1. Extreme Beer Fest. March 20 & 21, 2015 in Boston, Mass. Join us!
  2. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  3. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

peche n brett, and abyss/butte 24

Discussion in 'US - Northwest' started by jefeld, Jan 17, 2013.

1. Logsdon are super talented, don't rain on their parade.

hint hint seattle. bought one 40 minutes ago for $18.99, they've got most of a case left.

jpbebeau likes this.
  2. honkduh

honkduh Savant (315) Oregon Jun 2, 2011

Pretty good hint

3. jpbebeau

jpbebeau Savant (350) Washington Sep 11, 2011

For $18.99 I expect better waxing. For shame.
    I found two there last night.

4. maltmaster420

maltmaster420 Savant (450) Oregon Aug 17, 2005

Getting any sort of wax job for under $20 is a good deal. Most places charge $50-60 for a Brazilian.

5. podunkparte

podunkparte Initiate (0) Washington Nov 14, 2009

Shit! Gotta work. Maybe they'll have one left tomorrow for my birthday!

Lordkrystic likes this.
  6. Give 'em call, the guy working held one for me while I drove home from Auburn.

7. dirtylou

dirtylou Champion (785) Washington May 12, 2005

5:56 : "They are out"

8. draheim

draheim Poobah (1,040) Washington Sep 18, 2010

I was just there at 4:45, none in sight. Do you have to ask for it or somthing?

9. suncrust

suncrust Savant (295) Washington Apr 17, 2011

It's bee wax. All Logsdon stuff is. Super classy IMO.

ThePorterSorter and jpbebeau like this.
  10. KiMiRaiK

KiMiRaiK Initiate (0) Washington Dec 24, 2012

5 bottles left at Pint Defiance in Tacoma (Fircrest?). 1 per person, $20.00

Lordkrystic likes this.
  11. So when I called at 2pm, the guy said they had a case left. I put one on hold and stopped in at 3:15 and grabbed the one on the counter. Maybe I bought the last one and he meant that they got a case in. Who knows...

12. draheim

1. You can "put one on hold"? That's good to know.
    2. I was home all day today, 8 blocks from that store. Can't believe I didn't even think to stop by until I headed out to pick up my daughter from school. (Didn't see your post til I got home later)
    3. Oh well. At least I have a $12 bottle of BCBS to keep me warm.

KiMiRaiK likes this.
  13. KiMiRaiK

Meh... BCBS can go (do something I cannot say w/o being banned)

Hope it's as good for you as it is for the hoarders...

Plz inform us.

14. I'm not sure if they always do holds, but Kai is a cool guy and didn't seem to care.

15. ellswrth

ellswrth Savant (355) Oregon Oct 7, 2003

Last night there were 4 cases of 2012 The Abyss sitting in the beer section at the QFC on East Burnside and 55th in Portland. $13.99

16. RedMedicine

RedMedicine Savant (340) Oregon Jun 3, 2005

Two bottles of peche n Brett at whole foods in Tigard. 18.99, I passed so have at'em.

17. ellswrth

Not anymore. There was one left when I got there, but a Whole Foods employees snatched it up before I could. Lame.

18. Malt & Vine in Redmond tweeted around 3pm that they had one lone case. I only noticed now though, and figuring I couldn't make it out there until about 5:30, I didn't go.

Upon reading that tweet, I nearly up and left to grab my keys, but then decided not to.

Lieutenant Me: "I think we can handle one quick bottle of Peche 'n' Brett. I sent two units. They're bringing her in now."
    Agent Smith: "No, lieutenant. Your men are already dead."

/crestfallen.co.jp

19. Wow, I feel kinda special for actually snagging a bottle.

20. RedMedicine

I considered hiding them in the beer cooler for a lucky BA :) Really lame if WF employee was on the clock, not so much otherwise, IMO.

21. RedMedicine

Nice tip and really surprised that it is still around in that quantity.

22. There's also at least 10 bottles of Dissident available at Barbur World - 14.99$ I think.

theveganbrewer and ellswrth like this.
  23. KiMiRaiK

Skep & Skein has about 8 bottles of both of these (forgot the prices as I bought them impaired...). 99 bottles has a grip of Dissident (did not check pricing)

24. crusian

crusian Advocate (620) Oregon May 14, 2010

Anyone else wondering why it is 18.99 in Washington, and 19.99 in Oregon? Lol.

25. kscaldef

kscaldef Advocate (725) Oregon Jun 11, 2010

Prices I saw in Oregon ranged from $18.50 to $22. I'm unclear what you're trying to say.

26. Lazerlobe

Lazerlobe Savant (305) Washington Mar 1, 2010

Oregon is always cheaper than WA. Taxes and stuff.

27. KiMiRaiK

I think it depends more on the seller then the region. Like kscaldef said, the price ranges and it's up to you to decided whether or not it's worth it.

28. draheim

With sales tax, it's $20.89 in Washington, and $19.99 in Oregon. But they're not trusted to pump their own gas.

KiMiRaiK likes this.
  29. oregone

oregone Savant (375) Oregon Jul 2, 2008

Is that what they feed my car when it's hungry?
    On a side note, Washington service is horrible. I was almost done with my taquito before our server offered my car anything.

woemad, 66jzmstr, queens1130 and 3 others like this.
  30. Sarlacc83

Sarlacc83 Advocate (620) Oregon Mar 2, 2008

It's not every place that has deaths from a freak gasoline fight accident.

31. queens1130

queens1130 Savant (330) California Nov 21, 2008

[​IMG]

32. I could have sworn they said they were working on more peche n Brett to release soon and that they'd have an oak bretta read soon.

33. Was in PDX over the weekend. Grabbed 3 bottles of Peche 'N Brett at Cheese Bar on Saturday the 26th. They had more. Also picked up Pliny and Enjoy by IPA. How is it that some random Canadian can come down to PDX and find bottles the locals have a hard time finding? Lucky me :D

34. Nice to here the trip went well. Never heard of Cheese Bar but they seem to have a nice beer menu. How many Pliny's did they have?

35. I grabbed 2 Pliny, they were bottled last week of December so still pretty fresh I'm hoping. Didn't ask how many they had but they weren't displayed only on the menu. I'm guessing they have a few if they let me get 2. Was with my buddy but we paid separately. They didn't mention anything about limits for any of the bottles. Had lots of other goodies too. Think they mark up a bit but hey for rare bottles I don't mind, especially since we'll never see some of it up North.

Also traded for a Fantasia while there ;) and we cracked 1 of the Peche that night, so good!

theveganbrewer likes this.
  36. Do they have a pretty good selection of other beers? Might head over there tomorrow to check em out and hit up John's on the way home.

37. i got mine for 12 ;).

38. ellswrth

I hope you're right!

39. They're pretty decent. You won't find anything you can't find anywhere else - but stuff stays on the shelf (actually just a big walk-in cooler) longer then most places in town. I'm there often for their awesome international food - it's a nice bonus that I can normally pick up a bottle of something nice.

40. ellswrth

I just stopped over at the Cheese Bar and they're out of P&B and Pliny. He thinks there will be more of both "soon".