1. American Craft Beer Fest returns to Boston on May 29 & 30, featuring 640+ beers from 140+ brewers. Tickets are on sale now.

Parabola in CO

Discussion in 'US - Mountain' started by arminjewell, Apr 23, 2013.

1. ArrogantB

ArrogantB Advocate (735) Colorado Jun 9, 2006

Freshcraft tapped it yesterday.

But I'd like to get two bottles myself.

2. Thanks for the heads up. I was able to get a bottle and a few other things I haven't seen around here yet

3. FarmerTed

FarmerTed Savant (335) Colorado May 31, 2011

I wanna get 10 bottles, just like I did last year, but something tells me I'll be pretty lucky to get one.

4. don't be a dick

SalukiAlum likes this.
  5. FarmerTed

FarmerTed Savant (335) Colorado May 31, 2011

What the fuck? The shit was available for 2 months, and I bought and drank 10 bottles. I'm not one of those tools that buys a case just to trade it.

coreymcafee and tacosandbeer like this.
  6. scray24

scray24 Savant (285) Colorado Mar 12, 2008

Settle down kids.

Btw - heard Brewers Republic may have a release party for C. Springs for this....

7. last yr that was ok, but this yr it's limited let everyone get a chance to try it I was tempted to buy three but I went with one so people can get it

8. Domingo

Domingo Champion (945) Colorado Apr 23, 2005

As always, I just want 2. One for now, one for later.

9. I also want 2, but will settle for even 1 if it's going to be so difficult to get it. I hope I can even get 1.

hopfacebrew likes this.
  10. Prospero

Prospero Advocate (695) Colorado Jul 27, 2010

I think this is all speculation at this point, it's been said there's 500 more cases this year, so even with our distro split with Texas it may be a bit less than last year, but so long as it's equal to Sucaba, I really don't see getting a couple bottles of Parabola to be much of an issue. Probably 1-bottle limits in places like Sucaba was, took about 30 min to get 2 bottles, it wasn't that hard.

Domingo and ssteigerwald like this.
  11. I was able to get 2 Sucaba, so if that's the case...good.

12. How has the price point been this year? The $16.99 MSRP on the press release seems like a fairly large increase from last year, if it's true.

13. SFACRKnight

SFACRKnight Advocate (615) Colorado Jan 20, 2012

Fuck it. Where's the UJ?

scray24 likes this.
  14. tacosandbeer

tacosandbeer Savant (455) Colorado Sep 24, 2010

June isn't it?

15. Prospero

16. coreymcafee

coreymcafee Savant (350) Colorado May 30, 2006

17. buffs9

buffs9 Savant (450) Colorado Apr 28, 2008

Where did this "Texas got 1/2 of Colorado's share" info come from? I remember seeing one post about it, but know it's being treated as though it's completely true. I'm just curious if it was confirmed by FW or just rumor.
    Did they cut other states as well? TX is big, or something.

18. Yeah UJ was in barrels a month ago when I was there. I talked with Jared from Avery on Saturday at Parry's and he said June. I was a bit disappointed to hear that because the tour guide a month back said it was a month away from release.

tacosandbeer likes this.
  19. Avery posted a response to someones UJ question last week and said they were looking at a June release.

coreymcafee likes this.
  20. I heard something like this from a Beer Manager who heard it from their FW rep. I realize it's 2nd hand info but I trust the Beer Manager. What's not clear to me though is when they "cut our allotment" (that's how I heard it said - not "halved"). Was it before or after the Sucaba release? Distribution in Texas started in February so CO's "cut in allotment" could have happened prior to Sucaba and Sucaba was not a dire hunt to land a bottle here in CO. Perhaps someone around here knows the answer to that.

I'm hopeful based on what I know that it will be a similar "rarity" as Sucaba (same company + same number of bottles produced + timing that FW entered TX). If I'm wrong and I miss it I'll just wait until UJ or trade for some BCBS, BN, KBS, etc. There's a lotta good beer out there...

21. SFACRKnight

SFACRKnight Advocate (615) Colorado Jan 20, 2012

Glad to hear it. Last I heard was september. And once I heard october.

22. MYJELLOMISFIT

MYJELLOMISFIT Initiate (0) Colorado Jan 14, 2007

Last year we received 6 cases of Parabola. This year... 2. The extra 500 cases did not make their way to CO.

23. Prospero

How much Sucaba this year vs. last if you recall?

24. Kuester

Kuester Aficionado (165) Colorado May 14, 2012

Wonder if Velvet Merkin will be as difficult

25. MYJELLOMISFIT

MYJELLOMISFIT Initiate (0) Colorado Jan 14, 2007

Exactly the same.

26. buffs9

Found it at 3 stores, all of which are out now and had 1 bottle limits.
    2 of them still have Sucaba....

27. Any of those South Denver by chance?

28. buffs9

Fort Collins

29. DividedAvery

DividedAvery Savant (315) Colorado Oct 22, 2010

Not around that I have seen yet. Maybe it will start trickling out soon.

30. It is in at Cornerstar. Have to ask, not sure if its still there, they only got one case.

31. dsaudio

dsaudio Aficionado (180) Colorado Oct 13, 2010

Total Bev in Thorton has plenty of it, gotta ask the beer guy for it directly FYI

32. poonamibaxter

poonamibaxter Savant (325) Colorado Jun 26, 2007

I wish places would stop with the "gotta ask for it" shit. Either put in the shelf or hold it for your best customers, don't make me go through the damn charade.

33. CK21

CK21 Aficionado (230) Colorado Feb 6, 2011

Sounds like a win-win for everyone...except everyone who doesn't get it.

34. Kuester

Kuester Aficionado (165) Colorado May 14, 2012

Argo has it, 1 bottle limit as always

35. bbfc

bbfc Aficionado (140) Colorado Mar 4, 2013

Wilburs just put some out on the shelf maybe an hour ago. 1 bottle limit, looked like they had 6 or 7.

36. denver10

denver10 Champion (910) Kentucky Nov 17, 2010

I actually saw some yesterday at Wilburs, so it would seem they probably have a decent stash in back.

37. I'm the beer buyer at Alameda Liquormart in Denver and we have 6 bottles left. And plenty of other tasty beers!

ArrogantB and hopfacebrew like this.
  38. Chin17

Chin17 Aficionado (110) Colorado Aug 1, 2009

Davidsons had it last night, one bottle limit. Think they had 6 left after I bought one.

39. Parker Payless had it for about 90 minutes. They have/had GI Big John too.

40. Big John in CO? Now that's news.