1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Palate Wrecker 2013

Discussion in 'Beer Releases' started by proseberry, Jan 3, 2013.

1. on tap at cork n bottle in fremont ca.........
  2. I got mine at Giant Eagle on Route 8 with the same bottle date, but I think for 15.99. Worth looking forward to every year.
  3. Any Los Angeles Sightings?
  4. NvMyBeer

NvMyBeer Aficionado (140) Illinois Aug 25, 2011

I Just picked up a 1/2 barrel of Green Bullet that is suppose to be the Pallate Wrecker brewed with all New Zealand Hops. Can't wait to taps this bad boy
    fmccormi and iHEARTbeer247 like this.
  5. we already got it in our store in Pittsburgh so it should be available lots of other places
  6. Total Wine in Northridge.
  7. Absolut

Absolut Savant (395) California Sep 19, 2011

and thousand oaks
  8. Potemkin

Potemkin Aspirant (35) California Dec 21, 2012

This year's batch is delicious. Had it at the release party on cask and regular. Amazing.
  9. fmccormi likes this.
  10. peteinSD

peteinSD Savant (255) California Apr 25, 2010

i think the sweetness (not only malt but they probably add something else for more sweetness) adds a nice balance to the bitterness and it's what makes the beer so damn good.
  11. patkorn

patkorn Aficionado (200) California Aug 30, 2007

The Palette Wrecker in stores and on draft now is fresh,brewed end of 2012. We are continuing to brew more for the new year but will only be able to brew so much so enjoy while you can. Enjoy.
    fmccormi and rjknyy like this.
  12. Thedaver4220

Thedaver4220 Savant (250) Illinois Nov 11, 2011

Distributor dropped it off by me yesterday in the NW burbs of Chicago
  13. tronto

tronto Aficionado (225) Kentucky Dec 22, 2010

Is Louisville KY getting any? We never got any last year, and when I ask the beer buyers at a couple of my favorite stores recently they said there wasn't any option to order any on their order sheet? We've got everything else but the barleywine.
  14. Website says February until May. Guess they are a little early, fingers crossed that N.H gets it this year. Love it.
  15. Picked up a 4 pack of this at Kappy's in Everett (for any North of Boston people on here). I was looking for it in a 22, but was pleasantly surprised when I found it in a 4 pack.

I agree with ThatCracker -- it does punch you in the face. I'm planning on opening one tonight.
  16. patkorn

If they can get other GF beers they should be able to PW unless their distro did not order it. But that would not be to smart of them.
  17. drgonzo2k2

drgonzo2k2 Savant (460) California Aug 24, 2012

Ramirez and Buzz both have it in stock.
  18. can you say bomb.com
  19. Hello. Standard Market in Westmost still has several cases of PW bombers ready to go. Thanks.
  20. ESeab

ESeab Advocate (505) New Jersey Jan 3, 2013

I bought a palate wrecker from last year yesterday
  21. fmccormi

fmccormi Champion (750) New York Oct 24, 2010

Waaaaait . . . is Green Bullet going to see some real distribution? I would love love love to try that beer. Palate Wrecker was one of my favorite beers of 2012, like top-five without a doubt. Green Bullet sounds great to me.
  22. fmccormi

Just can't wait to see some Palate Wrecker in Central NY. Absolutely loved it last year.
  23. Hello. Quaffing some Green Bullet next Friday at my local suds station. Thanks.
  24. patkorn

Green Bullet is brewed with some NZ hops but is not nearly as dank as PW. We will be releasing it end of 2013.
    fmccormi likes this.
  25. Patrick

Patrick Initiate (0) Massachusetts Aug 13, 2007

Is it less oniony than last year?
  26. fmccormi

That's fantastic news, to me. 4-packs and bombers? Can't wait to try it . . .
  27. patkorn

PW or GB?
  28. Patrick

Patrick Initiate (0) Massachusetts Aug 13, 2007

PW, that was the only one I tried last year. Not sure what hops are used in the beer, but I got a lot of onion, kind of like Gubna.
  29. ThatCracker

ThatCracker Savant (350) Virginia Nov 20, 2012

VA got these on Fri - just finished one off...good god I love this stuff! Have a funny feeling I will be picking up my teeth by the time this four pack is done....
  30. patkorn

I dont get much onion in PW but then again it is so hopped up I get different flavors each time. The recipe is exactly the same as last year.
    El_Zilcho likes this.
  31. ImJ2x

ImJ2x Initiate (0) California Jan 3, 2012

Sadly, PW never made it to Orange County. Too bad- I really loved this beer last year. :(
  32. nc41

nc41 Advocate (600) North Carolina Sep 25, 2008

Eh.... overly bitter without a lot of flavor. I tried a 4 pk and that's enough.
  33. Yes Palate Wrecker 4 packs and Bombers are in Total Wines in the Triangle area, and also at Sams. I'm sure you can find it if you search.
  34. That being said,I love IPAs. I love DIPAs even more.
    Palate Wrecker did not impress me. I think I prefer West Coast IPA instead.
    //runs and hides
  35. SeaOfShells

SeaOfShells Savant (350) California Feb 22, 2011

You're opinion is FALSE! :p
    fmccormi and ImJ2x like this.
  36. poopinmybutt

poopinmybutt Savant (255) Nebraska May 25, 2005

will this turn into a tasty some other kind of beer if it sits?

there are some that have been sitting on shelves a really long time here and im curious
  37. DanE

DanE Savant (400) Connecticut Feb 24, 2012

I love this beer. Had it on tap at 12th South in Nashville and found 4 packs here in Glastonbury CT. They are bottled 1/7/2013 :). Cheers all.
  38. nc41

nc41 Advocate (600) North Carolina Sep 25, 2008

Everyone likes different stuff.
  39. i found this beer at stone liquor in west covina california...instant dry mouth too! i loved it
  40. Drinking it in Charlotte right now at about 12 days old. Delicious.