1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Peach Sours

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by kevindwyer, Jun 13, 2014.

1. I love this style and was looking for some recommendations. I of course know of fuzzy, but have heard it doesn't live up to the hype. Any suggestions?
  2. Pechish Woods is quite good. And it's obtainable
  3. Flight317

Flight317 Savant (315) Indiana Aug 10, 2013

Upland peach lambic
    mpayne5 and CreamandCrimson like this.
  4. MtnSoup

MtnSoup Aficionado (145) Colorado May 20, 2013

AC Golden Hidden Barrel Peche is delicious. Obtainable here in CO from time-to-time.
    cultclassic89 likes this.
  5. Whoever told you it doesn't live up to the hype is probably somebody who was angry that they didn't get a bottle or 2 themselves! The stuff is incredible! Spontaneous Cheer is out of this world, but even harder to come by than Fuzzy! Peche 'n Brett is excellent, and though I haven't had it I've heard great things about Sour in the Rye w/ Peaches (I've had the regular, and the versions w/ Sour Cherries and w/ Kumquats and they're all very good). Oh, and Brandy Barrel Peche is supposed to be really good as well!
  6. JDV

JDV Advocate (570) Texas Nov 24, 2007

7. atpca

atpca Advocate (515) California Jun 10, 2013

Not sure *any* beer can live up to the Fuzzy hype... SitR w/Peaches was really good, Peche 'n Brett is delicious, Home Sour Home from the Rare Barrel was good if a little odd...
  8. nophunk

nophunk Aficionado (230) Louisiana Nov 27, 2011

3 people I trust around the country (2 VT, 1 TX) have echoed this statement. My boy in TX didn't even have to trade for it. I do have one friend in Chicago who swears by it, but that's not a solid ratio for such a whale.

I think Peche n Brett is amazing, although it's technically a fruited saison and not a wild ale. I wish I had a case of that stuff on hand for summer.
  9. mph005

mph005 Aficionado (215) Texas Nov 25, 2013

Peche n Brett is my favorite that I've been able to try. Not exactly super sour, but does fall into the wild category. Upland peach is an awesome lambic, but was so tart I didn't taste any of the peaches.
  10. leftoverburrito

leftoverburrito Savant (405) Oregon Sep 29, 2011

11. I thought spontaneous cheer was simply amazing. It was head and shoulders better then anything else I had that day. Peche n Brett is really good, as well as turbulent consequence premier peche
  12. Domingo

Domingo Champion (945) Colorado Apr 23, 2005

Try to find a bottle of New Belgium's Eric's Ale.
    They last bottled it 3 years ago but are supposedly making more in the next year.
    Geuzedad likes this.
  13. TheBrewo

TheBrewo Advocate (645) Michigan Nov 11, 2010

I think you meant apricot.
    bushycook likes this.
  14. Goose Island Halia is outstanding. I'm not sure how easy it is to get but I can still get some.
  15. I thought Freetail Peche'cus was fantastic.
    thewrongtone likes this.
  16. leprakhan

leprakhan Savant (355) California Dec 28, 2009

Peche n Brett was great!
  17. Alpine chez Monus, gonna be tough to trade for though
  18. I came in here to mention Le Terroir which may be up there with SitR as my favorite sour. I think the dry hopping with Citra gives a very pungent dry peach aroma. I had one Le Terroir very fresh and one about 6 months later and the fresh was definitely better and featured more of the dry hopping. In fact fresh Le Terroir is almost a sour IPA.
  19. cultclassic89

cultclassic89 Savant (410) Texas Oct 19, 2013

This right here. Had it at a sour share. Best MillerCoors beer ever.

Haven't had it yet, but I've got a bottle of Almanac's Brandy Barrel Peche that I'm pretty excited to try. Jester King will also be releasing a peach sour later this year, so that will probably be pretty awesome.
    MtnSoup likes this.
  20. Reigning champ of peach sours
    [​IMG]

This was awesome as well
    [​IMG]
  21. Jared14

Jared14 Aficionado (210) Missouri Apr 1, 2014

I bought Fuzzy at release day and it's fantastic. Not worth the crazy trade required to get one though. Upland peach was good, very tart, but almost no fruit. Perennial peach Berliner Weisse is ok and I've heard nothing but good things about Peche n Brett. I can still get Halia in my area. Only a few bottles left but at 24.99 not many are buying it.
  22. Biff_Tannen

Biff_Tannen Savant (275) Missouri Dec 8, 2013

Halifax tastes like water with a peach soaked in it for an hour compared to Fuzzy. Fuzzy rulez
  23. cultclassic89

cultclassic89 Savant (410) Texas Oct 19, 2013

But Aurelian is apricot!

I'm still jealous though.
    BeerBaron666 likes this.
  24. Brandy barrel peche, Fantasia, and sitr with peaches are all great. My peche n Brett was smashed by FedEx before it got to me unfortunately.:(

Spontaneous Cheer was terrific .​
  25. Biff_Tannen

Biff_Tannen Savant (275) Missouri Dec 8, 2013

Obviously I meant Halia
  26. shit ur right. you win this round. :mad:

but i will have my revenge!
  27. Dupage25

Dupage25 Savant (330) Antarctica Jul 4, 2013

Goose Island Halia. Might even be easy to find.
  28. thewrongtone

thewrongtone Savant (380) Texas Oct 15, 2006

I am cosigning this statement.
    huddyball likes this.
  29. fuzzy, chez monus, brandy barrel peche, peche n brett are pretty amazing, I think veritas 013 (V013) also has peaches in it as well
  30. JDV

JDV Advocate (570) Texas Nov 24, 2007

Joe Peche was delicious today. (That's what she said)
  31. Dogfish Head Festina Peche. Should be rolling out soon (with the creepy new label).
  32. Danny1217

Danny1217 Advocate (645) Florida Jul 15, 2011

Yeah. If we're counting apricot, I could just say Fou Foune and everyone who tried to say otherwise would be wrong.
  33. Lindemans Peche has been one of my favorite sours since the first time i tried it.
  34. DrunkAl

DrunkAl Savant (280) Illinois Apr 22, 2014

New Glarus Very Sour Peach, if you start camping out now you might have a shot at one.
  35. RockAZ

RockAZ Savant (320) Arizona Jan 6, 2009