1. Extreme Beer Fest. March 20 & 21, 2015 in Boston, Mass. Join us!
  2. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  3. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Pairing with Imperial Stout

Discussion in 'Beer & Food' started by proseberry, Dec 2, 2012.

1. Hello. I'm having a 12 Stouts of Christmas gathering, and need food paring suggestions. Thanks.

2. Stouttyme

Stouttyme Savant (270) Nebraska Nov 17, 2011

Bigger bodied beers pair nicely with a steak with a cream sauce, chicken marsala, creamy cheese dishes such as macaroni and cheese, cream based desserts, custards.
    Desserts - Tiramisu, beer float, cheesecake
    Imperial Stouts tend to pair very well with crumbly/blue-veined cheeses such as feta, stilton, gorgonzola.

3. Vav

Vav Savant (495) Illinois Jul 27, 2008

German Chocolate Cake works well too.

4. Bleu cheese & bison sliders. I was originally going to say a "ribeye", but then I saw the "Christmas gathering". The next best thing for me would be a good burger (or in the fingerfood category... sliders.) Throw a little smoked bacon on there and you've got a great stout pairing.

5. joeseppy

joeseppy Savant (295) Illinois Oct 20, 2012

I followed on a theme at the Revolution Brewing Co.. Appetizer suggestion. Any stout would do with an aged gorgonzola. Got some bagel chips, or any cheese carrier, and spread fig jam, then top with the aged gorgonzola. An extremely complimentable pairing. I actually had a Brooklyn Chocolate stout with it and a Revolution very mad cow. The dimension of both cheese and stout was quintessential. ;)

BeerBuyerBill likes this.
  6. BlueRogue

BlueRogue Advocate (615) Maine May 1, 2011

Chocolate ice cream cake.

7. Maple Salted Caramel Ice Cream (if you can find it LOL) - if not make it !