1. Extreme Beer Fest tickets go on sale Sat, Sep 27 @ Noon EDT.
  2. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  3. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Parabola release date announced

Discussion in 'Beer Releases' started by jvillefan, Mar 4, 2013.

1. Skunkdrool

Skunkdrool Savant (475) California Jul 31, 2010

A question I have no answer for. I find it odd. I live next to Firestone and it's still not on our shelves. Your guess is as good as mine

2. Got mine today, from a prominent Beer bar in Sac. 1 bottle limit. :cool:

GetMeAnIPA likes this.
  3. Found 2 today..... Tears of joy! The small bottle soips got them
    In yesterday and the large stores like total wine, bev mo another week or two.

4. Thanks! A true classic movie.

5. 1424IpA

1424IpA Savant (395) California Nov 2, 2012

if you live so close you would know that it is on our shelves, 15.99 at bevmo right across the freeway.

6. Skunkdrool

Skunkdrool Savant (475) California Jul 31, 2010

Personally I just go to Barrelworks and grab a bunch. There is no BevMo in Buellton. Are you referring to Santa Maria?

7. 1424IpA

1424IpA Savant (395) California Nov 2, 2012

no sorry, paso i thought u might live down that way right after i sent it, id try bevmo down there tho, paso bevmo got 6 cases last week, i picked up 6 from brewery yesterday.

8. craftpunk

craftpunk Disciple (55) Illinois Feb 6, 2013

in various parts of Chicago and surrounding burbs. one case each per shop. either sold out or not in yet. good luck!

9. Came into St. Louis today, sold out at most of the Wine and Cheese Place locations, Ballwin sotre might still have some, sold out at Lukas Liqour, I don't think Schnucks has gotten theirs yet, but they usually get a case each.

10. Well I'm at Pangaea now, no sign. A quick tricerahops and a snack and I'm off to the next spot.

11. Available in OC, CA.

El_Chupahueso likes this.
  12. Got 1 bottle in STL today. Sold out most places in less than 2 hours

13. donde?

14. Closer to Tokyo Fros. Much, much closer. ;)

15. I literally just got the last bottle at Bradley's in Tustin. :( I'd try Total Wine, Hollingshead or High Times.

16. cool don't think those others have received, yet. so weird... places further away from the brewery are getting it earlier.

17. Mjmoser

Mjmoser Savant (410) Illinois May 6, 2012

What is everyone paying for these? Got one for 13.99 and one for 14.99 in Chicago-land today....

18. BevMo is hit and miss in North County San Diego. I went to 3 shops today, one had it. The other 2 claim it will be here next week. One bottle limit.

19. Whole Foods is running a $14.99 train on them mofos. Well worth it and sort of spoiled me now opposed to those places going for 19.99 for it. eeek.

El_Chupahueso likes this.
  20. rboinski

rboinski Savant (305) California Mar 19, 2012

Where at?

21. I saw capitol had it...But 1 limit....I'll just wait the week till total wine and bevmo get it, then make some rounds!

22. MrDave

MrDave Advocate (575) California Jan 23, 2013

BevMo in Walnut Creek sold 5 cases in a handful of hours.

23. $18 in Orange County, CA :(

24. Mjmoser

Mjmoser Savant (410) Illinois May 6, 2012

Maybe because they knew you were a celeb with lots of $$?

25. Anyone from MA see this?

26. Got me. I'm a Jonas Brother assistant.

27. RexKramer

RexKramer Aficionado (100) Illinois Jan 19, 2011

Available in the western burbs of Chicago. $19.99/bottle (ouch)

28. my special store outside Dallas got one case with 1 bottle limit. Owner called me as soon as he had it in his hands.

29. WF Laguna Niguel got 5 cases in Wednesday, I literally got the last bottle today. Evidently it's showing up to the WF in Tustin maybe next week, and possibly HB today. $14.99/ea.

RaulMondesi likes this.
  30. CesarLopes

CesarLopes Savant (280) Brazil Feb 8, 2013

Got mine at Lake Zurich Binny's (North Suburbs of Chicago). 14.99. Sold out already...

31. heatwaves

heatwaves Savant (285) California Oct 17, 2009

Bradley's must be selling the same story. I bought mine an hour after his FB post and mine was the "last bottle" he had left. I wonder how many "last bottles" he had. :)

32. That sucks. I told friends that they were out of it there. Also, my favorite part is that the "aged" Sucaba is 2013 - aged from January!

33. Anyone on the east coast have this yet outside of PA? I know they got it there, so now I'm waiting on pins and needles for it to drop in DC. Don't want it to sell out on me before I even know it's here. Thanks!

34. We didn't get it until 1st or 2nd week of June last year. I'm waiting for it here too. Sucaba stuck around for about week or two in Hudson county recently (and didn't arrive until about 2 months post release). So I guess its just the waiting game now.

35. crazyj

crazyj Disciple (65) California Nov 29, 2012

The 2013 Sucaba was released in January after being aged for 11 months.

36. crazyj

crazyj Disciple (65) California Nov 29, 2012

Picked up Parabola at a BevMo in central California last week.

37. mattvandyk

mattvandyk Savant (335) Michigan Apr 25, 2013

Picked several up in Chicagoland yesterday after DLD.

38. MastaShonuf

MastaShonuf Savant (375) California Jan 21, 2013

Bev Mo got Parabola in on Friday across NorCal. I picked up a lot at the Walnut Creek location. Nugget Margets is supposed to be getting it in on Monday. It was $18 a bottle per tax.

Bottlecraft inRochnert Park has 2013 Abacus and Anniversary left..no Parabola

39. Looking forward to trying it this year. The Sacuba was delicious. I'll be out on my lunch break for the hunt.

40. MrDave

MrDave Advocate (575) California Jan 23, 2013

So it was YOU that was buying them by the case!!! Ha, no worries. I scored 6 bottles at the Oak Grove location. Interestingly, it was priced at $15.99 ea.