1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Parabola release date announced

Discussion in 'Beer Releases' started by jvillefan, Mar 4, 2013.

1. jvillefan

jvillefan Savant (420) California Sep 3, 2011

Parabola to be released on April 15th.
  2. abecall98

abecall98 Advocate (530) California Aug 11, 2007

Cool.
    tcanaday, Squidly and KWMiles like this.
  3. Isn't that the same day that Stone IRS is being released? Coffee IRS and Parabola. That is going to be a good week.
  4. dar482

dar482 Advocate (645) New York Mar 9, 2007

Anyone know if this makes it to East Coast/NYC?
  5. Onizilla

Onizilla Aficionado (225) New York Apr 25, 2009

It makes it, Just takes a few weeks.
    dar482 likes this.
  6. It does make it to the east coast, at least Massachusetts, in small quanities and not for a few months. I usually start seeing it in August in Western MA.
  7. ant880

ant880 Advocate (635) New York Nov 7, 2010

Not sure what its release date was last year, but it hit NYC/LI around the first or second week of June.
    dar482 likes this.
  8. Since it will probably be at least 2 weeks before the Parabola hits San Diego, there is no conflict in Stone country. :)
    gshak likes this.
  9. JulianC

JulianC Savant (335) Illinois Mar 9, 2012

I remember driving to the store to pick up Parabola in IL last year and the temp was 104F. Only remember that because drinking a Parabola that day did not seem appealing! Soooo, this date is moved up significantly form last year then huh?
  10. another April release. :(

i will be out of the country for this one as well. if you can spare a bottle, i would love for someone to help me out. thanks.
  11. ESeab

ESeab Advocate (505) New Jersey Jan 3, 2013

MontereyBay831 likes this.
  12. Tax man will take most of my money on the 15th and I'll buy Parabola with the rest.
    bluewolf17, vurt and Beerandraiderfan like this.
  13. Yea thats true. . . my bad :oops:
    ESeab likes this.
  14. Heh, it hit Maryland (or Cecil County anyway) in something like early December... but I don't think that's typical....
    BaltimoreBeerGuy likes this.
  15. Mjmoser

Mjmoser Savant (410) Illinois May 6, 2012

Thought we got it on May last year... No?
  16. vacax

vacax Advocate (620) California Jun 3, 2008

The undying question is when they are going to bottle Bravo
    Brandywine and drgarage like this.
  17. I think it was the weekend before July 4th... I remember it being one of those days where you would sweat just by walking outside. Felt like it took for ever to hit the shelves.
  18. Mjmoser

3rd week of June in Chicago. Just checked old posts. Prolly be mid/end May for us then....
    LSMroz likes this.
  19. djlump likes this.
  20. JOrtt

JOrtt Savant (335) California Dec 20, 2012

I'll be buying a few of these. Would be glad to hook you up with one.
    markmcconv likes this.
  21. MykelJH

MykelJH Savant (280) California Aug 3, 2011

Yes this is true. In Cali I remember picking up around my birthday (may)
    flayedandskinned likes this.
  22. bifrost17

bifrost17 Initiate (0) Washington Dec 16, 2011

I wish I could buy a case this year...
  23. This would be greatly appreciated. I will shoot you a bm later this afternoon. Thanks!
  24. I grabbed some during the first week June last year.
  25. Dear God YES. What an incredible beer.
  26. Mjmoser

Can you let me know if you find it early again? I love this beer!
  27. For sure!
  28. Can't wait. One of the best beers $4$ out there.
    HopsintheSack and Pelican5 like this.
  29. JOrtt

JOrtt Savant (335) California Dec 20, 2012

Sounds good...glad to help. This is a great beer and has to be shared.
  30. well seeing as our entire allocation last year went AWOL (not including the handful of bottles that was cobbled together and distributed after the fact), here's hoping we get a decent amount in MA this time around.
  31. Lutter

Lutter Advocate (650) Texas Jun 30, 2010

I will be purchasing all the bottles in the greater Austin area. Unfortunately others might have the same idea.
    bccocx likes this.

32. Yup, my store got it in May
  33. MA went AWOL? I have a store that i'm able to find random gems at and was able to pick up 6 of them last year. Well first 1, then I tasted the best stout I've ever had and bought the other 5. Last years was legendary.
  34. Ha feels like just the other day we finally got last years Parabola in MA. Apparently the MA allotment got shipped elsewhere last year and they sent us what they could in the end. I love FW beers but starting with the Parabola shitshow last year, and now 16 and Sucaba being way less this year i'm done chasing them around. It could also be the distro but either way it kind of sucks for FW consumers in MA. First world problems I know.
  35. I just bought a Parabola( last one they had) last night locally. They said they got it in a few weeks ago. So it's definitely already in NH.
  36. T-RO

T-RO Savant (275) New Hampshire Nov 9, 2012

I believe that is probably the 2012, my store in NH got those last week also.
  37. ahh to be honest I didn't look at the year. I just assumed it was this years, ill have to check when I get home.
  38. My bottle shop in Philly received it in early August last year.
    dar482 likes this.
  39. Did NH get shut out of parabola last year when it hit other states or is this just round two?