1. Extreme Beer Fest. March 20 & 21, 2015 in Boston, Mass. Join us!
  2. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  3. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Parabola release date announced

Discussion in 'Beer Releases' started by jvillefan, Mar 4, 2013.

1. Batch 3 was my intro to barrel aged beers. Hope to have another go at this.

watsonmd likes this.
  2. Last years was phenominal. Quickly became my favorite stout I've ever had.

Titans77, ESeab and Rochefort10nh like this.
  3. Can't wait! The Sacuba was fantastic. I've got 3 bottles in the cellar now.

4. Anyone know when the brewery release is supposed to be? The website just says April 2013. A couple weeks ago it said May. Guess they are ahead of schedule.

5. The Brewery release is April 13. They will start shipping on Monday the 15th.

6. Paso Robles location is doing a tour/release thang on the 13th. You can walk out of there with 2012, 2013 and proprietors glass for $50 on the 13th.

7. Rainier

Rainier Savant (270) California Dec 20, 2012

I'm definitely going!!!!

8. Uncleserg

Uncleserg Savant (260) California Sep 19, 2009

this is where FSW Parabola gets destro to CA, NV, WA, OR, AZ, CO, MO, Chicago, MA, NJ, NY, VA, PA, DC, MD. can't wait to get mines. so yes New York......

dar482 likes this.
  9. Rainier

me and my roommate reserved for the tour! I'm definitely gonna buy the $50 set. Then 2 or 3 more bottles :D

1424IpA likes this.
  10. I wished they did the tours or something like it down in Buellton. But alas, I can't make it up to Paso for the day and back in time for a wedding in Orange County. But you know I'll be hitting up my local WF that week for my fix. Favorite barrel aged stout.

11. Bildo

Bildo Aficionado (185) Minnesota Jan 24, 2013

that is why it is difficult to read this thread. no distro to my area. but i always seem to find a bottle or two in my travels.

12. drgonzo2k2

drgonzo2k2 Savant (470) California Aug 24, 2012

Yeah, Little Lady and I just reserved the last two spots on the Paso tour for next Saturday! Looking forward to the barrel room tour. We'll be there for the release party (and to pick up a case of this year's Parabola), and then we're coming back later that have dinner at the restaurant. Always a good time in Paso!

Sisky likes this.
  13. Thank god total wine and bevmo said they would hold 4 for me!

it'll be my second time getting it..but first time owning it, not having some of a friends.

Spaghett likes this.
  14. jbdpsu82

jbdpsu82 Savant (400) Pennsylvania Aug 28, 2012

Anybody feel like shipping one or two of these my way!? :D I've NEVER been able to find this around me. Really bummed about that.

15. Momar42

Momar42 Savant (360) Maryland Sep 19, 2010

Have to add TX to list as of just recently. I've got several friends back home that are chomping at the bit for this to show up on their shelves.

16. mychalg9

mychalg9 Advocate (710) Illinois Apr 8, 2010

17. Mjmoser

Mjmoser Savant (410) Illinois May 6, 2012

Awesome!

“This is the best Parabola we’ve ever made,” Brynildson says.

18. Stevedore

Stevedore Champion (855) Wisconsin Nov 16, 2012

Damn, I feel stuck living in Wisconsin.

19. stevegoz

stevegoz Savant (320) Illinois May 5, 2008

The correct response from a Wisconsinite should be "Central Waters does it better anyway." :D

FembotsUnite, watsonmd and bmony26 like this.
  20. stevegoz

stevegoz Savant (320) Illinois May 5, 2008

mychalg9 likes this.
  21. GregSVT

GregSVT Savant (475) Texas Jul 1, 2009

Retail: $16.99 (22-ounce bottle). Available while supplies last in CA, NV, OR, WA, AZ, CO, MO, Chicago, MA, NJ, NY, VA, PA, DC, and MD.

Not so sure about that now. I wouldn't trust beer store employees until it's on the shelf. It's supposed to be at the Untapped Festival in Fort Worth on the 20th but I assume that's one lone keg sent just for the fest.

22. Angst

Angst Aficionado (215) California Nov 8, 2007

23. alex021224

alex021224 Savant (305) Michigan Nov 3, 2012

Damn it!!! Well, if anyone missed out on KBS and wants to swap, I am willing to do a pre-release agreement.......Please...

24. Does anyone have any insight as to how quickly this will hit the Seattle market? Past experience with FW releases? I'll be traveling there late next week and hope to grab some. Hopefully the distribution is quick!

25. Sam_Frank

Sam_Frank Initiate (0) California Nov 29, 2012

i'm thinking a mini road trip to Barrelworks is in order Saturday morning

26. I originally asked if they were doing a release party at barrelworks on Saturday and they told me that it was only the Paso location doing that whole shabang. I wonder if Buellton will also be selling them.

27. Sam_Frank

they will, i emailed them and asked

28. hmmm, do I have time to drive up from L.A. and make it back for a wedding... hmmmmmmmmmmm

29. Sam_Frank

yes. yes you do

tacosandbeer and bluewolf17 like this.
  30. awakeavast

awakeavast Zealot (95) Illinois Feb 15, 2013

I'm excited for this batch. Hopefully it will be a quieter release than the KBS was so I can get a couple bottles.

31. I think I will be there too.

32. Sam_Frank

cool. I'll be there when it opens. dragging my non-beer obsessed friend along. he is the suave Guatemalan dude and I am the (better looking?) Italian guy who will be drinking a Parabola or Sucaba taster at 11 o'clock in the morning

Uncleserg likes this.
  33. Rainier

can't wait. Doing the 2pm tour

34. I live only an hour away. Whats the deal tomorrow? Is it ticket holders only, type of situation? Or are they selling bottles to the open as well. Thanks for helping.

35. Rainier

I don't think so. You don't have to be a ticket holder. You just don't get to tour around the brewery and see their barrel aging program. I will take pictures though and if I'm not lazy, I'll post them here.

36. Sweet, looks like i'm going to Pismo tomorrow then. Time to go clean my quad up. Any bottle shop recommendations in the area? When I go down there, I go with non-beer-loving people who never want to explore with me.

37. Rainier

I think crossroads on broad street in san luis obispo has some stone Dayman IPA left. I bought 2 2 days ago... It's a decent bottle shop. Also, there's Eureka! Burger downtown san luis obispo, they have at least 25 craft beers on tap...
    Not sure about pismo though but SLO is 10 minutes north of pismo.
    Eat lunch at Splash Cafe, best clam chowder ever(if you're not from Massachusetts)

38. Well i know where all the towns are. I'm in pismo quite often to ride the dunes (dirtbikes/quads). SLO to visit friends as well. But Crossroads you say, and Eureka? Thank you for the info, i've been dying to try Dayman. I'm coming from monterey so its not a bad drive, im going to call FW in the morning to make sure i can get some before i drive out there. Cheers!

39. Rainier

Eureka is not a bottle shop, if that's what you're looking for. Crossroads also has sucks, so that's always a plus. I think it's the only place in SLO that has em.