Palm Springs

Discussion in 'Pacific' started by MadDogMD, Jan 19, 2013.

1. MadDogMD

MadDogMD Aficionado (130) Arizona Jan 7, 2013

I'm going to Palm Springs next month- will I be able to find anything decent? I know it's not the best town in CA for beer. I'm from AZ, so will I be able to find any RR, Alpine, or rare Lost Abbey stuff?

2. vacax

vacax Advocate (650) California Jun 3, 2008

>I'm from AZ, so will I be able to find any RR, Alpine, or rare Lost Abbey stuff?

No

Not many well known shops in the area either. BevMo in La Quinta probably has the best selection (sacrilege to praise BevMo here, I know). There are a few craft beer spots though, this question comes up fairly often so try searching the forum or places.

3. Hopsycho

Hopsycho Aficionado (175) California Feb 5, 2012 Verified

Yeah Palm Springs is buzzkill for beer. There is nothing.

4. nogidrew86

nogidrew86 Savant (250) Nevada Aug 16, 2010

My family has a condo out in palm desert so I am pretty familiar with the area.

Schmidys is a cool dive bar http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/26196/view=beerfly. They have a good craft selection and my dad and I have gone in and they had parabola on tap.

Yardhouse usually has bootleggers, hanger 24 and a San Diego brewery you might not get in AZ. You can't beat their happy hour!

Another good happy hour option is jackalope ranch. The food is damn good and they have decent house beers and almost always have double barrel ale on tap for 3 bucks a pint.

For bottles there is a trader joes, Jensens and bevmo.

5. I can't remember the name, but we went to a BBQ place in the area that brews on site. Didn't get a chance to try many, but seemed OK for what I had.