1. Extreme Beer Fest. March 20 & 21, 2015 in Boston, Mass. Join us!
  2. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  3. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Pajottenland May 26-28 with car

Discussion in 'Benelux' started by jibbyvonjibb, Apr 30, 2012.

1. I am flying in to Brussels on May 26 and renting a car for three days. The main destination is the Spontaneous Fermentation Festival on 26-27, but I will also have time for other places. Since I have a car, I figure I could visit places outside of Brussels in Pajottenland. On the 28th, I will return the car in Brussels and have a few more days there.

So far, places on my list to visit while I have a car:
    • De Heeren van Liedekercke
    • In de Verzekering tegen de Grote Dorst (lunch on Sunday)
    • Drie Fonteinen (when is this open?)
    Any other suggestions?

2. Erzengel

Erzengel Aficionado (230) Germany Sep 8, 2008

I'll be at the festival as well :)
    For opening-times of the lambic-brewers, check http://www.horal.be/en/members/3-fonteinen-beersel
    Drie Fonteinen is easy to find - I was there 2 month ago and plan on going there by car on that Saturday as well before going to the festival.

3. I can't seem to find the hours for 3F restaurant. Do you know if they're open on Monday? On that Saturday, i will go to A Vapeur's public brewing and lunch (highly recommended).

4. Erzengel

Erzengel Aficionado (230) Germany Sep 8, 2008

The Restaurant doesn't belong to the brewery and is owened by someone else. So the best will be calling them directly for the opening-times.
    But beware that on Monday probably no one can sell you beer, as the brewery-shop is only open on weekends.

5. beerpirates

beerpirates Savant (475) Belgium May 4, 2010

6. Thanks for the link. Any suggestions on what else I can do that Monday of the 28th while i still have a car?