Dismiss Notice
Sneak peek! BeerAdvocate magazine #104 (September 2015) featuring Leah & Oscar from Highland Brewing in Asheville, North Carolina. Learn more ...

Parabola release date announced

Discussion in 'Beer Releases' started by jvillefan, Mar 4, 2013.

1. Paccamacca

Paccamacca Champion (835) California Sep 15, 2012 Verified

This was the store in Redwood City (San Mateo County). I'd been badgering the guy there for weeks so he called me to say it had arrived before it even hit the shelves.

2. Paccamacca

Just phoned them and they've still got a few bottles left but are now limiting them to two per customer.

3. I see it's on tap at One Mile in NYC. no sign of bottles yet.

4. gcamparone

gcamparone Advocate (650) Rhode Island Dec 6, 2011 Verified Subscriber

Anyone know if it's anywhere in RI or Mass yet?

5. Top Hops, NYC - Went on sale at 7pm this evening.

Crookdrain likes this.
  6. I've never had it before this year, but this is honestly one of the best beers i have ever had in my life. I have drank my fair share of brews also. i made a grilled bacon wrapped 8oz. filet Mignon with peas and carrots to pair with, it was out of this world.

Paccamacca likes this.
  7. IndyDad

IndyDad Champion (895) New York Jan 21, 2013 Verified

It was here in upstate ny today- my local bevy got in one case- gone in 20 minutes. Scored 1. May go hunting tomorrow.

8. Absolut

Absolut Advocate (535) California Sep 19, 2011 Verified

Glad to help. Good luck!

SnowFlowMfg likes this.
  9. bluewolf17

bluewolf17 Savant (280) Maryland Mar 3, 2013 Verified

It's already surfaced in DC. I snagged a couple bottles from Magruders and Rodmans. I know Magruders is out but Rodmans only got it in yesterday. Give them a shot.

10. You're kidding! I was expecting them to put up a notice on FB when they got it in. What a horrible beer for them to choose to slack on. I'm going to go there today.

Thanks for the heads-up!

11. Just got back from Rodman's-- they had one bottle left on the shelf that I snagged. One per customer limit. If they restock I'll go back tomorrow and try my luck again, but I'm just glad I got one period. Can't wait to try it!

Whole Foods on Wisconsin Ave didn't have it in, but I assume they'll be getting it in a little while. And considering how long Sucaba stuck around on their shelves, I'm optimistic that I might be able to get a bottle or two from them when it does finally come around.

12. Just grabbed the first bottle from Whole Foods Tribeca for $17 (1 bottle/person). 11 more left.

Still no sighting in Jersey.

Crookdrain likes this.
  13. BadJustin

BadJustin Savant (290) New York Dec 18, 2010

where in Upstate?

14. Mine has #4 on it too. Im pretty sure that means it is the 4th release.

15. SanFranJake

SanFranJake Champion (980) California Nov 2, 2012 Verified

They received two cases at the WF in San Rafael...I grabbed seven. :D
    You snooze, you loose.

16. mark14580

mark14580 Initiate (0) New York Jan 15, 2011

funny that those "snoozing" are most likely working.

myron317 likes this.
  17. SanFranJake

SanFranJake Champion (980) California Nov 2, 2012 Verified

I was too. This was at 6:00 last night. It doesn't hurt that I walk past the store every morning when they are reeciving their deliveries at 5:45 am, so I know what they're getting.

18. mark14580

mark14580 Initiate (0) New York Jan 15, 2011

Well 6pm is fair game. Just sucks a lot of the time for us working folk who miss out on limited stuff because we have to work.

akukucka and alucard6679 like this.
  19. I appreciate that a shop like Top Hops puts things on sale at 7pm, makes it fair game for everyone.

20. Crookdrain

Crookdrain Savant (495) New York Jan 13, 2010 Verified

I'm hoping to be able to grab one from WF or TH today after work, but if not, the store by me in Bay Ridge usually gets FW stuff and sells slightly higher (Sucaba was $19/no tax) so I'll have to hope they also got some Parabola in.

21. Highbrow

Highbrow Advocate (645) California Jan 7, 2011 Verified

not Parabola, but keep your eyes peeled - Costcos in Northern Cali are carrying Stone IRS & Espresso IRS - $4.99 for either.

22. If you happen by any other manhattan shops that have it, let me know. I'd like to get another one for a gift if I can. I am happy to wait for Jersey but still no word/sighting yet.

Oh and at WF, just ask the beer guy when you get there. Its hiding behind the counter of the growling filling station.

23. I just grabbed one. 7 left. They hada pretty nice selection overall, I dont usually shop at that WF. Better than WF Colombus Circle, IMO.

24. Had I not had the option to order online through BevMo's web site, I'd have not scored any Parabola at this point.

25. justforrazors

justforrazors Savant (345) Missouri Feb 16, 2013

Picked up my one lonely bottle in Springfield, MO about a week ago. Long gone now though..

26. IndyDad

IndyDad Champion (895) New York Jan 21, 2013 Verified

Albany. Seems like it was the only case though..

27. BadJustin

BadJustin Savant (290) New York Dec 18, 2010

right on, I'm a little farther up the T-Way. Utica area.

28. Paccamacca

Yes, #4 denotes the fourth year they've released it. They produced 3500 cases, don't know how this compares to previous years.

29. Paccamacca

Wow, I'm feeling pretty pleased with myself- I got seven bottles from my local WF. They seem to have tightened up their allocations now.

30. SMITHAND

SMITHAND Savant (285) Oregon Apr 18, 2013

Drinkin it in celebration of a Kings win tonight!!!

thampel09 likes this.
  31. jdhowe

jdhowe Savant (495) Georgia Mar 18, 2013 Verified

Checking a photo of the bottle I got of 2012 there were 3000 cases that year. No idea on the first two releases.

32. LMT

LMT Savant (365) Virginia Oct 15, 2009

OK, so it's in DC. Any updates on NoVA?

33. RRtransvestification

RRtransvestification Savant (320) New York Dec 21, 2012 Verified

I hope long island gets some soon.

34. thampel09

thampel09 Advocate (535) New Jersey Apr 27, 2010 Verified

Still nothing in Jersey. I heard next week for where I live on another thread. But i'm heading out tonight to badger a store since they get shipments on thursdays

35. RangnaR

RangnaR Savant (425) California Dec 17, 2012

That's exactly what I did. As soon as they showed up on their website for my local BevMo, I ordered some, and later that day when I picked them up, they were already sold out.

36. JamesQuaff

JamesQuaff Savant (250) California Jun 30, 2010

Went to Pangaea in Sacramento last night to drink Sucaba on tap, and the cicerone told me they had just received their case of Parabola and put it on the shelf in the bottle shop. There were 10 bottles left when I literally ran to grab mine at 5PM. By 5:45 it was all gone. The cicerone told me the same guy had been calling every single day for weeks breathlessly asking if Parabola was in yet, "but he didn't call today". Oops.

Paccamacca likes this.
  37. BrettHead

BrettHead Advocate (650) Nebraska Sep 18, 2010

Anytime is fair game...whatever that even means

38. Fahz

Fahz Savant (415) New York May 31, 2012 Verified

If your hunting is successful please share. I stopped by the same store that sold out in 20 minutes and learned the sister store got nothin. I would like to score a bottle

39. Dirtinabottle

Dirtinabottle Savant (485) New York Aug 21, 2012 Verified

Just missed each of the 4 stores that got cases yesterday in Rochester.

40. TheBigEast

TheBigEast Savant (270) New York Oct 21, 2004

What 4th store got some in Dirt? I know Hegedorn's, Nathaniel's and Beers of the World got some - who else?