1. Don't miss our 7th annual American Craft Beer Fest featuring 640+ beers from 140+ brewers this May 30 & 31 in Boston, MA! Buy your tickets now!
  2. BeerAdvocate on your phone?! True story. Try the beta now.

Parabola release date announced

Discussion in 'Beer Releases' started by jvillefan, Mar 4, 2013.

1. fredmugs

fredmugs Member

Archers in Chicago had it Friday but I didn't see it until it was gone. I did get a 2012 for $16.99. Never had it so I'm happy to get that.
  2. thampel09

thampel09 Member

Still nothing here in nj. And philly hasn't gotten back it yet either
  3. drrone

drrone Member

Nothing in AZ, but I heard this week.
  4. CyberMonk

CyberMonk Member

I just called the Albany BevMo, and they haven't received any--talked to a manager, and sounds like the Walnut Creek location was the only one to receive Parabola thus far in their "district" or whatever. I'm sure some other places will be seeing it, but weird that they were the only ones to get it in (and it's now out of stock there).
  5. MrDave

MrDave Member

Did you try both Walnut Creek locations? I grabbed some Friday around 6pm at the Oak Grove spot and there were still 4 on the shelves.
  6. CyberMonk

CyberMonk Member

I called the Oak Grove one earlier and they said they were out. Didn't try the other Walnut Creek location, but given what the manager told me of stock numbers in their network of stores, didn't sound like I'd have much luck.
  7. MrDave

MrDave Member

Monument Wine and Spirits in Concord may still have some, as you have to ask for it and there is a one-bottle limit. Not sure if they got theirs last Thursday or if it's still coming this Thursday. Good Luck!
  8. SanFranJake

SanFranJake Member

I know it was available in the Walnut Creek BevMo and I know someone who saw it somewhere in LiverWhore...for $20.
    No dice in SF yet that I know of but any help is appreciated.
  9. Johnnyramirez

Johnnyramirez Member

I picked it up in Livermore Friday at Raja's for less than $20. Perry's was $20/bottle though. Fucking thieves
  10. Juuroumaru

Juuroumaru Member

so glad i was able to pick up 2 bottles of this!
  11. D_Villa

D_Villa Member

Anyone know in IL (Northwest Subsburbs) that might be selling it. I'm striking out so far....
  12. Crookdrain

Crookdrain Member

Anyone find any in NYC yet?
  13. myron317

myron317 Member

Nope, no luck yet in NYC. Spoke to two shops and they said they don't expect it until June (if it is anything like last year or Sucaba this year).
  14. MrDave

MrDave Member

According to a Liquor store owner on Columbus, SF gets it tomorrow.
  15. Crookdrain

Crookdrain Member

Sucaba was easily available (and still available) 2 weeks after it got released.

I just checked Beermenus and it looks like 86 Deli and Beer in Bay Ridge supposedly has it for $21.99. I'm going to check tonight after work.
  16. SanFranJake

SanFranJake Member

Would this be Coit Liquors?
  17. MrDave

MrDave Member

shhh...yes
  18. marshmeli

marshmeli Member

The NJ batch isnt shipping until this week from what I have been told

The NY batch should be arriving this week, think we have more time to wait in NY
    thampel09 and Crookdrain like this.
  19. thampel09

thampel09 Member

Shipping from Cali or shipping to stores from the distributors?
  20. DOTU

DOTU Member

Check out the thread in the Pacific forum with up to date SF info: http://beeradvocate.com/community/threads/parabola-sightings.83240/page-6

Whole Foods got theirs today and BevMo says it will have it tomorrow.
  21. myron317

myron317 Member

Any Luck?

And where have you seen Sucaba around? My friend is looking for a bottle. We seem to be all out in NJ
  22. thampel09

thampel09 Member

place by me still has about 6 bottles of sucaba left
  23. marshmeli

marshmeli Member

Was told from brewery, so from Cali to distributors in NJ
  24. Ericl2

Ericl2 Member

Almost everywhere in Northeast Illinois was empty. One shop had a list....and the last bottle wasn't picked up yet. She gave him another two days and if it was still there...she would give it to me. I picked it up last night!
    auto_exec likes this.
  25. Crookdrain

Crookdrain Member

Didn't have a chance to check yesterday, but maybe tonight. Sucaba was, until a few days ago, available at the BR BR BR beer store on 3rd ave and 72st in Bay Ridge, Brooklyn. New Beer also had some as of 2 weeks ago.
  26. RRtransvestification

RRtransvestification Member

anyone know when to expect it on long island?
  27. Kyledub

Kyledub Member

Got mine last Friday from the Encinitas BevMo
  28. nckmllr916q

nckmllr916q Member

Sacramento sighting at Nugget Market in West Sac. $14.99.
  29. jdhowe

jdhowe Member

Picked up some at Walnut Creek BevMo on Friday (called at ~1pm and they were almost out already on a 60-bottle allocation). Albany BevMo said "[they] should receive it on Friday" this week. Pinole has also not received any... as far as I know.

As for Sucaba, I (as of Monday) can still buy it. Local store still had at least 1 case left of 2013.
  30. BeerMeInStl

BeerMeInStl Member

I was able to get a bottle today from Friar Tuck in O'Fallon, MO.
  31. Crookdrain

Crookdrain Member

86 Beer Deli was a false call. The guy behind the counter had no idea what Parabola even was.
  32. projectstars

projectstars Member

For anyone in the Seattle area, there's at least one left at the Westlake Whole Foods as of a couple hours ago.
  33. SoCalBeerIdiot

SoCalBeerIdiot Member

Picked up a bottle of Parabola at Total Wine yesterday for $13.99 (generally more than I am comfortable paying for a bomber)--limit one per customer. I've never aged beer before so I'm curious to hear from the more experienced vets on here whether or not it's really worth it to go back and get another bottle and age it. I don't have a cellar but I do have a full-size dedicated beer fridge in the garage. Thoughts? (be nice)
  34. kaseydad

kaseydad Member

I like to hold onto my big stouts for at least six months to a year. On the barrel beers? Let the barrel do its thing. But to each their own. It can't hurt to buy one more (lucky dog...still looking) and wait a few months and see which you prefer. Ahhhhh the awesome life of beer geeks. And we still kick ass!
  35. RWNay

RWNay Member

I think your best bet is to buy two, one to age and one to drink right away. That way you can see what you think is best for your tastes. I've only found one so far, but I will be looking for another one or two to hold on to.
  36. NYRfan4ever

NYRfan4ever Member

The FW rep for NY and NJ told me that it got to distributors this week and NJ could see it as early as Friday and def by sometime next week. Not sure about NY.

We better get this brew this year, we got 0 last year which is ridiculous.
    myron317 likes this.
  37. ironchefmiyagi13

ironchefmiyagi13 Member

STILL lookin for Sucaba here on eastern Long Island. Are you talking about the city being available?
  38. FedgE_The_Beer_Baron

FedgE_The_Beer_Baron Member

just grabbed to of these bitches. going back tomorrow when i get paid!
  39. ValleyOfTheSuds

ValleyOfTheSuds Member

It's hear in AZ at the moment, but the stores have been told to not sell it until Monday. Once Monday hits, it'll probably go pretty fast despite the 1 bottle limit most shops will have. Seems like we got less this year than past years, where it sat on shelves for weeks/months.
  40. FedgE_The_Beer_Baron

FedgE_The_Beer_Baron Member

I live near rockford and i found it pretty easily. i just happened to need beer and went to the store and they had just stocked it tonight. $16