1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Phoenix Airport (PHX) Craft Beer Options

Discussion in 'US - Southwest' started by JuniperJesus, Jan 4, 2013.

1. JuniperJesus

JuniperJesus Savant (430) Illinois Feb 26, 2011

Any decent craft beer options in the airport (PHX)? I have a two hour layover when I travel next week and I wanted to pop a few while I'm waiting for my flight.
  2. Not much in my experience, though I am always in the USAir terminal. I had a Black Butte Porter in a plastic cup at La Madeleine once. Usually I am on the other side by Roadhouse 66. I think Fat Tire is the best choice there. Good luck!
  3. luwak

luwak Savant (305) Arizona Mar 2, 2010

Black Butte is the best you will find at the airport. Two hrs isnt enough time to leave to the very nearby beers bars in Tempe.
  4. Tukee

Tukee Aficionado (155) Arizona Aug 1, 2009

I hear there will be a Four Peaks in one of the terminals soon - but for now the airport pretty much sucks
  5. Jefeipa

Jefeipa Aficionado (185) Arizona May 6, 2009

Terminal four is starting to get better places that's where Four Peaks is going to be.
  6. yemenmocha

yemenmocha Champion (930) Arizona Jun 18, 2002

I haven't been on the north side of terminal 4 in awhile but there used to be a place with Gordon Biersch taps and a couple other crafts. Beyond that you're likely to just find Deschutes or Fat Tire, Sierra Nevada or Sam Adams offerings - plus some common imports like Guinness or Dos XX.
  7. PJHealy

PJHealy Zealot (90) Ohio Jun 14, 2012

PHX is not good for beer. On Sunday the best I could find was a bottle of Four Peaks Kilt Lifter at la Madeleine by Gate B19 (I believe). Can't take it away, though, and there aren't a lot of tables.
    yemenmocha likes this.
  8. tpop

tpop Aficionado (110) Arizona Apr 17, 2010

Tacos and Tequila near the A gates has Four Peaks Kiltlifter and SanTan Epicenter on tap. Sierra Nevada Pale as well.
  9. yemenmocha

yemenmocha Champion (930) Arizona Jun 18, 2002

LOL this thread is amusing.

Airport wise, I'd rather be in Salt Lake City. Yeah, it's that bad here.
    ONovoMexicano and BearDownCats like this.
  10. greenhorn

greenhorn Aficionado (190) Arizona Jan 18, 2012

Yeah, looking forward to Four Peaks opening...

I ate at Blanco (Mexican) in Terminal 4 a few months ago and they had some Four Peaks and SanTan on tap.
  11. MooseBoose

MooseBoose Savant (460) Wisconsin Jun 6, 2007

A Mirror Pond or Red Chair (if in season) at an airport sounds like a pretty darn good option to me!
  12. fredmugs

fredmugs Champion (820) Indiana Aug 11, 2012

I am rolling thru PHX on aug 10th and was just told that four Peaks won't be open until the end of Aug.
  13. merc7186

merc7186 Savant (345) New York Dec 5, 2010

Did Four Peaks open up yet??? I have a layover on the way home from the GABF ... Denver to Phoenix to Buffalo :confused:
  14. Not yet. I flew in Monday p.m., hoping it would be open. The website says it will open in the fall.
  15. luwak

luwak Savant (305) Arizona Mar 2, 2010

Four Peaks is now open at the airport.
    I'm told there both draft and cans/bottles to go.
    Good for them. And for PHX which is such a lame airport. It feels a little cooler now that the big local brewery has a face there.
    nsheehan and ONovoMexicano like this.