1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Peach, Blueberry, and other Fruit Beers?

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by HaveUSeenMyCellar, Jan 31, 2013.

1. SUBER

SUBER Aficionado (210) California Jan 26, 2013

Cigar City Guava Grove
    Awesome saison!
    dachshunddude86 likes this.
  2. Shmeal

Shmeal Advocate (520) Oregon Nov 9, 2009

Framboise for a Cure
  3. djsmith1174

djsmith1174 Savant (480) Minnesota Aug 21, 2005

I'm not sure others will agree, but I think New Belgium Frambozen is a really good raspberry brown ale. Look forward to it every winter.
  4. For your blueberry day, I highly recommend tracking down a bottle of Crooked Stave WWBI.
  5. szmnnl99

szmnnl99 Advocate (675) Michigan Apr 3, 2006

I love Short's (even Bloody Beer) but I found this to be a syrupy mess. Aprihop will be out in a couple of months. Sam Adams Whitewater IPA has a subtle apricot flavor too.
    Schwantz likes this.
  6. LambicKing

LambicKing Advocate (650) Florida Apr 13, 2011

Hardywood Park makes a strawberry. Not the best, but definitely worth inclusion.

If you are doing peach/apricot, I'd also include Nebraska's Apricot au Poivre...awesome.
  7. Hardywood Anniversary Ale (blackberry)
    I mean you could even throw in alot of off the wall Cantillon lambics.
    Cassis lambics
    Fullsteam Winter Warmer (persimmons) and Sparkling Pear
    Fatheads Bumbleberry (blueberry ale)
    Mash House in Fayetteville, NC has done a blueberry and strawberry blonde and a apricot hefe (apricot was the best).
    Great Lakes Alberta Clipper (Raspberry Belgian Dark Chocolate Porter)
    Highland Cold Mountain (cranberries added)
    Schwantz likes this.
  8. Rimbimhoot

Rimbimhoot Savant (425) Illinois Sep 26, 2012

Pipeworks Blue Lady for blueberry tasting
  9. RoninTK3

RoninTK3 Savant (290) New Hampshire Nov 12, 2012

Lindeman's has a solid, but overpriced peach brew. Love Festina Pesche.
  10. Sam Smith does a strawberry and I believe a raspberry. They are a wonderful brewery, in my opinion, so I'd check those out!
  11. Can't believe u missed that one.
    Awesome responses thus far. Keep em coming. :)
  12. Pipeworks has a blueberry, raspberry, and a cranberry berliner. All really good but the raspberry was the best IMO. They also just did a regular berliner that was quite tasty (obviously not fruited though) and I'm personally hoping for some other fruits to make their way in (peach? maybe age in a wine barrel for a month or so?)

Really surprised I didn't see anyone mention Pipeworks yet BTW...
  13. dan027

dan027 Savant (330) Pennsylvania Mar 28, 2011

Dogfish festina peche is pretty awesome in my opinion, also Dogfish Black and Blue and Bar Harbor Blueberry Ale, both of those are pretty subtle with the fruit flavor but I think I almost like them more for that reason
  14. not really my thing but it's out there:
    http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/22408/64360

back to the original topic of other fruit beers, I like abita strawberry, never cared much for the raspberry flavored abita purple haze.
    Didn't like the New Glarus Cherry, but the New Glarus raspberry was great.
  15. denver10

denver10 Champion (890) Kentucky Nov 17, 2010

Would have liked to have tried that one. Really enjoyed the original version.
    Schwantz likes this.
  16. Domingo

Domingo Champion (945) Colorado Apr 23, 2005

LOL...still one of the worst beers I've had in my life and I normally like fruit beers, too.
  17. MADPolo

MADPolo Initiate (0) Alabama Dec 19, 2012

Cigar City Peach IPA (Jai Alai w/ Peach) but it's CCB Tap room/growler only. If you have a friend though, you may get lucky.
    dachshunddude86 and Schwantz like this.
  18. Sweetwater Blue and Fat Head's Bumbleberry are two of my all time favorites. Gotta watch out on some of the fruit flavored beers though, they can really be a mess. Sea Dog, I'm looking at you.
    Schwantz likes this.
  19. savagepm

savagepm Savant (300) Pennsylvania Dec 12, 2011

Schwantz likes this.
  20. futura123

futura123 Savant (340) California Jul 29, 2010

Do a grape sour tasting. We have so many grape AWA/lambic like Cascade the Vine, Cuvee de Castleton, CS Oculus, Bruery Qui Qui, Pinotlambicus, Cantillon Vigneronne, St Lamvinus...On the rarer side we have Veritas 005, 3F Malvasia Rosso, Cantillon Don Quijote, Cantillon Pinot d'Aunis/Zwanze 2011....
  21. Schwantz

Schwantz Savant (390) Florida Dec 16, 2012

Does this count....
    [​IMG]
    tinypyramids and RPH2327 like this.
  22. polisanl

polisanl Savant (260) Florida Aug 6, 2010

Miami Madness, PFDF and all other berliners from Wakefield are seen at festivals and tap takeovers throughout the year. Amongst others, we served Phat Bottom (apple) and PFDF 2 weeks ago at the Miami Beer Festival. Not only do they exist, but more will be seen as the brewery is aiming to open this year in Miami.
  23. DFH does some great fruit beers. Those mentioned above + Aprihop and (hope you have one aging in the cellar 'cause it may be your last [but they also said that about WWS])... Fort!
  24. Cascades Apricot is pretty good
  25. I thought they said some kegs were hitting distro?
  26. Hardywood had a Blackberry Wit that was decent. I don't remember what percentage of the Anniiversary Ale was actually Blackberry. I think it was a 20% mix.
  27. MADPolo

MADPolo Initiate (0) Alabama Dec 19, 2012

I think they are, I just assumed he wasn't from Florida.
    dachshunddude86 likes this.
  28. Willbfun

Willbfun Aficionado (150) New York Sep 28, 2012

kona brewing has a wailua summer seasonal with passion fruit in it. I had a six of that over the summer. I prefer there big wave golden ale & koko brown ale with coconut
    zestd likes this.
  29. Willbfun

Willbfun Aficionado (150) New York Sep 28, 2012

brainless on peaches by Epic was incredible I it had during the early summer outside on a lounge chair with my feet on the sides, in the grass. with its 10% abv it gets better when it warms up a bit.
  30. CityofBals

CityofBals Initiate (0) Illinois Sep 12, 2012

Cedar aged Jai Alai with peaches is the best peach beer, even IPA, that I've had.
  31. RJ Rockers Son of a Peach
    Abita's Purple Haze
  32. The girlfriend loves this, I do not, to me its a carbonated strawberry daquiry.

[​IMG]
  33. Rosty

Rosty Aficionado (190) New York Nov 29, 2006

The Bruery Sour in the Rye w/ Peaches. Oh wait. . .
  34. MarcatGSB

MarcatGSB Initiate (0) Michigan Jan 8, 2011

Soft Parade uses four different berries from Michigan. Yum Yum.
    Fondly referred to as the "Panty Dropper" by Joe's grandmother.
  35. maltmaster420

maltmaster420 Savant (450) Oregon Aug 17, 2005

36. jrbchef

jrbchef Savant (265) Connecticut Feb 24, 2011

I typically don't like flavored beers, but during the summer there is something about Sea Dog Blueberry Wheat that is so good.
  37. zestd

zestd Savant (345) Idaho Jan 18, 2013

The only fruit beer I have dug is Kona's Wailua Wheat (passion fruit)...very tasty.
  38. Probably the odd man out here but IMO, fruit and beer do not belong in the same sentence (or beer). But then I am a hop-head.
  39. Scaldis Peche Mel
    Cisco Bike Pedaler Blueblerry Bleer