1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

peche n brett, and abyss/butte 24

Discussion in 'US - Northwest' started by jefeld, Jan 17, 2013.

1. jefeld

jefeld Aficionado (185) Illinois Mar 31, 2010

are these available anywhere on shelves anymore in portland area, or done did for the season?
  2. m4ttj0nes

m4ttj0nes Aficionado (215) Oregon Feb 21, 2012

butte 24 is around in the remote shops/stores, other 2 are gone.
  3. what was the release date for PnB? I have a hard time keeping track of when that releases.
  4. maltmaster420

maltmaster420 Savant (440) Oregon Aug 17, 2005

January 9th, give or take a day depending on the store.
  5. guajolote

guajolote Savant (400) Oregon Sep 12, 2008

I've heard from a reliable source that there will be a 2nd bottling of this years' Peche n' Brett. No info on when or how much though.
  6. kscaldef

kscaldef Advocate (680) Oregon Jun 11, 2010

I suppose that's possible, but it seems like an awfully strange thing to do with a seasonal fruit beer. Also, I have some skepticism about any source that isn't Chuck or Dave; and if one of them is your source, why not say so?

Now, Chuck has said that they varied the amount of priming sugar (juice) in the bottling run, so there's two different carbonation levels in the bottles out there currently. Maybe that's what your source meant.
  7. guajolote

The source is a guy who is friends with Chuck. He's not on BA, so I didn't think it was relevant. He told me "they still have some that's not bottled" about a week ago. I'm just speculating based on info I have. Probably shouldn't have posted it. Disregard.
  8. 2:30 pm today (Friday) Sellwood New Seasons had either 5-6 bottles of peche-n-brett. Now they have 4 or 5.
  9. BeerBaronPDX

BeerBaronPDX Zealot (95) Oregon Dec 26, 2008

The Whole Foods near me has Peche 'n Brett for $18 or $19 per bottle. Does that seem a bit pricey or am I just cheap?
  10. kscaldef

kscaldef Advocate (680) Oregon Jun 11, 2010

That's about the lowest price I've seen for it (BeerMongers was $18.50). You're just cheap :p
  11. Just found (2) Peche n Brett at Whole Foods - NE Fremont for $18.99. Best price I've seen (sorry, I bought both)

Edit: Caps & Corks, NW Lovejoy/17th, just sold their last PnB bottle around 1pm today, I was told (received a case Friday afternoon). And they *hope* for another case *soon*. So it's possible this is still around at a few places and/or will be back soon...
  12. oregone

oregone Savant (365) Oregon Jul 2, 2008

Huh. Still out there. Well, if anyone sees an extra one or two, I'd be incredibly grateful for the help... Come through PDX every couple weeks now.
  13. DimensionX

DimensionX Savant (325) Oregon Oct 1, 2010

I've got one for you if you are still ISO
  14. Mages64

Mages64 Savant (370) Washington Sep 7, 2009

peche and brett is being delivered around seattle tomorrow and Wednesday. It is approved for Whole Foods so check there too. All the usual places should get it but it is limited to one case per account.
    Abyss is still lurking around at West Seattle Thriftway.
  15. googzoid10

googzoid10 Aficionado (120) Oregon Nov 10, 2008

Hop and Grape (I think it was called) in Longview, Wa had Abyss, Black Butte 24, and the Dissident as of a month ago. Might be worth a phone call at least.
  16. oregone

oregone Savant (365) Oregon Jul 2, 2008

Yes please.
  17. queens1130

queens1130 Savant (320) California Nov 21, 2008

hi all! i highly doubt that peche n/ brett will last til i get to seattle feb 1st-5th. if anyone has one up for trade i can bring west coast goodies out of distro or some interesting things, just shoot me a BM if interested, cheers!
  18. I looked everywhere today for Peche with no luck.
  19. Nothing at Whole Foods RSQ tonight.
  20. Bottleworks has Peche n Brett in stock. Down in Auburn at work still, hopefully I can score some when I get home.
    jpbebeau likes this.
  21. dirtylou

dirtylou Champion (760) Washington May 12, 2005

I am not optimistic this will be available when i can get there (730) so im hoping this shows up elsewhere today as well...
  22. I called 99 Bottles since I'm down in South King County right now, they had no clue if and when they'd get it.

Fingers crossed I can get one bottle later today. Can't leave work until 3:30 or so.
  23. Congratulations, Washingtonians, you now have rare beer!
  24. yojimbo1

yojimbo1 Initiate (0) Kansas Feb 26, 2012

Any chance this'll come up to Snohomish Co? Sounds like something that won't make it up here.
  25. pjdipes

pjdipes Disciple (70) Washington Nov 18, 2012

...checked whole foods lynnwood about 2 hours ago, nothing yet.
  26. waltersrj

waltersrj Initiate (0) Washington Dec 16, 2010

That whole thread was about Rare Beer that we produce...Logsdon's = Oregon so still no luck lol. :)
  27. rudzud

rudzud Advocate (620) Massachusetts Apr 28, 2010

Not to thread jump, but I will happily trade hill farmstead for peche n brett.
  28. Shmeal

Shmeal Advocate (520) Oregon Nov 9, 2009

But you guys can find it in WA when OR's all dried up! You has rare beer!
    writerLJBerg likes this.
  29. waltersrj

waltersrj Initiate (0) Washington Dec 16, 2010

Apparently only the part-time or unemployed people in this area can get it lol. I called everywhere at 4 p.m. after work and they were ALL GONE. Dammit.
    dirtylou likes this.
  30. Did all Whole Foods get it? I didn't even bother trying as I assumed as much.
  31. honkduh

honkduh Savant (305) Oregon Jun 2, 2011

Brouwers just posted on FB that they got some in.
  32. Gee, I wonder why it's all gone in OR...
  33. Shmeal

Yeah, I really should have hoarded them all instead of distributing them to people who got shut out + Oaked Canuck.
  34. bfg75

bfg75 Aficionado (230) Washington Feb 26, 2011

Brouwer's has some for on-site consumption...
  35. honkduh

honkduh Savant (305) Oregon Jun 2, 2011

Wasn't this brought up by the same person in another thread?
  36. Shmeal

Possibly? I have the memory of a retarded goldfish
  37. guajolote

Shmeal bought the ONLY case of Peche 'n Brett in Oregon? What an asshole! o_O
  38. Shmeal

It was the MASTER CASE! It had 80 inner cases with 12 bottles per inner case.

I had to get it out of the store with a forklift
    libbey and guajolote like this.
  39. I was hoping for a TARDIS case, but it turns out it really was a police phone box and there was a homeless guy in there who smelled like pee.
    oregonskibum likes this.
  40. Shmeal

Homeless guy must have been drinking hopslam
    hopsbreath and writerLJBerg like this.