1. The BeerAdvocate Store is back! Pre-order your stuff now. Items begin shipping Dec 15. Christmas deadline = Dec 18 @ 5pm EST.
  2. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  3. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

PDX best brewery

Discussion in 'US - Northwest' started by djbreezy, May 1, 2012.

?

If you had to choose one from the following, which is your favorite Portland brewery?

1. Deschutes

8 vote(s)
    11.9%
  2. Hair of the Dog

28 vote(s)
    41.8%
  3. Breakside

2 vote(s)
    3.0%
  4. Cascade Barrel House

14 vote(s)
    20.9%
  5. Hopworks

3 vote(s)
    4.5%
  6. Upright

10 vote(s)
    14.9%
  7. Widmer

1 vote(s)
    1.5%
  8. Lompoc

1 vote(s)
    1.5%
  9. Bridgeport

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. Laurelwood

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. cpinto6

cpinto6 Savant (365) Georgia Feb 25, 2010

Awesome, good to know!

2. John_M

John_M Moderator (1,110) Oregon Oct 25, 2003 Staff Member

The original, main brewery is in Bend, and yes that's a ways from Portland. However, there has also been a brewpub in downtown Portland for several years now (where you often find unusual "one off" and/or other experimental beers on tap). The brewpub also has most of the core beers, typically several things on cask and/or nitro, and usually one or two reserve beers (Abyss, Black Butte XX, Stoic, etc.).

3. Yeah, I heard about the mixed six-packs. That sounds amazing, just wondering what the price will be of those six packs. Should be a great day/weekend of beer for sure

4. ccrida

ccrida Advocate (535) Oregon May 26, 2006

I'll go with deschutes, especially since I'm sitting here right now enjoying one of their pub-only brews, Angler IPA 2.0, a very light malt (all pilsner and flaked oats), stronger ABV NW hop bomb, which is my preference in IPAs. I love a lot of the other breweries mentioned, but I end up here the most, primarily due to location and hours...and of course the big line-up of beers which are pretty cheap...the food is mostly solid as well, although I mostly just come for beer.

boMD likes this.
  5. m4ttj0nes

m4ttj0nes Aficionado (215) Oregon Feb 21, 2012

HotD for me, their rotating FTW tap keeps me coming back. I really enjoy splitting vintage bottles with friends as well as the fair food prices.

boMD likes this.