1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Paris: La Cave a Bulles

Discussion in 'Europe' started by brabuse430, Apr 22, 2013.

1. Has anyone been here recently? I have some family headed to Paris right now and they agreed to bring me a few bottles. I emailed and facebook messaged them a week ago, and no response. Was wondering if anyone has had any luck contacting them. I am mainly looking for Cantillon stuff. Thanks for your help everyone.

2. jdklks

jdklks Savant (375) Nevada Aug 9, 2007

3. Broccoli

Broccoli Zealot (90) California Sep 7, 2013

I will be visiting Paris next week and based on searches here, it looks like La Cave a Bulles is definitely at the top of the list of places to stop in for beer selection. Can folks who have been confirm for me that they will in fact be able to help with packaging in order to get any bottles purchased here home safely?

Also -- I am a relative newbie to the craft beer world. Are there any specific bottles I should be looking for in Paris that will be cheaper/easier to find/otherwise impossible to find at home in CA? I am a fan of sours in particular, love farmhouse ales too; and yes I do understand I'll be in the Land of Plenty(TM) in this regard. But specifics to be on the lookout for would be helpful.

Thanks!

4. IckyFlix

IckyFlix Zealot (90) France Jul 23, 2012

Hi,

Simon (the owner) is always very helpful with packaging, so no worries !!!
    La cave à bulles will be opened daily (even on sundays from 1PM to 6PM) but closed on the 25th.

He will also give you advices, you just have to describe what you like / are looking for.

Have fun and enjoy your stay

Joyeuses fêtes

Broccoli likes this.
  5. Cambrinus

Cambrinus Disciple (50) France Mar 1, 2013

Yup very nice beer shop, very professional, and an honorable beer choice !

Broccoli likes this.
  6. rinhaak

rinhaak Savant (400) Massachusetts Jun 23, 2009

I am curious if there are any breweries or bars in Paris (besides the bottle shop mentioned here) that are a must visit. I will be there for the next few days, and am wondering if I have anything to convince my wife with that we don't have to only drink wine! :)

7. IckyFlix

IckyFlix Zealot (90) France Jul 23, 2012

I would say :
    Brewerys :
    - Outland in Bagnolet
    - Brasserie ZYMOTIK in Montreuil
    - My Beer Company
    - La brasserie de la Goutte d'Or (you can contact them tout arrange a visit)
    Not sure you can really visit.

Bars
    A must : La Fine Mousse. You can check what the have nowadays here : http://www.lafinemousse.fr/carte?locale=fr

You can also check Le Supercoin, french beers only.

A great bar you should check : L'Express de Lyon but I don't think they have french beers at the moment

Shops :
    You can also check The Brewberry and Bieres Cultes.

You can find a map here : http://goo.gl/maps/7icrv

A nice article about the Paris scene :
    http://www.thedailybeast.com/articl...craft-beer-revolution-taking-over-france.html

8. rinhaak

rinhaak Savant (400) Massachusetts Jun 23, 2009

Thanks a bunch! I was able to lure her to Supercoin; she absolutely loved it. Great quaint spot, super knowledgable and friendly staff, local vibe, and good beer. Wish I could have tried more!