Dismiss Notice
Sneak peek! BeerAdvocate magazine #104 (September 2015) featuring Leah & Oscar from Highland Brewing in Asheville, North Carolina. Learn more ...

Germany Park Pirminator?

Discussion in 'Europe' started by DinoFight, Apr 9, 2013.

1. DinoFight

DinoFight Aficionado (245) Arizona Jan 23, 2013

Searching for some Park Pirminator. I have tried the Trade Forums but it get buried so quickly by all the craft trades. I was stationed in Germany back in the early 90's, it was my first beer. Needless to say, can't get it here in the States but I would love to try it once again. Maybe more out of nostalgia as it has been a very long time since I have had one. Anyone in Germany looking to trade for something in the States? Message me and maybe we can work something out.

2. Gutes_Bier

Gutes_Bier Advocate (525) Germany Jul 31, 2011

Were you stationed in Kaiserslautern? Was this beer widely available there? I'm in Heidelberg, but have never seen it, so I don't know how much I can help, but I'm just curious as to where you bought it. If you bought it on base, I definitely can't help.

DinoFight likes this.
  3. DinoFight

I wasn't too far from Kaiserslautern. I was stationed in Neubruecke. I closed that base so don't even know what is there now. But it is right outside of Birkenfeld and about 30 minutes from Baulmholder.

Usually got the beer from the local German beer delivery guy. He would drive his delivery can around our barracks as we went down to meet him.

Found this on BA. The label is a different color. Mine is purple. It has been a while so not surprised it has changed. It is the correct beer though.
    http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/2706/7926

4. Stahlsturm

Stahlsturm Savant (430) Germany Mar 21, 2005

5. einhorn

einhorn Savant (480) California Nov 3, 2005 Verified

I never tried the doppelbock, but always found the Park/Bellheimer beers to be average at best. Maybe it's just me...

But, I understand about something being your "first" - has a lot of romance involved. Hope you enjoy it as much as the first time you tried it.

DinoFight likes this.
  6. DinoFight

Yep, being soooo long ago I would love to be able to try it again. My palate has changed quite a bit since then so I am curious to see how it stands up to my memory. Back in the day that was my introduction to beer. I remember being sent back to the Staes after my tour was up there and being very disappointed after trying my first Budweiser and Bud Light. Just didn't taste as good as the beers I had in Germany and Europe. This was before Craft beer was really around especially like it is now.