1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Peche Mortel availability in SoCal

Discussion in 'US - Pacific' started by davidsk, Jun 16, 2012.

1. davidsk

davidsk Zealot (85) California Sep 12, 2008

Anybody still carry these? I know the Bruery Provisions had it as recently as last year, but they've since stopped carrying these. Anyone know of a store that sells these in LA County/OC?

Thanks.
  2. nicks6217

nicks6217 Savant (320) California Jan 15, 2010

You might want to call wallys, I think I saw some there.
  3. vacax

vacax Advocate (620) California Jun 3, 2008

I've seen it at a number of stores lately. Stearns Liquor and Total Wine to name a couple. The price keeps going up though. I remember picking this one up for $3.99 a couple years back but not I'm seeing it for $5-6.
  4. jamex

jamex Savant (275) California Feb 13, 2010

Saw it in San Diego few days ago.
  5. davidsk

I'll try Stearns. Which Total Wine?
  6. davidsk

Thanks guys. Keep it coming, if anyone else spotted it recently.
  7. vacax

vacax Advocate (620) California Jun 3, 2008

The new one in HB
  8. Northridge Total Wine had some recently too.
  9. Whole Foods in Tustin
  10. davidsk

Fantastic. Thanks for all the suggestions.
  11. davidsk

Haven't been having a whole lot of luck with this one so far. Tried Stearns a couple of times with no luck, and called Whole Foods Tustin but wasn't able to get through to the beer rep. I talked to the guy at Stearns, who said that Peche's largely dried up here in SoCal, and it arrives in waves, and is snatched up quickly when it does arrive.

Anybody know of a retailer that carries it right now? I haven't seen it anywhere yet. I'd call around more, but I want to see if I could turn to the wisdom of the BA masses for sightings one more time before doing so.

If all else fails, I'd be happy to trade for a few reasonably fresh bottles. If you have bottles on hand less than, say, 4 months old, and you can meet me sometime in Whittier, Downey, Fullerton, Long Beach, or any city adjacent to one of these, I'd be happy to try and work something out. Message me.

Thanks in advance.
  12. davidsk

Bump. Anyone?
  13. total wine tustin had a few bottles as of a couple hours ago.
  14. They haven't sent any out for distribution in the last 10 months that I know of. Dieu Du Ciel beers are distributed by the4 Shelton Brothers in the US and it hasn't been listed on the so-cal list for a long time. I have a very limited number of bottles left at Steingarten LA on the bottle list for on-premise consumption. It is also available on the bottle list at Beachwood BBQ. I really love that beer! I think it's one of the most underrated coffee stouts in the world.
  15. Zerric

Zerric Aficionado (125) California Jun 30, 2010

Putting Mortel, and Aphrodite (Aphrodisiac)on the shelves at Stearns again
  16. cavedave

cavedave Champion (930) New York Mar 12, 2009

Mmm, Aphrodite, like a beer milkshake in the best possible way. And Peche Mortel, what can you say that hasn't been said? Enjoy!