1. Extreme Beer Fest tickets go on sale Sat, Sep 27 @ Noon EDT.
  2. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  3. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Paulaner's First-Ever Sampler Party Pack Hits Store Shelves at the End of July

Discussion in 'Beer News' started by Jason, Jul 16, 2013.

1. Jason

Jason Founder (1,330) Massachusetts Aug 23, 1996 Staff Member

LITTLETON, CO (July 2013) – Paulaner is bringing you a lot to celebrate this summer with the first ever Limited Edition Okotberfest Variety Pack. Starting at the end of July the
    15-bottle sampler pack will be on the shelves nationwide, giving beer lovers an early taste of Okotberfest.

This is the first year Paulaner has ever released a party pack in celebration of Okotberfest. The 15 bottles include three Paulaner brews: Oktoberfest Wiesn, Oktoberfest Märzen, and Hefe-Weizen-Natural Wheat.

“These party packs will get Oktoberfest celebrations started off right with an eclectic group of traditional Bavarian brews,” said Catherine Parenteau, the U.S. brand manager for Paulaner.

The three beer choices in the sampler pack will have you feeling like you’re drinking brews at the event grounds in Munich. The Oktoberfest Wiesn is a golden-lager that was first brewed and sold exclusively at the Oktoberfest. The Oktoberfest Märzen is a golden, bottom-fermented, Bavarian beer with a mildly bitter taste that is also a specialty beer for fall celebrations in Munich. The Hefe-Weizen is a wheat, unfiltered beer that is naturally cloudy and refreshing, providing the perfect beer for the warm summer months.

With the help of the Paulaner line-up you will feel immersed in German tradition and ready to participate in Okotberfest festivities for the rest of the summer, whether or not your plans lead you to Munich this fall.

Paulaner HP USA, purveyor of the world’s finest beers, is headquartered in Littleton, Colo., and imports Paulaner, Hacker-Pschorr, Fuller’s, O’Hara’s Irish Stout, Fruli, Birra Dolomiti and Dixie beers, Vigna Dogarina and Cavallina wines, and Fuchen herbal liqueur. This list of fine imports is now available throughout the United States at upscale, on-premise establishments.

###

olekern likes this.
  2. steveh

steveh Advocate (705) Illinois Oct 8, 2003

I'm in!

If I can find one... Paulaner distribution is sort of lacking in my area.

3. I mean that's great and all, but I want 12pks of these liter cans, please

[​IMG]

4. grantcty

grantcty Aficionado (235) Minnesota Feb 17, 2008

As I posted in the Paulaner Wiesn in June thread, according to this: http://www.brewbound.com/news/paulaner-oktoberfest-sells-out-before-production, the brewery has already sold out of it. I wonder how many of these were produced. Regardless, they've all been snapped up by distributors so I'm hoping I'll be able to find it as well.

5. steveh

I have to dig around and find out who my local Paulaner distro is...

6. Hope to get my hands on some of this

7. Chaz

Chaz Champion (815) Minnesota Feb 3, 2002

12-packs? Interesting. The "six-packs" were making for excellent doorstops at some of the local retailers in my range for quite some time after the initial rush (by lager-lovin' "BA" sorts) to snap 'em up. :cool:

MYJELLOMISFIT likes this.
  8. sounds good to me.

9. Domingo

Domingo Champion (945) Colorado Apr 23, 2005

I'll be the negative guy - I wish they included the helles or (finally) introduced their bottled dunkel to the US instead ;)

yemenmocha, steveh and JackHorzempa like this.
  10. Did not see them here, I wish! We had the combo can/glass packs, but no multiples.

Chaz likes this.
  11. Buy the sampler, drink the wheat, save the Oktoberfest for two months. I am a man with a plan and a beer fridge!!!

12. Me too but I will take what I can get. Hopefully they see fit to bring it all to the U.S...in 16.9 oz bottles.

13. Domingo

I'll never quite get the lack of love for dunkels over here. Most people seem to really enjoy the Ayinger one. While that's definitely one of the best (if not the best) examples - even the mainstream ones taste somewhat similar when they're in dark bottles and served within a couple months. With Paulaner and H-P's freshness dating and dark bottles, I think they'd do great.

yemenmocha, grantcty and steveh like this.
  14. steveh

I've seen HB Dunkel at a couple spots recently and may pick some up soon to quench a thirst -- despite the green bottles and somewhat extravagant price tag.

In the meantime, I have a ping into Paulaner to find out whose cage I need to rattle about finding Paulaner products around me.

grantcty, ShogoKawada and Domingo like this.
  15. Domingo

Yeah, the HB is my go-to for imports While I pretty much never buy cases of anything (just this and GD Rumble), that's one of those items I will just to ensure that it hasn't been lightstruck and because the cases are dated.

16. grantcty

I love dunkels! ;)

I am lucky enough to have access to H-P's Alt Munich Dark in kegs here in the Twin Cities.

Chaz and steveh like this.
  17. I'm happy to see Paulaner Oktoberfest lineup hitting the stores, but, of that list, I would almost rather see more HP and Fuller's. I asked some locals what's going on with Germans and what I got was that they are getting good deals on Warsteiner, so that's what we're going to see this summer. Ugh. Given that Warsteiner cost as much per 12 as most competitors right now (SamA, Cisco, SN, Harpoon, Bass, etc.) and are carrying a $4 rebate until the end of the year (or $8 on 24), it seems to be very aggressively pushed this year. So I'm a bit skeptical about seeing more Germans in stores with any kind of regularity.

steveh likes this.
  18. steveh

I really didn't want to "like" this post because, really, I hate you. :D

grantcty likes this.
  19. steveh

Glad you pointed that out because I see Fullers at a few places where I don't see Paulaner or Hacker Pschorr -- gives me a clue as to who I might talk with.

VictorWisc likes this.
  20. Heidelberg7

Heidelberg7 Savant (310) Illinois Sep 13, 2008

Sounds good will have get some and compare to the original in Munich
    This yr will be my 17th straight Oktoberfest

21. Sorry to dig this up from the depths, but has anyone seen this anywhere yet?

22. godlessape

godlessape Savant (300) Georgia Dec 12, 2010

Can't wait to get my hands on one. Had my first Paulaner Oktoberfest last weekend and enjoyed the hell out of it.

23. I haven't seen this either, was it ever released?

24. steveh

Nope. Looked everywhere. Found some sixpacks of the Amber Märzen, but nothing else.

25. Same here. Some regular 12s, dated Octo 6s and that's it.

26. rgordon

rgordon Savant (370) North Carolina Apr 26, 2012

It is true that some of these lovely German brews get lost in the mix and sit around for a while. The good news is that no one bitches about 6 month old excellent German lager, while many very good high-hopped IPAs, etc. sit around and folks bitch like hell at dates past three months. What is wrong with your premise?

27. Daemose

Daemose Savant (450) Texas Oct 3, 2011

I love the Octoberfest Weizen

28. steveh

From Erdinger?

29. braugon

braugon Savant (355) Connecticut Mar 14, 2013

this is a great idea i will probably get this, although the marzen kinda tastes like rolaids to me, i prefer hacker, weihenstephaner and ayinger fests

30. ThirstyFace

ThirstyFace Initiate (0) New York Jan 11, 2013

Tried the weisn ont tap last night and it was awesome

31. grantcty

Has anyone actually seen or purchased this anywhere?

32. Domingo

I still haven't seen this and I work 10 minutes from the distributor.

33. bushhead

bushhead Zealot (95) Colorado May 6, 2006

Picked one up at Lukas this past Saturday. They seemed to have a pretty good supply. The Wiesn is delicious.

34. Domingo

Go figure - that's my main store, too. Guess I didn't look hard enough :p

35. grantcty

I found and picked one up today! I guess I wasn't looking in the right spots. :)

36. Alexmc2

Alexmc2 Savant (315) New Hampshire Jul 29, 2006

I work for a distributor and we don't have it yet. Not sure it'll make its way to NH :(