1. BeerAdvocate on your phone?! True story. Try the beta now.

[PDX] 10Barrel tap takeover at Apex

Discussion in 'US - Northwest' started by djbreezy, Jun 10, 2012.

1. djbreezy

djbreezy Member

What'd you all think?

I had fun. The Cynical CDA was mighty. Woo. Wanted to try the single hop but it was blown by the time I got there. We went after the Fruit Beer Fest.

Thoughts. Comments!?

[​IMG]
  2. honkduh

honkduh Member

This was my favorite....

“Mighty” #45 – Bourbon Maple is a Cascadian Dark Ale layered with vanilla and oak from aging in Kentucky bourbon barrels as well as Vermont maple syrup sugaring off the finish.
    djbreezy likes this.
  3. Mahlik

Mahlik Member

The Bourbon Maple was excellent. I was disappointed with the Pray for Brandy. I felt the beer gained nothing from being aged in brandy barrels. Overall, I was pleasantly surprised with a number of the offerings. I've never really been impressed with 10 Barrel beers in the past.
  4. honkduh

honkduh Member

Their sour was good too .
  5. djbreezy

djbreezy Member

What'd you folks think of the line-up overall? Think they're improving in terms of quality/taste with the new brewers, etc.?

I'm currently drinking an IPA from the 6 pack and I can confirm that the recipe change had a great effect on it. Much more hop forward and flavorful. Has a nice bite to it.
  6. Shmeal

Shmeal Member

Bourbon Maple blew my socks off. I haven't really liked 10 Barrel in the past, but they really stepped up their game after Shawn Kelso joined the crew.

I would do that Bourbon Maple over CBS in an instant.