1. Extreme Beer Fest. March 20 & 21, 2015 in Boston, Mass. Join us!
  2. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  3. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Perennial Artisan Ales Barrel Aged ABRAXAS

Discussion in 'Beer Releases' started by Chuck5315, Jan 22, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chuck5315

Chuck5315 Aficionado (120) Missouri Apr 18, 2012

Here are the details about our Barrel-aged Abraxas Release....

January will kick off a five month run in which Perennial Artisan Ales will release a different barrel-aged beer each month, beginning with Barrel-aged Abraxas. It will be released at 4:00 PM on Thursday, January 24th and will be available only in our tasting room. It will be sold on a first come, first serve basis for $23/750 ml bottle with a six bottle limit per person. Barrel-aged Abraxas is an Imperial Stout aged for one year in Rittenhouse Rye barrels with cacao nibs, cinnamon sticks, ancho chiles & vanilla beans. Barrel-aged Abraxas took home a silver medal in the Experimental Beer Category at the Festival of Wood and Barrel-aged Beers in Chicago in 2012.

Thanks so much!
    [​IMG]

2. jsjames

jsjames Aficionado (145) Illinois Dec 24, 2008

I would love to get my hands on a bottle or two of this. Sounds good.

3. Now I just need to find a trading partner that has some extra.

4. claspada

claspada Advocate (640) New Jersey Sep 27, 2007

Any chance you can leak what the next 4 releases will be...

5. Chuck5315

Feb- Sump BA Imperial Coffee Stout (Bourbon Barrel Imperial Coffee Stout in collaboration with Sump Coffee here in Saint Louis)
    March- Barrel Aged 17 (Bourbon Barrel Mint Chocolate Stout)
    April- Savant Beersel (American Wild Ale w/ Missouri red wine grapes)
    May- BA Brett Brown (yet to be formally named)

6. Bay01

Bay01 Savant (445) Illinois Nov 19, 2008

If there are any locals who would be able to "trustee" these releases for a combination of beer and currency, BM me.

7. ISO. Got some NC BA goodness (BASC, ORF, Event Horizon) if anyone is interested in a swap.

8. redblacks75

redblacks75 Savant (440) Iowa Oct 29, 2010

Will any of these be bottled? Trying to visit a friend in St. Louis, and any of these would be an even better excuse to make it down.

9. AJDePaul

AJDePaul Savant (290) Illinois Jun 29, 2012

Looking for a trustee for this as well... once Bay01 is taken care of, if there is anyone willing to goandpickitupformebro and send, their box will return to them non-empty-like.

10. Tnudish

Tnudish Initiate (0) Wisconsin Feb 16, 2012

Pretty sure they are all being bottled

You guys should just send all these bottles to Chicago and totally snub the locals again:rolleyes:

11. thanks for the info - looking forward to the release on thursday!

:cool:

12. soughtbygod

soughtbygod Savant (295) California Apr 27, 2011

If anyone is going and willing to set up a monthly trade of this to me of each release BM me as i will make it worth your while i think it would be fun to collect all twelve and do a tasting in December thanks.

13. evilcatfish

evilcatfish Advocate (515) Missouri May 11, 2012

I'm pumped for Thursday

Mjmoser likes this.
  14. JustinF

JustinF Aficionado (110) Missouri Feb 26, 2012

I'm looking forward to it as well- supposed to be about 23 degrees about the time I imagine people will start lining up.. Hats, gloves and bottles to share will be a must.

15. Beach_Bum

Beach_Bum Aspirant (45) Illinois Oct 24, 2012

not a fan, to each his own.

16. Mr_Brodie

Mr_Brodie Zealot (90) New York Dec 13, 2012

Hopefully they serve some while you are waiting on line out in the cold. Alchemist does it while waiting for Heady...
    If anyone is interested.... I would send $ ahead of time for a bottle, then return a box filled with treats. One bolttle would be good enough, possibly two for the March Mint Chocolate. If anyone is interested BM me.

17. $23 is crazy! Considering that's what Abraxas costs in Chicago. I expected it to be at least $30. Luckies!

18. azaaron

azaaron Aficionado (120) Arizona Mar 11, 2010

I am bummed Im going to miss this one...I used to live in St Louis and Abraxas is one of my favorites! Im in the same boat as other people here...Ill send $ ahead of time for 1 bottle and send something for your efforts!!! Im concerned with the ISO:FT threads about to come for these and that they are going to be outrageous. BM me if anyone is willing!

19. Sounds great. Regular Abraxas is quite something.

ABisonEgo and Lordkrystic like this.
  20. Jeffo

Jeffo Advocate (650) Netherlands Sep 7, 2008

Crossing my fingers that some of this makes its way to me in Holland. The regular Abraxas was a beauty!

Cheers,
    Jeff

Lordkrystic and andrejes like this.
  21. coachdicarlo

coachdicarlo Initiate (0) Missouri Apr 20, 2012

sounds like you haven't tried it yet

Lordkrystic, beerguystl and JustinF like this.
  22. beerguystl

beerguystl Initiate (20) Jan 23, 2013

Agreed. This is the absolute best beer I have had all year! And I got to try the BA version at Fobab and it was even better if that is possible!!

dmeadows likes this.
  23. quick question about tomorrows release - are credit cards accepted?? I'm guessing so, I'd simply like to confirm. Many thanks in advance.....

24. Chuck5315

Yes. Credit or cash.

25. Duffman929

Duffman929 Savant (380) Illinois Nov 27, 2010

Heard it's already a cluster there.

26. Did this sell out yesterday?

27. FTowne

FTowne Initiate (0) Missouri Jan 27, 2012

An hour before the brewery even opened.

28. wow that crazy! But am I surprised...no. Beer nerds tend to like beer...

29. FTowne

Glad that I didn't bother going down there.

pschul4 and ehammond1 like this.
  30. What is the bottle count on BA Abraxas?

31. FTowne

720 I believe.

ABisonEgo likes this.
  32. yeah that why it was gone so quick...insta whale

33. chuckycheese

chuckycheese Aficionado (170) Maine Feb 18, 2010

saw mention of some dude rolling 16 mules deep, 100 bottles for himself, staggering if true.

34. mahak213

mahak213 Savant (325) New York Mar 5, 2012

I don't even have 16 friends I could convince to come with me. This is both impressive and scummy at the same time.

ABisonEgo, TATURBO and SalukiAlum like this.
  35. rtodaizh

rtodaizh Aspirant (25) Jan 22, 2013

They weren't even friends. Total randoms that didn't even look like they were there for themselves. It looked like he put an ad out on Craigslist or something.

36. Lukahn

Lukahn Aficionado (155) Missouri Apr 13, 2012

His name is matt rittenberg and yes it is true, He paid random people on the street to stand in line for him to get 60+ bottles. Extremely dick move on his part and I hope no one trades with this guy for this shitty move on his part. Soon as he got the bottles he started asking for whales and such.

huadog, Chuck5315, VonZipper and 5 others like this.
  37. FTowne

Homeless people perhaps?

KWMiles likes this.
  38. It definitely appeared there was a dude texting random people that walked in off the street. I was fairly early in line and after I got my bottles I walked through the line again and there were at least 4-5 people in line that very obviously did not know what they were buying. It seriously looked like this guy just pulled junkies off the street. That said, I know almost all of my friends got bottles and we made sure those who weren't there got hooked up. If this dude really got as many bottles as people are saying I hope karma comes back to get him.

On a brighter note, this was an extremely well run event. Perennial could not have done a better job, especially given they've never done anything like this before. Massive kudos to them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.