1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Palate Wrecker 2013

Discussion in 'Beer Releases' started by proseberry, Jan 3, 2013.

1. Hello. I see a few places in my area listing that they have Palate Wrecker, both in 4-Pks. and Bombers. Then I go to the Green Flash website and see the 2013 Palate Wrecker Release Party slated for next week. So, shouldn't the national release coincide with THAT date? Might the PW I see now last years over stock? Any opinions? Thanks.
  2. Bay01

Bay01 Savant (435) Illinois Nov 19, 2008

I doubt any of last years is still left but Green Flash bottle dates now (in yellow below the label) so you can check for sure.
  3. rmcnealy

rmcnealy Savant (330) Illinois Jan 13, 2006

Just seen some 4 packs a couple weeks back. I figured no way it could be from last year and picked one up. Needless to say, it's from last year. No bottling date either.
  4. Bay01

Bay01 Savant (435) Illinois Nov 19, 2008

That's surprising. If there's no date, I would assume it's last years.
  5. rmcnealy

rmcnealy Savant (330) Illinois Jan 13, 2006

Yeah, the taste confirms it! :) Thanks for the bottling date info.
  6. I picked up a four pack 1.5 weeks ago.
    Bottle dated 12/17/12, the fresh batch is in stores already.
    elgiacomo and ChanChan like this.
  7. Nachos4two

Nachos4two Advocate (545) Illinois Nov 26, 2011

new 2013 hit binnys in the west burbs this week
  8. ThatCracker

ThatCracker Savant (360) Virginia Nov 20, 2012

Oh my goodness....(Bart Scott voice) CAN'T WAIT!
  9. Porkhustle

Porkhustle Initiate (0) Dec 6, 2012

still 2012 leftovers in NY, so it's feasible
  10. I had it on draft in Rhode Island already it was fresh.
  11. ndepriest

ndepriest Savant (290) Georgia Feb 21, 2012

I've seen a bunch in GA bottled in December. So, it's technically 2012 but still super fresh.
    elgiacomo likes this.
  12. Is this a year-round release? I can't find a release calendar for their line of beers.
  13. jsurfs82

jsurfs82 Savant (370) Ohio May 13, 2008

Let's watch this masterpiece boost up the ranks now that it's in season! I've seen it fresh on tap so far, can't wait to get my hands on some fresh bottles. More excited for this than HopSlam.
    ThatCracker likes this.
  14. ThatCracker

The thing I love about this beer is that it just punches you right in the face. You open a second expecting things to calm down but it just punches you in the face again. You can't make it to round 6 - by the third you are already on the ground, spitting out teeth, wondering what the hell just happened. Right when you think it's safe - it hits you with the left hook and knocks you out. Gotta love this beer! Hopslam = hopsham - gotta get the Wrecker!
  15. mychalg9

mychalg9 Advocate (710) Illinois Apr 8, 2010

Haven't tried this yet, hope I can find some soon.
  16. tronto

tronto Aficionado (225) Kentucky Dec 22, 2010

we didn't get any in Louisville last year, but we got everything else so I'm hoping we see it this year.
    jgagne likes this.
  17. smutty33

smutty33 Advocate (650) Connecticut Jun 12, 2009

Looking 4ward to this.

I was only able to grab a single pour to try in NYC last year, before GF was finally avail. here in CT.

Cheers All......
  18. Palate Wrecker is undrinkable. I'll take GF West Coast IPA, Imperial IPA and even Torpedo over PW any day.
    bostonlogga likes this.
  19. shand

shand Advocate (645) Florida Jul 13, 2010

The fresh batch is around here in Tampa, Florida. It's so good.
    fmccormi likes this.
  20. Now this is some bullshit. How is the South going to get it before the Bay Area markets?
    MontereyBay831 likes this.
  21. jgagne

jgagne Savant (320) Kentucky Feb 23, 2011

Word.
  22. tronto

tronto Aficionado (225) Kentucky Dec 22, 2010

I did grab some in Nashville and I thought it was one of the better IPA's I had all year.
  23. jgagne

jgagne Savant (320) Kentucky Feb 23, 2011

That's awesome. How the hell did Nashville get it? They don't get anything. Well I hope it will hit here. I don't see why it woudnt. But I have been suprised by this distro. before.
  24. ThatCracker

I haven't seen it hit here in VA yet - didn't even think the release has been started..
  25. teamwiggum

teamwiggum Advocate (500) Wisconsin Nov 30, 2008

Local store here in WI just recently started carrying Green Flash, hoping this makes an appearance.
  26. Cenosillicaphobe

Cenosillicaphobe Savant (360) Maine Jul 24, 2011

Green Flash is new to my market as of a few months ago, so hopefully I'll be seeing this soonish.
  27. Got a 4 pack dated 12/17/12. Tasty......very tasty
    Rizalini likes this.
  28. Absolut

Absolut Savant (420) California Sep 19, 2011

had a mid december 2012 the other night. outstanding showing from an outstanding brewery.
  29. macster

macster Savant (310) Florida Dec 16, 2003

Just enjoyed a pint on draught tonight for the first time @ Engine 15 in Jax Beach. Awesome hop explosion of a brew. Your review is spot on ThatCracker!!
  30. jmgrub

jmgrub Savant (435) California Nov 20, 2010

I haven't seen it in SoCal yet...some Firestone Walker-esque distro if I say so myself.
    kojevergas and MontereyBay831 like this.
  31. HopFace

HopFace Savant (350) Pennsylvania Feb 29, 2012

Got mine tonight at Market District in Robinson. They had 5 cases sitting out on the floor. $14.99 a 4 pack. Drank one tonight. Delicious as always. Bottled on 12-17-12.
  32. Picked it up at Whole Foods in Sherman Oaks last night...
  33. jmgrub

jmgrub Savant (435) California Nov 20, 2010

<standing corrected
  34. Anyone seen 4 packs of this in NC?
  35. Hello. Picked up a case of 12 Oz-ers today, dated 12/17/12. Took a pass on the bombers. Those were plentiful (one place had 4+ cases on the floor), but the price point, $7-8.99, made it way better to stick with the 4Pks. Thanks.
  36. Can't wait! Simply one of the best DIPA's out there.
    Hopportunistic and dianimal like this.
  37. I moved to Nashville in June of last year and was able to get a 4 pack and they also had bombers. I haven't seen it since then, hopefully it returns in 2013.
    tronto likes this.
  38. Lerxst

Lerxst Savant (415) Florida Jun 17, 2005

Just had my very first Palate Wrecker (bottled 12-11-12) about 2 hours ago. It was very good and I enjoyed it a lot. But by no means did it wreck my palate. I think GF's Imperial is more of a Palate Wrecker than Palate Wrecker is.

Maybe rename it "One Damn Good DIPA"
  39. PW IMO is the best brew they have ever made. They don't bottle date and I've seen plenty of reviews in late 2012 back east which was interesting if I understood last year bottling dates.

However it is polarizing on the reviews, some love it with high scores and others butcher it.
    tronto likes this.
  40. The World of Beers in Naperville, IL has this on tap. I tried one last Saturday and enjoyed it.