6-pack yesterday (3/23) and I had my first one: this beer is AWESOME!

I hope that you enjoy your 6-pack.

Cheers!

cestlavie and Pahn like this.
  28. SpasmWaiter

SpasmWaiter Savant (330) Vermont Jul 12, 2013

Double Dose was good, Citra Mantra is okay (how is a lager that hazy?), Kind Ryed was my favorite of the new releases. I doubt I care for this release much. Im not into juice adjuncts AT ALL.

29. Harnkus

Harnkus Savant (395) New York Oct 31, 2013

It is unfiltered, like Kind Ryed and Fresh Slice.

30. rjp217

rjp217 Champion (750) Massachusetts Apr 24, 2012

[​IMG]

I think this beer is super solid, easy drinking. Otter Creek is so money right now

cestlavie and scotorum like this.
  31. Roguer

Roguer Champion (985) Connecticut Mar 25, 2013

Looking forward to it. Obviously the Lawson's collab, Double Dose, is stupid, stupid awesome; unbelievably good beer. Citra Mantra is solid and easy drinking, and Kind Ryed might just be the best rye IPA I've had yet (and it ages incredibly well for an IPA).

I'll definitely check out this brew when I see it, especially with sunnier weather coming up (I won't venture to say warmer, specifically, here in CT - but hopefully at least sunnier :p).

scotorum and EnthusedAboutBeer like this.
  32. rjp217

rjp217 Champion (750) Massachusetts Apr 24, 2012

This beer makes me wish I was at the beach, enjoying the sun and crushing tons of these.

33. Monstro

Monstro Savant (305) New Jersey Dec 5, 2009

I really wish I could get Otter Creek in the Southeast US. I started drinking their beers back in 1997, and am bummed that they are really kicking ass right now, and now I can't access it. Great to see Mike G. showcasing his talents!

34. Ill be picking up my sixer tonight, yessir...

35. Just tapped my Citra Mantra keg. These new seasonals are awesome. Jack, did Wegmans have Fresh Slice?

FatBoyGotSwagger likes this.
  36. Keith, the KoP Wegmans had the Fresh Slice as of yesterday.

Did you pick up some Pivo Pils? Or maybe you will get some Summerfest instead!?!;)

Cheers!

Kadonny likes this.
  37. scotorum

You might get in touch with BigStein88. He does a lot of trades. If you can get beer in the mail in your state (I can't), and can get your hands on Jai Alai or some other really good DIPA that he can't get in New Hampshire, there's a good chance he would send you anything Otter Creek.

Monstro likes this.
  38. scotorum

It's got seven ratings and one review now, rating ave. 4.1 so far.

39. what are you folks paying for 6-packs of this?

40. No, I didn't get there yet, still hoping too. Summerfest for me is ok at best, I'd take any PA pils over it any day. Thanks for the Wegmans heads up, I'm sure Malvern will have it too.