Perennial Artisan Ales Barrel Aged ABRAXAS

Discussion in 'Beer Releases' started by Chuck5315, Jan 22, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Duffman929

Duffman929 Savant (380) Illinois Nov 27, 2010

I just can't believe the guys at the brewery believed I was bringing back all of those bottles for my girlfriend, who died of cancer, came back to life, and whose only wish was to taste BA Abraxas. Didn't even need to see her in person. Suckers.

jmgrub and poonamibaxter like this.
  2. I said jokingly one day that at some time, one person was going to buy the entire relapse of some beer release. It could happen with an army of mules. It could happen. The forums will be entertaining that day for sure.

maximum12, JoEBoBpr and SalukiAlum like this.
  3. Mkg44

Mkg44 Zealot (75) Michigan Nov 22, 2010

If you guys want to know who it is post a thread : "ISO: 100 bottles BA Abraxas FT:List". Whoever responds is your man. I think I met this guy at an event in MI, was showing off a pic of his 45 cases of BCBS. Pretty lame, I'm guessing he's selling beer on eBay.

4. Photekut

Photekut Initiate (0) Tennessee Mar 31, 2006

Why do so many people seemingly know who this guy is, but refuse to out his BA name?

I am a firm believer that this attitude is why bad traders and trading practices happen with somewhat regularity.

5. SpdKilz

SpdKilz Advocate (710) Illinois Jan 8, 2009

Are you kidding me? Wow. He is giving us lawyers a bad name. He's a lawyer for under a year and already trying to bully people by throwing out libel on a beer forum. I made a joke post about how he will "sue" you but I guess I wasn't that far off. Internet beer forums...it's serious stuff guys.

FTowne likes this.
  6. Whats done is done guys. Unless some one has a time machine I think we can all lay this to rest. On a different note, Has anyone tried the beer yet? I had the original one just days before the BA release and was blown away. In my opinion this beer is really going to give Hunahpu a run for its money. What say YEE? Lets start a different thread for haters and people that want to fight. Time to get back to brass tacks ,BEER! I would love to get some feed back on this wonderful brew. If you have popped a bottle and fallen in love let us know about it!!!!!!!!!

JoEBoBpr, Theeabyss and Nrcost2 like this.
  7. keirhaug

keirhaug Aficionado (130) Missouri Dec 12, 2006

I had it on draft at the release. It lives up to the hype. It's tasty. Would I trade a Cable Car for it? No, but it is worth a decent trade value.

JoEBoBpr and jaminjohnson like this.
  8. Thanks man!

9. menkros

menkros Aficionado (150) Illinois Dec 11, 2010

I flew down from Chicago to STL. Was too late for the BA version. Ended up with a case of regular Abraxas. They said they had distribution here, other than Lakeview I've never seen Abraxas at Binnys or other. You guy seen it here in chi town?

10. The best I can describe BA Abraxas is take the regular Abraxas and put it on steroids. You don't really get one thing coming through more than the other in the BA version, but as whole it's like everything was ramped up a notch. All the spices are fresh so with age this beer may change a bit, but it's damn good right now.

JoEBoBpr likes this.
  11. evilcatfish

evilcatfish Advocate (515) Missouri May 11, 2012

I had a couple glasses at the brewery on Friday night and it was fucking awesome. Pardon my French

JoEBoBpr likes this.
  12. KevSal

KevSal Advocate (605) California Oct 17, 2010

I've got some killer brews for a bottle of this stuff if anyone has an extra bottle or 2 for trade

13. mojiboo02

mojiboo02 Aficionado (185) Illinois Sep 27, 2012

Must find a bottle!!!!!!!!!

14. I agree! This is a must have for me. Sure hope my good beer karma pays off now more then ever.

15. CityofBals

CityofBals Initiate (0) Illinois Sep 12, 2012

I think there's plenty of cultural animosity towards lawyers already (God threatens to sue the Devil for accepting a nice engineer into Hell after Heaven was full. The Devil asks "Oh yeah? Where are you going to find a lawyer? Theyre all in Hell!")

Probably no damage done to the public opinion, it's still shit.

SpdKilz likes this.
  16. CityofBals

CityofBals Initiate (0) Illinois Sep 12, 2012

[​IMG]

I saw the same frickin' white kia soul on KBS day too...

JohnfromPurdue and Bay01 like this.
  17. evilcatfish

evilcatfish Advocate (515) Missouri May 11, 2012

18. Good on the Kia Soul. Don't hate because he beat you to the punch. That's pretty damn awesome if you ask me. Naysayers gonna naysay. They will make more beer, get over yourselves.

19. claspada

claspada Advocate (650) New Jersey Sep 27, 2007

Most likely he/she doesn't have many friends and it shouldn't be an issue if the person is confortable with their actions.

20. Haha, whatever guys. If he was my friend it would be awesome. You would actually have A LOT of "Friends" once they found out what you had! lol

21. I'd make sure the guy with 60 copies was my friend! Or I would just buy directly from him and SKIP the line all together!

Curt1 likes this.
  22. Did you ever just think maybe BA's don't like white Kias? What a crap car, am I right?

23. You gotta love him for his "Tetris" packing skills!

24. KevSal

KevSal Advocate (605) California Oct 17, 2010

those are the kind of friends i can do without.

are you the white kia dude?

arniepnminne and BierGartenok like this.
  25. Naw, I like sports cars personally. But if I did see this guy, I would wave some cash in his face until I got what I wanted and to hell with a line. "HEY KIA GUY I GOT MONEY!"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.