1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Parabola release date announced

Discussion in 'Beer Releases' started by jvillefan, Mar 4, 2013.

1. kdb150

kdb150 Savant (490) Pennsylvania Mar 8, 2012

Just wait a week or two and then throw it up on the shelves unannounced, 1 bottle limit. A nice reward for some people who come in all the time, and a few others who just luck into it.
    jgluck, PhilDaBrewer and BrettHead like this.
  2. jahbulon

jahbulon Aficionado (155) New York Jan 25, 2013

My favorite local craft beer shop uses twitter to announce new beers and for parabola they tweeted at 7:50am on a saturday mornin' that they had "something very limited for sale, come by and grab one!" I thought this was a pretty good strategy because it was a saturday which allowed everyone a chance and it was announced to those devoted enough to following twitter and still refrained from saying "come by for some PARABOLA!"
    mychalg9 likes this.
  3. hitter114

hitter114 Aficionado (205) Colorado Apr 30, 2011

Word is the CO mountain region is getting parabola this week
  4. riemster

riemster Advocate (535) Ohio Mar 17, 2011

Might as well post this in here too.
  5. bpasquini

bpasquini Savant (285) California Feb 26, 2013

I know, they probably think just because they have newer releases it becomes more of a rarity so they raise the price even more
  6. hitter114

hitter114 Aficionado (205) Colorado Apr 30, 2011

Some cases floating around the rockies today

7. I like both these ideas. I saved a few bottles, and will do this with mixed with another limited brew.
    I'm also considering saving the last bottle, and sample it out during the winter.
  8. Got a few calls after this thread...
    Thanks for the calls on this one guys, but we've sold out of the available bunch.
    (back to the thread at hand :D )
  9. Shout out to the Beer Shop. I landed one of these!!
    TheBeerShop likes this.
  10. Just landed at Nugget Market in Davis today!
  11. soughtbygod

soughtbygod Savant (260) California Apr 27, 2011

I have already drank two bottles i feel bad for you guys
  12. I had one, am storing one, and sharing another with our company's national sales rep.
  13. just hit south jersey (gloucester county to be specific), I know people from NJ were asking earlier in the thread. picked up a couple bottles this morning.
  14. To the virginia people...head up to total wine in laurel md...theyve had it for a week and still have two cases...14.99 a bottle
    TheBeerShop likes this.
  15. nckmllr916q

nckmllr916q Zealot (95) California Apr 30, 2013

Sacramento area people:

Funny story: Local bar owner somehow ends up at Yard House in Roseville to find lonely keg of "palabra"--bartenders words. $7 for a 14 oz pour, pleasant surprise.
  16. When? Today?
  17. nckmllr916q

The owner of Pangaea was there yesterday and told me this.
  18. I miss Sacra-tomato... Drink some for me plz
    nckmllr916q likes this.
  19. I was able to grab a bottle. After looking all over, I also decided to trade some bcbs for parabola.
  20. gkoz

gkoz Savant (430) Illinois Apr 22, 2013

its crazy this is still releasing/available
  21. kdb150

I haven't heard of this hitting Philly yet. Any BAs seen it here yet??
  22. nckmllr916q

DeVere's in Sacramento popping a keg at 5:30 on Thursday
    TheBeerShop likes this.
  23. kdb150

Any news re: Parabola in Philly? Haven't seen any yet but don't want to miss it.
  24. Any of you guys in Long Island familar with Litchfield, CT? I'm going there over the weekend and wondering if there is any good beer stores to hit up for stuff I can't find here in Chicago. I've been running into deadends so far.
  25. Yesterday I walked into one of my local sources and there was 6 right there in the fridge. Uhhhhh. So I grabbed 3 & forced myself not to grab them all.

26. A fcouple of friends were there a couple of weekends ago and found a couple of bottles. Not sure where he was though...
  27. teamwiggum

teamwiggum Advocate (500) Wisconsin Nov 30, 2008

Care to trade one? I can get you the 2 New Glarus fruit beers in your Wants list, plus some other stuff of course.