Parabola in CO

Discussion in 'Pacific' started by arminjewell, Apr 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ArrogantB

ArrogantB Grand Pooh-Bah (3,224) Jun 9, 2006 Colorado
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

Freshcraft tapped it yesterday.

But I'd like to get two bottles myself.

2. Youngtubbz

Youngtubbz Initiate (0) Jul 2, 2012 Colorado

Thanks for the heads up. I was able to get a bottle and a few other things I haven't seen around here yet

3. FarmerTed

FarmerTed Pundit (904) May 31, 2011 Colorado

I wanna get 10 bottles, just like I did last year, but something tells me I'll be pretty lucky to get one.

4. imperialbeerdude

imperialbeerdude Initiate (0) Feb 5, 2012 Colorado

don't be a dick

SalukiAlum likes this.
  5. FarmerTed

FarmerTed Pundit (904) May 31, 2011 Colorado

What the fuck? The shit was available for 2 months, and I bought and drank 10 bottles. I'm not one of those tools that buys a case just to trade it.

coreymcafee and tacosandbeer like this.
  6. scray24

scray24 Initiate (0) Mar 12, 2008 Colorado

Settle down kids.

Btw - heard Brewers Republic may have a release party for C. Springs for this....

7. imperialbeerdude

imperialbeerdude Initiate (0) Feb 5, 2012 Colorado

last yr that was ok, but this yr it's limited let everyone get a chance to try it I was tempted to buy three but I went with one so people can get it

8. Domingo

Domingo Grand Pooh-Bah (4,206) Apr 23, 2005 Colorado
    Pooh-Bah Society

As always, I just want 2. One for now, one for later.

9. ssteigerwald

ssteigerwald Initiate (0) Mar 4, 2010 Colorado
    Trader

I also want 2, but will settle for even 1 if it's going to be so difficult to get it. I hope I can even get 1.

hopfacebrew likes this.
  10. Prospero

Prospero Pooh-Bah (2,606) Jul 27, 2010 Colorado
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

I think this is all speculation at this point, it's been said there's 500 more cases this year, so even with our distro split with Texas it may be a bit less than last year, but so long as it's equal to Sucaba, I really don't see getting a couple bottles of Parabola to be much of an issue. Probably 1-bottle limits in places like Sucaba was, took about 30 min to get 2 bottles, it wasn't that hard.

Domingo and ssteigerwald like this.
  11. ssteigerwald

ssteigerwald Initiate (0) Mar 4, 2010 Colorado
    Trader

I was able to get 2 Sucaba, so if that's the case...good.

12. Blargimus

Blargimus Initiate (0) Jan 6, 2012 Colorado

How has the price point been this year? The $16.99 MSRP on the press release seems like a fairly large increase from last year, if it's true.

13. SFACRKnight

SFACRKnight Grand Pooh-Bah (3,274) Jan 20, 2012 Colorado
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

Fuck it. Where's the UJ?

scray24 likes this.
  14. tacosandbeer

tacosandbeer Maven (1,426) Sep 24, 2010 Nebraska
    Trader

June isn't it?

15. Prospero

Prospero Pooh-Bah (2,606) Jul 27, 2010 Colorado
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

16. coreymcafee

coreymcafee Initiate (0) May 30, 2006 Colorado

17. buffs9

buffs9 Initiate (0) Apr 28, 2008 Colorado

Where did this "Texas got 1/2 of Colorado's share" info come from? I remember seeing one post about it, but know it's being treated as though it's completely true. I'm just curious if it was confirmed by FW or just rumor.
    Did they cut other states as well? TX is big, or something.

18. nolimitnsb

nolimitnsb Initiate (0) Nov 26, 2012 Illinois

Yeah UJ was in barrels a month ago when I was there. I talked with Jared from Avery on Saturday at Parry's and he said June. I was a bit disappointed to hear that because the tour guide a month back said it was a month away from release.

tacosandbeer likes this.
  19. DenverBeerDrinker

DenverBeerDrinker Initiate (0) Apr 5, 2012 Colorado

Avery posted a response to someones UJ question last week and said they were looking at a June release.

coreymcafee likes this.
  20. nolimitnsb

nolimitnsb Initiate (0) Nov 26, 2012 Illinois

I heard something like this from a Beer Manager who heard it from their FW rep. I realize it's 2nd hand info but I trust the Beer Manager. What's not clear to me though is when they "cut our allotment" (that's how I heard it said - not "halved"). Was it before or after the Sucaba release? Distribution in Texas started in February so CO's "cut in allotment" could have happened prior to Sucaba and Sucaba was not a dire hunt to land a bottle here in CO. Perhaps someone around here knows the answer to that.

I'm hopeful based on what I know that it will be a similar "rarity" as Sucaba (same company + same number of bottles produced + timing that FW entered TX). If I'm wrong and I miss it I'll just wait until UJ or trade for some BCBS, BN, KBS, etc. There's a lotta good beer out there...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.