Park City

Discussion in 'Pacific' started by Skrip, Jan 17, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Skrip

Skrip Savant (1,132) Oct 7, 2012 New Jersey
    Trader

hey guys, i'll be heading to Park City tomorrow to do some boarding. we won't have a car but we will have a way to get into town, so my question is are there any good shops to pick up some good beer? also bar and restaurant recommendations would be greatly appreciated!

2. mikey451

mikey451 Crusader (457) Mar 11, 2003 Utah

The Bayou & Beerhive are your best bar options. Great selections, and the food at the Bayou is quite good.
    Most of the breweries downtown are close together and they have bottle shops but as far as one great shop there's not much. The Wine Store on 300 E. 300S. has pretty good selection. or the Wine Store @ 300 W 1600 S.

I recommend trying these seasonals, Squatters' 529 Oud Bruin - Uinta's Sea Legs Baltic Porter - Wasatch's Switch Ale - RedRock's Bobcat Brown & Epic's Brainless "Belgo" IPA. I hope that's helpful.

Cheers

3. Skrip

Trader

it looks like those two bars are in salt lake. i guess i should have been more clear, we'll have a way to get into the town of park city i assume. we're staying at the Zermatt Resort in Midway, which has free shuttles to the mountains and "into town" not exactly sure where that will take us. but we're hoping to have access to at least a few good and interesting brews and also some kind of super market so we can stock up on food.

4. StarRaptor

StarRaptor Initiate (0) Jun 8, 2010 California

Hit up Wasatch and Squatters in Park City

5. unclekeith

unclekeith Pooh-Bah (1,602) Sep 4, 2012 Alaska
    Pooh-Bah Deactivated

If you take the shuttle to Park City Mountain Resort, you'll be closest to the best bar, restaurant, and beer options. If you go to Deer Valley or Canyons your options will be limitted.

To get beer above 4% ABV, you'll need to go to a state run liquor store. I believe there is a liquor store walking distance from PCMR. Be aware all beer in UT on draft is 4% ABV or less. Wastach Brewery is at the top of Main Street in PC and has good brew and bar food and they serve higher alcohol beer in bottles. Some brewpubs sell bottles "to-go", but I'm not sure about Wasatch in PC.

The Sundance Film Fest starts today so PC will be extermely crowded. If you can talk your way into a private industry party (it can be done), all UT booze laws seem to go out the window.

6. Skrip

Trader

definitely want to hit that place up!

cool thanks for the info, we have a 4 day pass at Park City and 1 for Canyons so we will be at PC most of the time. what are some of the bars, restaurants, and the liquore store by PCMR called?

7. unclekeith

unclekeith Pooh-Bah (1,602) Sep 4, 2012 Alaska
    Pooh-Bah Deactivated

I lived there 6 years ago so I'm not sure what still is there. The liquor store is called "The State Liquor Store" and is in Old Town Park City. Old Town is the part of town closest to the resort. Main St. Pizza was really good and there was a great sushi place at the bottom of the Town Lift called Flying Sumo. O'Shucks was a fun bar that served huge goblets of 4% beer and you could throw your peanut shells on the floor.

Once you're on Main St, Park City, you really can't go wrong, but with Sundance getting a table could take some patience.

Have fun, enjoy the snow!

8. Skrip

Trader

awesome thanks man i really appreciate it!

9. EdH

EdH Crusader (449) Jul 27, 2005 Utah

Squatters is really close to the Park City resort; and there's a state liquor store about a block or two further northeast. The name of it is really just "State Liquor Store".

10. EdH

EdH Crusader (449) Jul 27, 2005 Utah

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.