1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Palate Wrecker 2013

Discussion in 'Beer Releases' started by proseberry, Jan 3, 2013.

1. EnronCFO

EnronCFO Savant (480) Massachusetts Mar 29, 2007

Haven't had them side by side, but anyone else think Palate Wrecker is similar to Heady Topper?
  2. Lantern

Lantern Initiate (0) Feb 27, 2011

Bought a case of bombers and a 4pk today in NC. Mmmmmmmmm.
    fmccormi likes this.
  3. In NC! Bottled on early January! Really good!
  4. nc41

nc41 Advocate (600) North Carolina Sep 25, 2008

Ah no, not even close. Closest thing to HT is Abrasive.
  5. NYRfan4ever

NYRfan4ever Savant (250) New Jersey Oct 30, 2009

Got a 4 pack today dated 1/6/13 in NJ.
  6. Maakies

Maakies Zealot (90) California Apr 13, 2012

Slated to hit SF/bay area around Feb 4th (Maybe earlier). Le Freak is already wrapped up. On a sidenote, Hopocalypse from Drakes will hit around then, too :)
    BlakeSmith and Hatzilla like this.
  7. RockAZ

RockAZ Savant (320) Arizona Jan 6, 2009

I had a 1/6bbl in my home last year, and wish I had written a review of it then but that pretty much was a lost week in our lives. To those that say it is undrinkable, you have not had continuous access to it for a few days as your go-to beer, because whatever gag reflex or namby-pamby taste buds prevents you from enjoying this beer to its fullest would be cured. Also, we have noticed our tolerance for Scoville units in hot sauces has increased by a factor of 10000. Looking forward to this release to be enjoyed in much smaller quantities at a time.
    GennyCreamAle and fmccormi like this.
  8. ricksrealm

ricksrealm Aficionado (220) Florida Nov 10, 2011

Yeah... Finally if Florida!
  9. I picked up a 4-pack ($11.99) last week that was bottled on 12/17. My local shop said they just received it... 5 weeks after bottling!?
  10. marshmeli

marshmeli Savant (425) New York Feb 14, 2012

Was visiting my parents in North Jersey this weekend, saw some 4packs bottled 1/8/13, or something like that.
    ESeab likes this.
  11. ColdOne

ColdOne Savant (340) New York Jan 19, 2013

Feeling forsaken in central NY. Haven't seen Palate Wrecker, Nugget Nectar, L Sucks.
    fmccormi likes this.
  12. Still trying to find this in the Bay Area-East Bay... :(
  13. I found some Palate Wrecker in RI sunday bottle date 1/6/13
  14. fmccormi

fmccormi Champion (750) New York Oct 24, 2010

Seriously. Although, Sucks should be here soon, they have it in Utica. NN, coming Feb 4—but Palate Wrecker, I'm just hoping hasn't completely passed us by. Though, judging by previous GF releases, they come to our area waaaaaay after everyone else, it seems, but with fresh batches so . . . here's hoping!
    ColdOne likes this.
  15. I had 2 this weekend. Friday it was good, not as good as last year if memory serves me. Saturday it was onion sauce in a bottle and was not enjoyable.

I'll drink the other 2 this week, but as of right now I am not too pleased.

Green Bullet on the other hand, which I had on tap a few weeks ago, was very good.
    TwelveOunces likes this.
  16. Gilmango

Gilmango Savant (295) California Jul 17, 2007

I picked some up on January 3rd at Beer Revolution so it made it to at least some Bay Area markets (I only saw bombers not 4 packs at that time).
  17. ColdOne

ColdOne Savant (340) New York Jan 19, 2013

Thanks. I know, lack of hoppy seasonable is a First World Problem, but this is reassuring.

Funny, just two weeks ago I'd be okay, b/c I wasn't aware of the full awesomeness of BA. Now I'm a freak.

fmccormi likes this.
  18. fmccormi

Baaaahahaha. Welcome to the fold, brother. Been meaning to visit the new Ithaca brewery, btw . . .

Time to go check a local craft spot for Sucks and / or Palate Wrecker.
  19. OMsweetOM

OMsweetOM Savant (305) California Feb 1, 2011

astonishing! Though you can't say the name didn't warn you. ; )
    fmccormi likes this.
  20. CLively

CLively Aficionado (175) Maine Feb 8, 2011

Just tapped it here in Maine!
    Bucknaste likes this.
  21. lionssoccer13

lionssoccer13 Savant (265) Florida Jun 30, 2011

Had it at Redlight Redlight a couple weeks ago. It is definitely my favorite beer from them so far. My girlfriend's palate was sufficiently wrecked, but she doesn't like the good stuff anyways. More for me!
  22. Flyway

Flyway Zealot (85) Wisconsin Oct 22, 2012

Any of this hitting the Milwaukee area? Any sightings?
  23. I like PW but man its too much alcohol for me. Half a beer is fine.
  24. This is beginning to remind me of the Hoptimum release. Anyone seen this in the LA/LB area yet?
  25. The Total Wine in Northridge had bottles as of last week.
  26. No1Smitty

No1Smitty Savant (385) California Nov 7, 2011

Pete's in Tracy has several cases of bombers as of Friday.
  27. arfenhouse

arfenhouse Savant (285) California Oct 29, 2012

I haven't seen it yet and i live in San Diego. Gonna check again later today, gonna get up some alpine and maharaja if there's none.
  28. Strange reading some Americans couldn't get it. Was readily available here in Melbourne, Australia.
  29. fmccormi

Wait, really?
  30. cleeze

cleeze Savant (290) Maine Nov 24, 2008

We got bombers up here in Maine.
  31. ImJ2x

ImJ2x Initiate (0) California Jan 3, 2012

I hope you're joking.
    It's one of my favs, but it never made it to Orange County. ShakeMyHead
  32. Yes - Palate Wrecker 2012 was easy for me to get. 4 packs and bombers. Loved it.
    fmccormi likes this.
  33. fmccormi

Well, glad ya liked it, anyway. Can't wait to see it in my neck of the woods / hemisphere.
  34. Pretty sure we had a keg of it too at one bar, I missed it though. Green Flash has been really well represented in beer stores.
  35. Avalon

Avalon Aspirant (45) California Jun 26, 2011

Haven't come across it in San Diego area yet :-/
    Love the stuff though!'
  36. Sam_Frank

Sam_Frank Initiate (0) California Nov 29, 2012

they have it at Sunset Beer Co
  37. We've got some in. Gotta luv that green flash. I'm still stuck on Stouts/Porters, but I'll save some for spring...
  38. ThatCracker

ThatCracker Savant (350) Virginia Nov 20, 2012

We are on the second batch sent out here - 4-packs ran out quick on the first shipment. Skipped the Hopsham to get more of this stuff.
  39. ScottUCF84

ScottUCF84 Savant (255) Florida Apr 7, 2006

I had one a few weeks ago that was bottled mid December 2012. So it was about a month out... tasted pretty fresh. Def recommend it!