1. Extreme Beer Fest tickets go on sale Sat, Sep 27 @ Noon EDT.
  2. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  3. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Parabola Sightings

Discussion in 'US - Pacific' started by radium, Apr 17, 2013.

1. It was there. Went there today but they sold out yesterday. Talked to reps today and they do not expect it to be in any other stores in Sac area until after the 1st.

Found a couple bottles of Sucaba at another spot and bought those to hold me over. :)
    j

danscott likes this.
  2. Cboat

Cboat Aficionado (115) California Jun 6, 2012

GAH! I just read this and checked all three SF BevMo locations and it's already listed as out of stock on the website... Must be diligent and patient I guess...

3. Usually they list it right before they get it. So it appears out of stock for a day or a couple of days.

4. Cboat

Cboat Aficionado (115) California Jun 6, 2012

Good call, I'll keep my eyes for it this weekend. Never really hawked BevMo before...

5. I checked BevMo Livermore yesterday and online said sold out. Walked in and the guy said they won't get it in until today if they're lucky. More likely next week

6. Rumor has it, that OC will be getting shipments on the 30th.

7. jtmartino

jtmartino Savant (470) California Dec 11, 2010

FWIW you can buy it online from BevMo.com, but you'll have to pay shipping.

Joenajera and jp7161 like this.
  8. Got a bottle in OC today.

9. CoolEthan

CoolEthan Savant (430) California Jan 9, 2013

Windmill farms in Del Cerro has it. $13.99 a bottle no limit posted.

10. How and how much?

11. jp7161

jp7161 Savant (335) California Dec 22, 2011

Awesome! Thanks! You just saved me a shit ton of time. By the time they gave me the club discount it equaled the shipping.

Cheers,

Joe

jtmartino likes this.
  12. kaseydad

kaseydad Advocate (730) California Nov 23, 2008

Just stopped by. Three cases gone within an hour. Sheesh.

13. PKPUNCH

PKPUNCH Disciple (55) California Jan 24, 2013

yeah keep trying bevmos.. got one on hold and then went to the store saw 2 more bottles! sold!

14. Where?

15. Seriously, spending a little extra cash to circumvent the truck chasing, pestering phone calls and one bottle limits is more than worth it. Time is so much more valuable than that extra little bit of money.

16. It was at WF in Laguna Niguel Wednesday. Sold out yesterday, except for the bottle I had them hide for me. Possibly Huntington Beach WF got it today, and maybe WF Tustin next week.

17. jp7161

jp7161 Savant (335) California Dec 22, 2011

Bradley's in Tustin off of Newport ave had them today.

sirtomtom likes this.
  18. Sometimes, being in the East County has its advantages.

19. heatwaves

heatwaves Savant (285) California Oct 17, 2009

I got the last one. He said two cases sold out in an hour.

Total Wine Tustin said they'd get it next Wednesday. However, I don't know how credible that is. When I asked an employee about it, he started looking on the shelf. I said, "You guys won't be putting it on the shelf." He replied, "Oh yeah, we're getting it... Wednesday." Reminded me of Jon Lovitz's SNL lying man bit.

20. danscott

danscott Savant (335) California Jul 15, 2006

I bought a case today. :)

Joenajera likes this.
  21. Bevmo Pleasanton got a crap load today, around 105 bottles left by the time I got there.

22. Yes, I got mine at Bradley's. Sorry for the late reply.

23. $25 for a 12oz bottle. I'm actually surprised nobody has said anything about it here on BA. I got to Stearns as danny was receiving the case. I waited around until he said go for it. Obviously one bottle limit. The next day he told me he had people from all over driving down for it

24. Raja's Liquors in Livermore had some. I bought a half case.

Then Perry's also had some. $19.99. Naturally I passed there

25. WF in oakland didn't get it yesterday. Not sure when they're going to get it. Waiting on allocations from FSW the guy said.

26. FLBeerGuy

FLBeerGuy Advocate (570) Florida Feb 6, 2007

So are there any confirmed SD locations that have it?

27. Came and gone at the La Jolla and Mission Valley BevMos.

I just saw an empty bottle of the 2013 Parabola in my recycle container.

28. tyrsis

tyrsis Savant (365) California Mar 13, 2009

Gone now. KnB has it next door... For $20. Assholes.

29. SageO

SageO Savant (385) California Jul 13, 2010

Did you put it there?

30. Yes. It tasted very good, if I recall, but to be honest I'm a bit hazy on the details.

31. Any shop in LA have it in stock?

32. Coincidence, I put one back with some buddies yesterday too. Parabola is my favorite beer but I thought the alcoholic bite was a little untamed. I'm going to wait for a couple months before opening another.

Joenajera likes this.
  33. Whole Foods on Fairfax and 3rd had at least two cases yesterday. Gotta ask for it in the back.

34. danscott

danscott Savant (335) California Jul 15, 2006

BTW, unlimited purchases at the brewery. I didn't want to sound like a hoarder asshole by buying a case as I am getting a couple more. Wedding season is coming, don'tchaknow. Share the wealth.

Really smooth this year, a wee bit of boozy burn. I hope ya'll can find a bottle or two.

Joenajera likes this.
  35. I don't consider people buying cases at a brewery hoarding, in the strictest sense. Hoarding is when you drive around to each place in your area and buy the limit.

sirtomtom and badb_rad like this.
  36. In a way, you are not a hoarder. But in another, more accurate way, you are a hoarder. ;)

PaulStoneAnchor and danscott like this.
  37. Rau71

Rau71 Initiate (0) California Dec 12, 2011

The brewery will be stoked almost all year, so not a big deal.

38. yeah, it's when you're buying a store out of their one case they got and then jumping to the next location to clear them out of the one case they got that you really have a problem.

39. Last week I was at Windmill Farms on a whim and saw Parabola, wasn't seeking it out. I bought a couple and didnt realize until yesterday that it was the one from last year, not this most recent release. Anybody know why Windmill Farms was carrying last year's Parabola? I've never known them to archive anything before.

40. Rau71

Rau71 Initiate (0) California Dec 12, 2011

I would not be surprised if Firestone sent out a few pallates of last years version prior to the new release. They bad some for sale year round at the brewery and still have some left.